Released GTO Car Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Apr 20, 2016.

1. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    According to information in store it has 709 bhp
    http://game.raceroom.com/store/cars/gto-classics/audi/audi-90-quattro

Remember how turbocharged engine behaves - it has rather low torque on lower RPMs. And you never has 100% power on every wheel, even in RWD/FWD cars - that's because of differential.

Don't know why it has 5-speed gearbox, tho.

2. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    @Mich Angel, everyone gets your love for that car, just calm down. With the pack released, people will give feedback on the overall class and we will see changes if there is a critical mass as it has been in the past. You may not get the monster you wish for, due to BoP, but ticking out and insulting over this seems excessive. It's people who actually make all that work, you know that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I'm actually feeling the same as @Mich Angel, it's not the same car anymore.. .:eek: o_O
    I frickin loved that car, and was so loking forward to the GTO pack, I still am, but will probably drive some of the others from now on!..
    I hate to say it, but RIP old friend!.. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    IMSA GTO, a superb choice with great possibilities to extend.:)
    But again I'm missing some tracks, these cars raced on.:(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    This car had a enormous torque even on low rpm and yes there was a turbo lag in it but not as it is now it was realy perfect how it preformed before in the game realy close to real thing now it is just boring, so why they nudered it is beond me and this car have 100% locked differential so that is not so it drove the same on all tires all time

6. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    There is just that thing to me that is more than love for this car and that is ..... IF IT IS NOT BROKE, DO NOT FIX IT!
    that is what make me most upset it was almost close to real thing before in the game the physic handling all wheel drive, the enormous power all from low rpm up to the enormous powerboost when turbo kicked in it is all gone now it is like a frecking road car it lost like 250-300hp... and one gear.. totaly unexaptable

Yes I love R3E I have bought everything there is to buy in the game and will continue do so I think that tell alot how much I appreciate the work being done but I still need to be able to vent my opinion when things that are ok get neutered.. I never rospeddle a opinion there is no need to be mushy and sweet clear straight fact I think work best and it is never personel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  7. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Mmm.. maybe we could get used to a bop:less edition of the cars...

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/poll-you-want-the-real-thing.2309/

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Looking at this vid of that Audi going sideways passing on the outside, and also listening to Hans-Joachim Stuck, I think they nailed it with the physics before this update!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    yea would be great if you compared them as you can see on the original there it is really step curve and goes up really fast in power already from low rpm... I mean at 2000rpm you are already past 300hp and 2500rpm it is past 400hp then at 300hp is gonna move a car forward fast specialy when there is another 100hp coming within the next 500rpm

11. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    exatly what I am saying it was perfect now it is... broken it lost its soul :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    You're looking at torque chart. At 2000RPM there is only 100HP, 2500 - 150, 3000 - ~215, 4000 - 350 and so one. White is power, orange is torque.

And DashMeterPro shows pretty much same numbers (with some differences in plus and minus) - but it's just estimation based on how fast car is accelerating, how much it weights, etc. Besides this curve comes from test on stand not from track.

• Like Like x 2
  13. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    No... I just don't like your parlance ;)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yea ok fair enough I can take that ;) kind of agree with you little I get upset sometimes and I am always straight on maybe not the best way always but it is honest at least ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    I don't get why some think in absolutes and add this drama. The game is in constant development. The changes are still new and will draw more attention on feedback with the pack release. So it may take a while until the pendulum swings back for that very car, sucks a while, but not the end.

Manners still matter, calling people idiots doesn't help your cause. In situations like that I try to write an email in full vent mode, to get it all out, but then not send it. Give it rest, let the mail sit there. Then re-read and cut emotions in a few iterations. In the end you want to win people, not drive away. It has nothing to do with honesty to keep the tone at level, but respect. There is no "kiss ass" in presenting a cause more neutral mood.

You make good points, some people agree, some not, don't ruin it by going full drama in public.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    The power is transmitted via a 6-speed manual transmission which has a locked gear due to the IMSA regulations.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I hope this series grows. You release it i will buy it.Thanks S3.;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mue

Mue Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    :eek: yeah great...more legendary cars...wuuhaaaa:D:D

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mich Angel

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    OK thank you for explaining this I appreciate that :D confirmed :D

And might be good to explain myself so no one get the wrong ide about why I am upset with the change of the Audi...

I love R3E and find it to be the best ever made sim race game IMO. I have everything that can be bought in the game and will continue supporting and buying everything that is released as long as the game will exist. I have the most serious respect for all the hard work that is going in to this sim game and that I sometime act out to certain changes or if things are off. It is just the way I am, I am straight forward and say what i think of things and that is never personnel so it is not to be taken like that it is just opinions, nothing more nothing less. And I am the first to admit if I am wrong, no one is perfect and every one does mistake, I never hold a grudge toward anyone not even to a pure shithead, I accept people for who they are and never mix behavior with the person for everyone have bad and good days and IMO that need to be respected.
    I always try to see the good in another people and I accept that sometime you have to adapt and change.

So I guess I will adapt eventually to the new behavior of that Audi and make the best out of it.. still gonna miss the old one ;)

Please do not digg in to deep of what I am saying just try to stay little on the surface I rarely are that serious even if it sometime can come out that way. ;) Now be happy and race ON, I know I will ;)

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  20. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I'm like you I really liked the pre-update version, but I have no issue with the new version what so ever.
    Take that thing out on the big nords. Keep you rev high and it's quite awesome.
    Sure sometime I wish the sliding as it was was doing prior to the update was still around but instead i just changed the way I approach the car and it's mighty fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2016