Strong and weak points of R3E (IYO)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gp20, May 6, 2016.

1. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Pro
    Great development team!!!!
    Community
    Sim is top notch, very believable physics
    Constantly changing for the better
    Development team listens to the community
    Development team is active in the community

Rich

2. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Strong:

- Sound (the best imho)
    - big car classes, not just a bunch of single car classes as in other games
    - selection of car classes (like DTM '92, IMSA GTO, Group 5)
    - AI - yes not perfect, but still better than in the others
    - Graphics
    - Physics
    - Devs present on the forum
    - costs (yes, I think it is good value for money)
    - leaderboard
    - advanced stats

Weak:

- no real flag system
    - no safety car
    - setup changes don't influence the car much, pCars is ahead in this field imho
    - AI pit system (two cars of the same team pitting at the same time, parking in each other)
    - no weather system
    - no night races

Whishes:

- flag system (dream: waving stewards)
    - safety car
    - more US tracks (Daytona, Sebring, Watkins Glen)
    - more classic series
    - Le Mans

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  3. T@X

T@X Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Strong points :
    _ Nice selection of cars
    _ best sounds ever
    _ Best FFB ever for belt-driven wheels
    _ Leaderbords
    _ good offline championships features
    _Being in the virtual cars, gives you the best, immersive driving experience i ever witnessed on the market.

Weak points :
    _ AI certainly to be improved and included in dedicated servers along with championships
    _ Basic simulation features still needed. (Laptimes, splits, flag systems, telemetry, entering pits must NOT be automatic, proper cars setups)
    _ Tracks amount to be increased
    _ Still a little bit too much forgiving ( grip, tires model, and physics of the cars to be tweeked just a little bit more towards simulation)
    _Multiplayer is basic/casual
    _ Still too much gamey and not simulation oriented as i'd like, mainly for some of the reasons above

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Wow you bring up some good Pros. Of course the sound is awesome, and that really makes a big difference to overall experience, but you pointed out something I felt but never really realized. The feeling of speed even with the perfect "in the car" view. Especially now with a proper cockpit setup, I have noticed this without really knowing what it was. Nice catch.

Con: Lack of proper communication with other drivers outside of race.

While i do want some more features in MP, I do like the fact it's easy to drop in on a good race in R3E, so that's partly a pro. As long as they don't make it to where i'm sitting around all the time waiting to race, i'll be happy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ClayytonBR

ClayytonBR New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I know, right! I´ve always tried to mount my G27 in a position that I could feel as if I were really inside the cockpit and, honestly, only with R3E I could do that. Project Cars, for example, the FOV gets too low and you totally loose the feeling of speed. Assetto is a little better but nothing compares to R3E. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    ^^^ Yup @ClayytonBR , 100% exact same experience here as well.

7. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Interpreting that: it would be great if R3E's multiplayer "lobby" and the whole account, friend and whatnot system would actually allow for better organized races, communities, groups... It seems strange we have many "ingredients" with statistics, subscribing to groups, having friends, but the greater purpose/opportunity to be truly useful is missing.

@Don Rudi sums it up for me as well :) Personally night and rain have zero priority to me (guess it rains too much here for real hehe), the other stuff would add much more to the average race and is still possible with the engine they have.

Though maybe would add the "buying" system under "weak" however, it still confuses too many people. Not sure what the answer is, the packs are already a great improvement over past.

• Agree Agree x 3