Released Formula RaceRoom Junior

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Feb 11, 2016.

1. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    I wouldnt call it perfect match, when it's suspension can't deal with bumps :D

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Wow!! :)
    This track, with a loose set up really gives you a fight!! :sweatsmile:
    Had to be on edge every second not to lose time correcting the car or spin out!! Awesome!! :kissingheart:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    ESR west 3 has brand hatch with formula junior and Nsu running right now :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Mmmh not sure about how I feel about these cars... They look and sound nice but I'm not that stocked about them. I'll give it a go with the test drive as soon as possible. What I didn't like that much from the video reel, was the AI. Don't know if the difficulty was too low or maybe it's for some other reason but it looked like they were very slow/messed up in a few sections...

5. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    It all comes down to your personal driving style really. I use single player against 4 Ai to get the car feeling how i like it then head to online multiplayer to give myself a proper test. This normally results in going back to single player and trying a few different settings. Eventually i end up with something decent and if i finish anything above 7th i'm happy! :D

6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    FR JR + Oschersleben is so much fun! Only drove it in practice but this combination was a blast. I love this car.

The driver names are funny too.. we have an A. Foley, a McClane, a Riggs... that can't be a coincidence ;) btw McClane had the best time in practice.. Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  7. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Where's Hightower?

8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    he's too big for this cars

9. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    ...and Callahan, punk.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Ok these little buggers are a blast. Didn't think they'd be so fun. They're like supercharged go carts:tonguewink:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    And Durden.

12. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Didn't try yet but the car reminds me the good memories spent with the Formula Ford in Toca Race Driver 2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. mister dog

mister dog Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Picked it up yesterday, best single seater experience for me since the Formula BMW in Racepro (Race 07).
    Like stated here, most single seaters in racing game feel light and 'on rails', you tend to feel FFB only when riding kerbs, but with this one it really does feel like a hard springed Formula car, you feel the suspension and what the tyres are doing as there's tons of feedback from the road, and it has a good wheel weight to it also.

Nice that a special sound effect was added for when tyres make contact with each other during races, and that you can hear the cockpit rattle when the car is shaken around. Most devs wouldn't even bother with implementing that, so it shows the care and attention S3 puts in making each car a proper experience [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -0
    Just had an awesome race Nordschleife at sunset against maximum number of ai and it was such a great and close run race ... these little cars are such fantastic fun to drive and yes you can easily get all crossed up and lose it when pushing hard, just how it should be ! :eek:

...huge kudos to the guys who designed & implemented this for RRRE as it is bloody fantastic !!! :D

If this is anything to go by then the Formula 4 Tatuus Abarth is going to also be another great open wheel racing mobile to add to the growing stable of mini land rockets !

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Had a chance today to buy and race this car and.....Absolutely Brilliant! It tasted even better than the fresh strawberry smoothie I had this afternoon :D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Ah.

Better late than never: Thanks!

Moving trees I somehow have missed, during racing anyway. It was a static camera in a replay at Nord where I first notice dit.

17. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I'm want to try it at Shanghai today. On the Vesta my front tyres after 30 min race look like this :)
    [​IMG]

18. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW I think the issue of the wheels not seeming to touch the ground (when they should be) can even be seen in official S3 video for the car - see around 0:06 - 0:10 here:

I know it's just cosmetic, but it would help with immersion if this could be fixed

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    But on this video is not so bad with collision. Yesterday at Nordschleife i see how FR Jr fell to the ground (front part) after crash.

Just done 30 min race at Shanghai. West Long layout. Tons of fun (Going through the corners T1-T4 absolutely fantastic). And now i know for what short layouts of the tracks :)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  20. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    They're good at Hockenheimring Short as well, and I would think Monza Junior will be a blast.