Would you pay un monthly fee for a "iracing like" MP system in R3E ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by le_poilu, May 4, 2016.

?

Would you pay un monthly fee for a "iracing like" MP system

1. yes, sign me in !

27 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. No, MP should remain free

137 vote(s)
    83.5%
  1. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it's because I'm loving it that I pushed this topic ;)
    I'm not it to bash against S3S .. I just had the curiosity to know if people would have be willing to pay for some extra service... nothing more.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Zinker73

Zinker73 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    You are saying you are sick of finding little leagues to race in ... that sounds more like a personal problem than like a problem with the MP that could be fixed with a "pay wall". Of course not every little league will be successful ... just the way it is, but there is also more successful ones. See ... i understand that the limited number of people is a problem that leads to half empty leagues and almost empty MP servers, but do you really think that an iracing like model is going to fix that ? I predict the opposite effect. It would be a destructive thing to have one, because you will have people on both sides of the "pay wall". There is more people needed in MP in general, so you got to make it more attractive to people ... better dedictated server features and more community features would do a better job in that. Just my two cents ...

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    No, I am asking YOU how many online players there are in Raceroom? Whenever I am online I see a couple dozen players. But not hundreds, let alone thousands. Don't compare console games with all the kids to a PC game like R3E.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Again, my point is not that it's NEEDED!
    My point is that MAYBE, it COULD be a way for the editor/partners to push more money into the MP development. Because TODAY , the MP side of R3E doesn't evolve so much. Why? MAYBE because editor/partners don't want to put money on it.
    So MAYBE, if they had a way to monetize it, they would be able to push the development of the MP side .. and then attract more players.

THAT'S ALL !

Why is there less online players in R3E than Asseto or Pcars ? Because the game is worst ? don't think so.
    Maybe it's because there a lack of communication, and big lack of features that stop lots of dedicated player to enter it.

5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Exactly this.

Also talk of providing a stable multiplayer platform for thousands of players is kind of silly when R3E has yet to crack 800 players active in the game at one time. I would guess that at least 80% (conservative estimate) of those are not playing online.

R3E still has a lot of work to do to get people playing this sim at all before we start thinking of grand multiplayer concepts.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  6. le_poilu

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Maybe it's exactly because of the lack of proper MP service that R3E doesn't have so much online players ;)
    MAYBE if you're able to provide the gamer a good and full of feature service, players will be attracted.

Don't you think ?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    No I don't. I switched from pCars 2 months ago and already dragged 10 new players into the game. None of us would have tried MP had there been a paywall preventing me from getting in.
    And I don't see how MP in R3E is worse than pCars? You could forget about public races there as they were crowded with crash kids.
    I for one don't need huge seasons. I want good races with clean racers and so far I found that here.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Nope.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Go to buy the game as an uninitiated consumer who has no prior knowledge of the vrp system, ooh i want this, oh, that could be good, sod it i may as well add the lot to my cart, £118.11 not that the majority pay anywhere near that (assumption)
    It started as an online only game, 3 yrs down the line and you want to charge people to make online better, it should of been great from the start.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zinker73

Zinker73 Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    No sorry, i don't think that adding any additional costs would fix the problem and that people suddenly come out of nowhere and populate all the servers in masses. I agree with you that there's still some things missing in R3E ... but i guess we both have different ideas on how to fix that,so we keep talking in circles. A cost effective way would be to push for more community features and maybe a TS community server using the infrastructure that is already there, that would attract more people in a short span of time and would make playing MP way more enjoyable. Nothing more to add ... i'm out.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sorry but that's just not true. It's the other way around, there was SP before there was MP.
    MP alpha was first added with DTM 2014 in June 2014 and only later introduced to DTM 2013 and RRE.
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-patchnotes-thread.261/#post-2339

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Jebus

Jebus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    A fee for MP would make already bad business model horrible imo. I would definitely not pay for MP, ever.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I just started playing multiplayer last week, and if I have to start shelling out money every month in order to keep playing I would instantly stop playing. That would literally stop me from simracing again.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Looking at the poll results so far shows a clear picture of what R3E enthusiast want or do not want, not much to discuss anymore.
    The recent addition of AC in Sim Racing System appear to have rekindle some interest for MP by AC enthusiast.
    Could R3E also be accessible with SRS and take advantage of what seems to me like a nice way to enjoy MP?

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
  16. Tortue G

Tortue G Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi, for me it's a choice, I can pay monthly fee if it give me access to all the content OR like actually I pay for the content but no monthly fee, not both... I don't like at all IRacing system :oops: !

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    It's the reason i'd rather play RRE than iRacing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Giorgos Tzanetos

Giorgos Tzanetos Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    Iracing has the best online racing experience and loses only from the real life racing.
    Physics are very bad.

Raceroom has the best physics, the most accurate driving simulation, but very bad online experience.

Imagine if you combine those two, what incredible experience will be.

Of course I prefer it free, but if it was 2 or 3 euros a month I wouldn't mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No biggy. If it would have been as you said I would have agreed to a point, but remembering the very basic state MP was in after it was introduced I'd say they've made some very good progress.
    Was the progress quick enough? Probably not, but given the circumstances and what else had to be worked it wasn't possible to get here quicker I guess.
    Is there room/need for further improvement? < Rhetorical ;)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Sad fact but in the 6 months ive played this game ive seen huge improvements, leaps and bounds which is only a good thing, but woah, the previous 30 months, lol, dosnt bare thinking about for me anyway!
    ;) no probablies here. And stop bloody guessing, ya worse than me.
    Ahhh stop the bus, Christian does rhetoric :)

• Funny Funny x 1