FFB Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spazo

Spazo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Need some help, witch setting I need to change to had more weight around the center off the wheel ? On straight line , I dont get any FFB. Between 0-10 degree, I feel the wheel very lose/soft. After that its perfect

Playing with GT3 cars, this doesnt affect me much but with WTCC cars its another story

I'm using a G27 with nate's setting

2. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    G27 has a deadzone in the center did u check your min forces setting it should be around 16 to 18% that will get rid of it

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Spazo

Spazo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Min force currently at 13%. Will try something higher
    By raising the min force, will I loose other FFB effect ?

4. Hell-Fiend™

Hell-Fiend™ Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    The way to check your specific wheel deadzone download an app called wheelcheck it was made by an iracing modder it can check your min force setting 4 u. But am pretty sure min should be 16 and above 13 is too low

5. Spazo

Spazo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, will definitively check that

• Like Like x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I think this might just come down to the wheel. The G27 is known to have a big deadzone, which can somewhat be minimized based on using a higher minimum force %. I think I use 8% min force, but I havent really tried anything a lot higher than that. Rather learned to live with it using my wheel not only in R3E, but all the other sims currently out there.

Perhaps 16-18% will help remedy the deadzone, but it also might introduce an oscillation/vibration when driving in a straight line.

You could also try raising the steering force intensity or the vertical load %. Both of those seem to give a bit more firm feel on the wheel.

This might just be one of those sensations that is difficult to get rid of without owning a fancy wheel that doesnt inherently have a big deadzone.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Spazo

Spazo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys, will try all this. Now I know what to look at ;)

8. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    It could be a good idea to expand this to when AI control takes over in pits etc. My wheel still wants to move until stationary.

9. alexandr dmitriev

alexandr dmitriev New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  10. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I've had nothing but problems getting R3E to feel right on my CSW V2 (I think it's more something wrong with my system than with R3E). For me there is no difference between FFB Intensity at 1% and at 100%. If I turn it to 0% all the FFB goes away but 1% feels exactly like 100% and I think that's a sign that something somewhere in my system is very wrong. It sucks because it's made R3E unplayable, the FFB feels very generic (no info from the road, tires, or suspension) and I have no idea what the car is doing.

To other CSW users, do you feel a difference in the wheel strength when you adjust the FFB Intensity? The only way I can adjust the feeling/weight of the wheel is to adjust the Steering Force Intensity and Lat/Vert loads but nothing seems to make it feel right. To some extent all my sims are not behaving properly on the wheel and this is the second wheel I've had this happen to (other was a T300), I'm literally at my wits end. :(

Does anyone have any idea what would cause two different wheels to feel fine at first and then start feeling like crap? I've reinstalled drivers, flashed firmware, tried dozens of settings combinations, but AMS, AC, and R3E all feel like absolute poo on my system.

11. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Can you tell us exactly what settings in driver, on wheel and in game you are using?

12. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec driver only has 2 options, rotation and damper (at 900 and 0 respectively). On wheel settings are the normal, SEN at AUT, FOR at 100, DRI at 2 or 3 (I alternate between the two), everything else at 0 or OFF. In game varies as I'm always tinkering trying to get a good feeling, and it's been a while since I fiddled so I'm not sure exactly what they are. Like I mentioned, FFB Intensity doesn't seem to do anything so I just leave it at 100. I have to turn Steering Force Intensity down to around 40-50 with VERT ranging from 75-125 and LAT around 50-60. Rack is at 0 (with anything higher the wheel starts to feel very loose, light, and numb), Understeer around 20-30 (anything higher and the wheel gets too light for my liking). Everything else at 0.

What normally happens is the wheel feels too light around center and way too heavy in the turns, I mean like physically difficult to turn the wheel more than 90 degrees. And it all just feels like a generic weight, there's no info from the road/tires/suspension or variability from one turn to the another so every turn feels the same and every car feels the same. It feels like a cheap arcade game with no actual FFB and just a generic weight like a torsion wheel where 20º rotation always feels the same, 45º rotation always feels the same, 90º rotation always feels the same, regardless of the car/track/speed.

