Released Group 5 Class update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 26, 2016.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yepp, @Sector3...Guys, I'm speechless, now my favorite (Zakspeed) drives like I always anticipated he should :)..I always loved the Group 5 Pack and now even more....it was just that before on a long term they were quiet exhausting and also unpredictable at times but now you still have a lot to do behind the wheel but every movement appears comprehensible, inviting you to push the limits further....well done. And yes : The Capri loves to be thrown round the corners...

Thx ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I won't be able to test this update until monday but i must say that i really like the presentation, it's informative, interesting and fun to read. Thumbs up!

I would like to have this car data presented in game :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Wow. I really need to quit my job, have barely scratched surface of last update!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  4. Craigyboi81

Craigyboi81 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    First car i tried was the corvette and thought my brake pedal wasn't collaborated correctly!!:openmouth::openmouth:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. Mobius

Mobius New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    @Wacha ..."but the turbo cars have lost some of the "beasty" aspects that I loved so much."
    Really !? oh no no no :(
    Have to wait until tomorrow to test :mad:

6. Jukka Karppinen

Jukka Karppinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Not really in my opinion. You still have to be quite careful with gas in corners and generally updated cars feels way better than before.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Only driven the zacspeed, softer\nicer\easier in n out of corners but feels like its lost its naughty edge, slightly neutered in my eyes, but what do i know!
    Still love it tho!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Naratik

Naratik Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Best birthday present ever :D Thank you guys so much I love the new group 5 physics i have so much fun with them!

9. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    after the upgrade, so much you will not see (video output to upgrade)
    do not turn the game in arcade...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  10. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what you are saying, you mean a car going very fast over a crest wouldnt get a little air?

11. Roman TRT

Roman TRT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Physics was easy for this Сlass G5

12. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Yes, probably agree to a point, a much better feel now at the expense of difficulty, it seems so much easier to drive a little more forgiving on the edge but no less fun, and probably a lot more appealing across the board to everyone.

13. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I feel the same. too many cars to try and re-try not enough time in my life!!
    starting to hope i can retire early :p

14. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I expected a post like that (nothing personal m8).
    There are always those who think the harder to drive a car is, the more "Simulation" must be in there while I 'm pretty sure the update matches the real physics of that beast(s). For example : If you think the modern DTM is easy to drive go and try to push them to the absolute limit (if you can). Of course it takes a different driving style, but that's not what I mean ;)
    For me the Gr.5 is finally freed...

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Really nice description of these wonderful cars. Please do more of these physics description threads as it was interesting to see that the BMW do have a Division 1 equivalent version of the car in US.

Any chance for more of these monsters in the future?

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    generaly like the update,jerky steering's gone they are more predictable,the corvette is a scary monster I love it.
    one thing I don't like and its quite importand imo.Cars,except vette,monza and maybe fabcar,do not slide enough on the power,maybe this is a result of the 90% locked diffs?Its not like i drove them irl or anything but they are beasts under a tone 600+ hp no traction control with 70s tech chassis,suspension and tyres so anything less sensitive than a cat's paw sould sent u on the wall

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Wacha

Wacha New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I understand what you mean. As I said on my post, I've never driven any of these cars so I can't really tell if they drive like this or not. I'm sure the update's goal is not to dumb down the cars or make them more accesible to everyone, but to make them more realistic. I can say I now feel the cars better, and that the setup changes make more of an impact than before. What I meant is that these are 600-800 hp turbo beasts with massive lag and late 70s chassis. I could feel that before, anytime I stepped on the throttle while mid corner I felt the car trying to murder me by sending me into the wall. It made you respect the car, having to adapt to it and finishing on the podium (never mind winning) really felt like an acomplishment. I'm just saying they've lost some of that character, much easier to tame now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. AzkarateAsi

AzkarateAsi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    mate that can happen so easily if you dont watch your speed here is an example

19. Karsten Borchers

Karsten Borchers KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Just want to add something you might want to take into account.

1. The default fuel load on these is full tank, and as you can see in the first post, that really shifts the weight distribution. Its in essence a substantial amount of free 'downforce' for traction. Reduce the fuel, and the car changes.

2. Different grip levels on tracks and sessions.

3. You are starting the car in optimal conditions. Tires are in optimal temp range, no wear, and on a optimal surface.

4. Default setups are always made safe, because they have to cope with a wide range of tracks, controllers, and skill levels.

5. Regarding getting air at Quiddelbacher Höhe. Lift the throttle. Very rear biased downforce on these. Happens in real life to, if the speed is high enough to catch air. Seen Rally much? If they dont get it just right, the car is all over the place when taking air.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Just break a little or even lift-off throttle and weight will shift towards front and you can land on 4 wheels.