FFB Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Thank you @Ernie . I've never changed any values in files. I will check this tonight.

2. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I can actually get understeer from visual cues so :)

Anyway, FFB is such a subjective thing that any settings published should only be used a starting point IMO.

3. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I did some testing and the value '3.0' is better indeed... I will play around with the value a bit more, but I already got a better feeling with understeer, thanks again @Ernie ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'm also a CSR user so feel free to share any useful findings. :)

5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I would not recommend trying this with a t300rs.
    I went in the control set and put 3.0 on both setting and after a couple lap the wheel started having a continuus vibration making a weird noise and it did not stop even after I quit the game, it only stopped once I unplug the usb cord.

I might try 2.0 instead and see how it does

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  6. luytyi

luytyi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Guys sorry if someone brought in confusion written. Actually nothing has changed with the FFB and rubber. The thing is that I have lost it on the default driver settings. Top they have, and so by default, with the exception of one check mark that immediately and not spotted)

7. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    If the FFB is reversed in game, does it reverse output to a motion simulator too?

8. mrSweSin

mrSweSin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    steering rack is like steering when you are standing still and from tire is like when someone kicks the middle front side tire. like pull or push. i think its most be like that it meens. ?

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. bogani

bogani New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    My wheel is pulling left/right when standing still in the pits. When driving it's fine though.

Wassup?

10. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully someone who actually knows will come along and correct me if I'm wrong, but here's how I think it is;
    Steering rack means you get to feel the forces going through the steering rack rather than the forces that are actually affecting your tires. Vertical and lateral load for instance are forces being applied to the wheel/tires, in a normal car this is not something you feel, but once those forces (together with weight transfer etc) has been going through the parts of the steering rack you will feel SOMETHING in the wheel, this is the FFB you get from the Steering Rack setting. Basically it's FFB which is more natural/real, since as already mentioned you actually don't feel tire load directly trough your wheel in a real car.
    Again, I might be wrong.

11. JNRRR

JNRRR Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    This is the same way, i understand this setting. In a real car the tireforces are transfered through steering geometry (via pneumatic trail, steeringarm, tierods and steeringrack) and result in a steeringwheeltorque. So 100% steeringrack is how it works in reality. Maybe someone by sector3 can confirm this?

upload_2015-3-29_20-22-35.png

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  12. Kjell Eilertsen

Kjell Eilertsen Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    LOVE the drawing, your own art! :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm that. Other sims (pCARS) also have this option of pure steering rack feel (if you wish)
    Problem is, we (w/o motion rigs :p) need to rely only on the FFB on the wheel which might feel awkward because I (we?) need to include a minimum of load (G) forces like the lateral load setting, a.e.

I'm still working on this subject in both sims actually to find a compromise that suits me in both FWD and RWD cars.

14. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    @RomKnight
    There is always the possibility to use a dedicated profile for FWD cars.
    As you can switch between profiles quite easily.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hm... it is actually. We can go to options / controls from anywhere.
    BTW, just to enlight and for the sake of completion, the new spring and damping are related to the FFB parameters (which I have disabled) or the suspension components?
    I still have to mess with those.

16. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    It´s the same settings you find in the hardware driver,
    but now you can change them in game instead.

I´d recommend leaving them on "0", but i guess that is personal preference.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RomKnight

RomKnight Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Though so. I did that out of instinct :)
    More time lapping around, then :d

18. luytyi

luytyi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Try my settings for T300RS. If there are better options will be glad to try them.

Attached Files:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Quite recently a Racedepartment member posted a thread related to his FFB "discover". He said that copy-pasting certain lines from the "old" Race 07 .rcs profiles, would enhance the feeling of R3E FFB.
    Well, I've tried and... actually it was quite interesting... it added more presence to the wheel: central deadzone VERY reduced, no swaying in the straights (but honestly, that never happened to me before) and more sense of connection to the asphalt.
    I don't know, maybe again it's the famous placebo effect, but to met adding those extra lines (that apparently are missing from the current R3E .rcs filse) has done something and I think I'll stick with these bastardized settings.
    Did anyone hear/try that already and have opinion to share in regards?

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Ooh you tease, you're gonna have to share your new rcs file and/or the lines you added. I'll happily test that placebo for you...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.