AC feels much the same, I used to be able to feel the tires slipping and the springs compressing but now I feel none of that and just a generic weight in the turns that feels pretty much the same for every car and every track. Except some cars get this weird lightness in the turns, whenever I approach 90º the FFB cuts out and it feels like someone unplugged the wheel. Some cars actually feel ok but I still think they're missing something, other cars feel like a cheap arcade wheel. I haven't played AMS a lot but it's much the same, too light/vague around center, too heavy in the turns, and an overall generic feeling instead of every car/turn feeling unique.

I had a T300 that behaved the same way, so I bought a CSW thinking it was a problem with the T300 but now the Fanatec doing the same thing. Both felt great the first couple weeks, then things started feeling odder and odder until they eventually felt like rubbish. With the T300 I could temporarily fix it by reverting my PC back to it's original Windows install and starting from scratch, but within a week or two it would start to feel bad again. It's all very odd and nobody seems to have any idea what's going on. I doubt two different brands of wheel developed the same defect which leads me to believe it's some inherent problem with my PC, like a bios problem or faulty USB ports (though I've tried all four of them and get the same result) or something like that. It's a CyberPowerPC that came to me complete and ready to go. I've spoken with them about it but they don't know anything about FFB wheels and could not provide any assistance.

13. Matt B

Matt B Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Not sure mate, your settings look fine. If it is related to your PC then that sux. Do you have access to another PC that can run any of the sims to do some tests?

How does changing the FFB multiplier for each car down using the FFB graph (you can assign it to a button) feel for you?

14. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately I don't have access to another PC that's capable of running any sims. I only use my PC for gaming and I rarely screw with any settings on it so I'm really not sure what would cause it to suddenly start feeling worse and worse.

I haven't messed with the multiplier much (only been on R3E twice since it was added) but since it seems like the signal isn't getting sent to the wheel properly I don't think it makes much difference. It all just feels generic and vague. Since all my sims feel screwy I don't think it's something game related.

15. Norman Kaiser

Norman Kaiser New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys im looking for some good settings for my Fanatec GT3 RS V2. Can you help me ?

16. catr

catr Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    How can I bind keys in Secondary Functions to my wheel? Is it only possible to bind keyboard keys? I'd like to have headlights and handbrake on the wheel.

17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    You should be able to bind any of those keys to your wheel. I have a G27 and used to have the headlights bound to a button on my wheel... before rebinding it back to my keyboard.

Have you tried binding keys and are having problems? Or are you just curious if you can?

18. catr

catr Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I tried it and it didn't work, after 30 minutes I rebooted my wheel and it worked fine after that. :)

19. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Question about minimum force, playing with settings today it felt at times the minimum force was actually adding the % on top of other settings, cant remember which but at the time it seemed to bump the power of other settings up, maybe my imaginary.
    Did i feel it wrong or has anyone else noticed that or is that an intended action.

Spent a few hours today trying to get fb i liked from scratch rather than using someone elses and changing to suit, anyway here goes.
    Using a G25 dont like it too powerful, these settings feel nice to me, thought i would share, may help someone.

Controller profile attached. Throttle and brake are at 100% and steering default 50%, if it works for you great if not no big loss.
    The minimum force is at 20% to try and find a few of the bumps at tracks like Zandevoort, i could drive down the str8 and see the front end of the car bouncing and moving but not feeling anything, with this setup there is a little tugging and movement at the wheel, nothing major but you feel something, maybe its just my bad setup and wrong :)

Edit - Updated, much better feel here Controller Profiles

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  20. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    That's pretty much exactly how minimum force works.

Basically, you are telling the game that your wheel needs more force, before you feel anything on your wheel. So, the minimum force basically increases all the FFB forces by whatever % you input. So, everything should feel stronger simply because you are adjusting the FFB forces higher.

Might be tough for me to explain, but this doesnt sound like any problem to me. Perhaps you are just using way too high of a min force. I use 8% on a G27 which is nearly identical to a G25.

Yeah, alright, min force definitely sounds too high if you are compensating to feel bumps in the road by cranking up that value.

Turn up the vertical forces which you currently have at 25%. This will instantly make you feel the bumps. I use about 80% vertical and 50% lateral.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.