Game could do with some lower powered options

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Richard Powell, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    First off, just got the game a few days ago so this is a rather uninformed first impression, but I can't help but feel the learning process would be helped along if some less imposing cars were offered as standard. I've already bought the DTM '92 pack and Mount Panorama (de rigueur for any Australian), and I'm doing OK with the Mercedes (I'm actually pretty slow, at about 2:21-2:24 a lap, but it's early days yet), but only because I know the track so well. All the free cars are a real handful.......it would be nice to have something like a Caterham 200 to throw around while you're learning the game and tracks and all that. Anyway, just a small complaint from an old fossil, love the game, and hope to get good enough to compete without ruining it for anyone else, that's all.

2. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Firstly - A V8 Mustang at Bathurst is the "de riguer" for any Australian, not the Merc.:rolleyes::p:D
    Secondly- Welcome to RRE. :cool:
    Thirdly - I recommend the Touring Classics to assist your learning curve.;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the wtcc bmw is fairly simple to dive easier than the touring classics and dtm's cause its so stable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. matteman

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    You can add Traction control to the Touring Classics for added stability. ;)
    You cant do this with WTCC.
    Also, once you get the hang of the classics with their soft suspension and mushy brakes you will appreciate the crispness of a faster modern race car all the more. Just my opinion. o_O

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  5. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    another problem with wtcc is theyre all fwd...prob better to learn w/ a rwd car then move onto fwd.

6. Richard Powell

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Now if there was an L34 Torana.....then we'd be talking Bathurst (I did say I was a fossil).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    The WTCC BMW is RWD.
    But as mentioned, the Touring Classics are good to start with, and great fun to drive!

• Like Like x 2
  8. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I don't agree with the Touring classics, yes they're slow but they're really nervous under throttle. To drive them fast requires a lot of finesse on the throttle and the steering input.
    The easiest cars to start with would be the WTCC cars in my opinion, both the FWD and the RWD are fairly tame and easy to throw around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I specified the BMW for a reason\
    you shouldn't need traction control for the wtcc as you can almost nail the throttle and the car wont turn unless your on the curbs
    but i agree with the suspension i love bouncing around in those touring classics if you watch a real life series like enzed touring masters watching them seesaw in the wheel is great

10. matteman

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    My Point exactly.;)
    Plus Richard said himself he is an "Old fossil" and if he is used to driving a Holden Torana then soft suspension, mushy brakes and a nervous throttle will make him feel right at home. :p:eek:. (My first car was a 74 LH 253 Torana!)
    I have been driving the WTCC BMW for the past couple of weeks and Iam having a great time with it, Either way you cant go wrong. Hell buy both car packs and go hard.o_O

• Like Like x 1
  11. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Wait for the Mini. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    WTCC = Imprinted by games like Toca Touringcar Champ. I'll always love them but - honestly - I´m too lazy sometimes to switch from RWD to FWD (except for the BMW which is ok for to set up a quick online match) cause it surely takes a refined technique to drive them properly and FAST...(never lift throttle in delicate corners for example :D)...guess I already bought too much stuff and now I`m getting confused by all that various options lol....

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    +1
    My guess is that they will launch the minis with Dedicated servers, do to the popularity of those cars in leagues. :)

So I guess it's going to be quite soon! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
  15. Richard Powell

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Actually in the intervening 24 hours I've discovered the Audi in the '92 package. Now that thing is a complete barrel of monkeys to drive, and after a few laps I'm 3 seconds quicker in it than the Merc yesterday, which is probably still 15 seconds slower than anyone else, but progress never the less.

16. Jay Ekkel

Jay Ekkel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Soonish ™

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Konta-Robi

Konta-Robi Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    oh no not Soonish ™ i want it Soonisher ™

18. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I found the Volvo 240 to be a great car to learn on. Maybe it just fits my driving style. I still enjoy having ago in it, especially on new tracks.

• Like Like x 1