Would you pay un monthly fee for a "iracing like" MP system in R3E ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by le_poilu, May 4, 2016.

?

Would you pay un monthly fee for a "iracing like" MP system

1. yes, sign me in !

27 vote(s)
    16.5%
  2. No, MP should remain free

137 vote(s)
    83.5%
  1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    :D
    That's just me-speak for "this is not an official statement". But seriously, just remember the Experiences that had to be build during that time, standalone versions of those even, and tons of stuff that was changed/fixed compared to first release. So we're kinda back at "was it released too soon"? Stop that bus again...

2. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    no, because the MP is miles away from iRacing. I will not pay money for a race every 60 min on only a single track with no rules or rewards like in iRacing.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    My first reaction was "hell yeah" cause I'm willing to pay for whatever improves this game, but then, in a second thought, I just remembered I don't like the overrated (and in a good extent mythical) iRacing "system". It doesn't really work, people know it but sometimes is hard to recognize you've wasted $900 in something that does not deliver. I have a year subscription and near all the road content; I've had some good races but at the end of the day I don't give a tiny rat's arse about SR or iR. People become iR yunkies and stop enjoying racing because of the "system".

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  4. T.L

T.L Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This article pretty much sums it up and hints at 2 apps people can use:
    https://pretendracecars.net/2016/05/03/doesnt-this-already-exist/

p.s I havent used either race2play or SimRacingSystem so I cant say personally how
    they work but the system in iRacing is superior to any multiplayer server browser IMO.
    And it doesnt have to cost money but yea I would pay, atleast when it comes to R3E. ;)

5. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    @The Angry Hamster it's ok to disagree but at least I am realistic. RRRE is not a game I can start up and do a MP race in my favorite class whenever I want. There is only the VLN Nord Server with Georg or another random GT3 with like 2-10 people and 30% of these people are the typical crash guys.
    There are no servers for 1 or 2 hour races like in iRacing, nobody here seems to do that, no championship.
    Thinking that this game needs a payed online mode is illusionary. The MP adds nothing special to the experience. The costs for the servers are already calculated. It's not like this service would cost more than 150€ every month.
    It has no leagues, no rules, no match making, it has like only 50 people racing all the time.
    It has no full flag system, no safety car, no real flying laps, a poor cut the track detection.
    It has no race admins. No race competitions and don't link the one only race that starts in May this month.
    I call myself a realist, based on what I have experienced.

If this game gets all this, I am happy to pay for it, if it is the same or better than iRacing.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Add a fee for ir kind of servers but make content free than :)

7. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    I see and understand all your points here and I think I know what @le_poilu means. I also understand that most of you do not want extra costs and to a certain extent I do agree if it brings nothing which I can benefit from.

However, I for one, will pay an extra fee but it depends for what! If the extra monthly fee gives me a better service or something that better improves my online racing experience, then yeah why not. If it brings nothing new, then I wont be willing to pay a cent...

Some things mentioned here would be nice, like organised leagues, session schedules, bringing people together like iRacing, race results, leader boards, ratings, the ability for me to choose what and when I want to race and with whom...etc etc etc

So it depends how much I get back for the extra fee and how much it improves my racing experience. It's like having a TV set with an aerial to free stations and a paid subscription to watch movies whenever I want.

If it happens, it should be optional, as is now (aerial to free stations) and a paid subscription with all the goodies for those who want it ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  8. T@X

T@X Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Yes, just do it optional.
    People that like offline, stay with what they have (like it is right now)
    Pro-league : completely optionalsubscription, penalities, points,ranking , leagues. Better Mp environment and racing.

9. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I would definitively stop playing the game if there was a paywall AND I had to buy content in addition. If there was a monthly fee, the content should all be available.

I like the way it is now. If I have the money, I can buy content I like and I can play whenever I want without losing money by leaving the game alone for some weeks.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    So you pledge for offline (free) and pro-league (paid). In other words we folks who paid their fair bit of money already shall be taken away their chance for casual online racing?
    Why can't you pro-league racers (what numbers are we talking?) finance your pro-league system by starting fees? 85% voted no, but that does not mean that these 85% don't want to drive online.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I think RaceRoom dont have so big player base to start with monthly fees. And if they loose majority of current active drivers because of monthly fees it would not be good for game.
    Even now is 95% of MP servers empty and when someone wants to play MP, he is very very limited where to join if he dont want to be alone on server.
    Not everyone want participate on big events and championships. Someone wants just play with other drivers for fun and whenever he likes. Not being forced by league schedule.
    Also not every player is so skilled to play this kind of leagues and champs.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    IMHO, would be a marketing mistake to get a paid mp service. Why not to have a free "iracing like" mp? I like minorating for AC and I think it would be much more appropriate . I know I won't get to much sympathy for this but... to much fuss about iracing.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Giorgos Tzanetos

Giorgos Tzanetos Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    But this is exactly why Iracing's system is brilliant.

You can see all the championships, all the races, there will be races every xx minutes, you can participate for the championship or for fun whenever you want.

There is a rating system, so that you race with people with your own skill.
    The more people will join a race, the more you find with your skill.

Imagine for a race to join 1000 people, they will split into groups of 30-40 people,
    who will have almost the same skill.
    Imagine what great races will be for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    A nice dream. But let's get back to reality, where do you want to find these 1000 people with the same skills? Whenever I go online there are a few dozen players, spread across the various car classes. Often enough I have to cancel my wished class in order to be able to race online at all.
    On another note - skill level was mentioned several times now. One also suggested the creation of divisions based on skills. Who determines/judges these skills?

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    @Giorgos Tzanetos
    Sounds great, but I think iRacing have a lot bigger player base compared to R3E. I dont have stats how many players are Online in R3E but I think there would be problem to create groups with same skill with small amount of players. Maybe devs could add those live stats in portal, so we can see when is peak, average players online etc...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Giorgos Tzanetos

Giorgos Tzanetos Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    They didn't have it from the start.You build it with time.

17. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    No, no, and no.
    Mp should work great first ! ... See what i mean
    After that, no way :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Maybe create raking system based on simple points. When you are driving clear you are gaining some amount of points for example every 1Km on track. Then add points for finish position in race. On the other side, points will drop when you crash or leave track. (More for crash, less for leaving track). And few more factors could be considered... Dont know what all can be detected by game.
    Of course it would not be 100% accurate, but it can help to see if driver is total noob or crasher or serious driver :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    A different idea, that might suite some more people. In the (horrendous) fee of iRacing both content and MP are included.
    Why not couple the suggested MP elite entry fee to the amount of already spent vRPs / bought content? Those who already supported the game with lots of money would benefit and those who just want to race their single favourite car in an elite series would have to pay for the (elite) MP, as they didn't do anything else to support the game/community. Would sound more fair to me.

20. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Good idea, but needs refining. A total noob carrying his car around the track and arriving at the finish would score lots of points, while an experienced driver, who gets driven off the track by an idiot in the first corner gets none. But basically the idea is good.

• Agree Agree x 1