Released 26-04-2016 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely. I actually had the exact same impression when first testing the new Group 5 physics, but it was mainly due to my previous experience in those cars. I really had to learn them from scratch again and find their/my limit with the new physics and tyres.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kabuki101

Kabuki101 Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I agree. But it depends if you want to simulate those cars like they drove in the late 70s with 70s tires or with modern tires as shown on the youtube videos. This makes a huge difference. From my PoV the Group5 behaves now like old cars with modern racing tires. Before it was more like period correct 70s hard racing tires.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I like the new Mustang, really nice to finally be able to race it against other cars!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But I'm not equally thrilled with the G5 Classics.. :(
    The Greenwood and the Dekon is fine!
    It's the change on the Turbo cars I don't like..
    And it's not that they are more planted and have more weight to them, I like that part, they don't and probably shouldn't slide around all over the place all the time.
    But the thing I loved about those cars was the "skill" of throttle use you needed to have to drive those cars "fast", to really be gentle and be prepared to counter the turbo lag, cause kicks you got was insane!
    I have just tried them all on Bathurst, which was a really hard and demanding track with those beasts before. :laughing::sweatsmile::tonguewink::hearteyes::kissingheart:
    But now I drove over that mountain like nothing, could mostly just pedal to the metal out of the corners without any trouble when the turbo "kicked in" (or more like pushed a bit now), they just felt meh.. .:blush::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::neutral::flushed::fearscream::cry:

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I didn't even know that this mustang was gt3 spec, which is why I never bought it lol. I do wish they have more liveries for it though. The camaro is probably my favorite car in the gtr3 class.

5. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    @heppsan make sure you have reset your car setups.

I drove the group 5 last night again in live, and with the Capri on Nordschleife I started the first turns really slow, under the turbo kick, and was cruising, then before flugplatz I explored the throttle and the car scared me as it should :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marko Hartikainen

Marko Hartikainen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yes those will come too, going through all tracks for bigger grids.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I did reset the setups.
    But the only time I felt a kick was in 1 st gear coming out of the pit, after that I was cruisin'..

Edit:
    I still had to manage my throttle use in the Greenwood and Dekon, so they felt good.
    But I'm more of a Turbo guy..

8. Nicolas Leféroce

Nicolas Leféroce Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I did not hear anyone complain of old Group5 physics, quite the contrary: they were one of the best R3E classes.

Why spend working time to modify theses physics when very important things are claimed for years, like the flags ???

Usually, after every Sector3 update, the opinions of our GTR3 Team is unanimous: awesome.

But then, what a catastrophe for the Group 5! Everyone find theses new Group5 physics completely failed and cry the old ones!

We want the old physics back ! :mad: ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well afaik that's what Karsten and Marko are aiming at when creating classic cars, tyres with grip and degradation levels of their time. I agree that tyres back in the 70's might not have been as intricate as modern ones, but again, unless pushed to their performance limit, I don't expect them to have been super shitty either. It's a massive block of rubber generating friction with the tarmac, there's no magic going on there.

Following (and exaggerating) your chain of reason the even older cars with their skinny tyres

or motorcycles with only two skinny tyres shouldn't ever have been able to take off or drive through a corner without massive sliding, and yet they did and continue to do.
    Again, just my pov.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  11. Nazca

Nazca Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    And no need to be skilled with heel toe technique for brake... It's easy to do without. Before the patch I was afraid to touch my brake pedal and do something with the clutch at the same time :confused:, now I'm testing down from 5th to 2nd gear in one movement with the H th8a ... With success!o_O
    Happy too for the rest of this patch, and the mustang GT3 will be soon in my garage when new liveries will on sale ! :)

Sorry for my english :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    That I noticed too, that the downshifts are a bit easier to manage, even without heel and toe, if you're a bit easy on the clutch. And that's a good thing, as my heel and toe isn't all that great. :oops:

So you can get decent lap times without heel and toe at all, but trust me - when pushing the cars to the limit, you still need to heel and toe! It's just a bit easier, as the rear wheels don't lock up quite as easily as they used to. I've never driven a car of this caliber in real life, so what's most realistic is impossible to say. But of course, any manual shift car can be driven pretty hard without heel and toe, even a hardcore racecar. It's when you're really pushing the limits heel and toe comes into play.

If you're at near full speed in 5th and then downshift directly to 2nd... Well, why would you do that? It would break the gearbox in any case. And if you're not at near full speed in 5th, then why aren't you in 4th? Or 3rd?

13. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Great update, nice to see MP lag fixed finally. Other things sounds nice as well, although I havent played game with new update yet.

Just surprising thing about car setups. Why we cannot modify so basic and easy thing like tyre pressure? Is it due to game engine limitations and tyre physics, or where is problem?
    I think tyre pressure is important aspect in motorsport racing. Will it be added in near future?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I haven't the slightest idea how those cars were to drive, and I don't think the update of them is all bad.
    The weight to them and also the feeling / handle on a straight line is better, they could feel a bit sway / floaty before.

But you may think, do to the power and age of these cars, that you would need plenty of gentle throttle use to drive them safely.
    That part I miss immensely!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nazca

Nazca Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    ;) It's exactly that I waited for, but no, it happened with a little mechanical sound like "grrrrac" (gearbox/clutch) but no damage... Downshifts are more than "a bit easier to manage"... But why no? It's just a big difference with the last physics and his locked rear wheels. :eek:
    Tested with the BMW 320 turbo on Mid-Ohio.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Flamedphoenix

Flamedphoenix Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    Tested the BOPed Ford Mustang on the VLN Nordschleife - really nice to drive. Good job! :)

17. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Oh. I'd better not try then, because this would bug me too... :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    IMO prepatch they were garbage to drive with this boat feel, which i didn't mind until S3 started to release cars with latest physics. You could also save some insane slides (especially on low wings) which was completely unrealistic.

Probably best cars in RaceRoom right now, and probably best cars that RaceRoom will ever have (maybe something like classic formula one could top that).

I would complain about few things, which applies to every car with latest physics:
    - Too forgiving gas pedal reaction - you really need to push hard to make them spin (FWDs are fine), unless tires are dirty or really worn.
    - Tires pretty much don't change their temperatures (i was complaining about this in other thread) - after standing still for 30min they dropped from starting 95*C to 84*C. They always have optimal grip and all cars start with optimal temperatures (so tires aren't cold after leaving pits, even on cars that don't use tire warmers)
    - Still no proper engine heating (really minor thing, tho)
    - Engine starts too fast, even before starting sound sample hasn't ended (kinda weird thing)
    - Shifting seem to fast in cars with H-pattern gearbox (Group5, FRJR, GTOs, NSU), it's like shifting using sequential. So guys who use H-shifter are in disadvantage.
    - Throttle bliping on downshift seems useless now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0 / -0
    I am not very bright :oops: ... what the hell does BOP mean ? o_O I have seen it in few posts scattered around lately.

20. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    Good job SECTOR 3;)
    Whenever there is update, R3E evolves
    I'm looking forward to tomorrow releases in Audi TT RS VLN:cool:

• Like Like x 1