Detailed Timing Info

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tom Shane, May 10, 2016.

1. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I'd like to ask if there are plans on adding more information to the HUD. I'll be honest here, currently, the AI is kinda "difficult" to have a good race with (no need to discuss it here, take it as an opinion), so I spend a lot of time in competitions.

In this mode I really miss some timing info like list of previous lap times, optimal best and current delta to the previous/best/optimal lap (selectable). Also delta bar would be awesome.

With all of this, there is one another wish - movable HUD widgets. With my setup, I can't see some of the current info at the bottom of the screen, so I would welcome if it could be moved to for me better spot.

At the end, I'm aware of the 3rd party applications that run on the second monitor or a mobile device, but currently this is not an option for me.

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Great idea. Especially in the Leaderboardchallenge when driving older cars without modern data displays I miss these timing infos. In pCars one could always see at any part of the track, of one was faster or slower than the personal best lap. On the Fabcar 935 for instance, there is just a short pop up in the upper right corner of the screen. On tracks like Salzburg, where the sector ends right before the s-curve, I simply do not have the time to look up there.

3. seufmeister

seufmeister Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I would really appreciate if there was an integrated changeable HUD. Third party apps are good but often to complicated.

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    I am. I haven't tried it, since I supposed to be able to use it as an overlay, I have to run the game in (borderless) windowed mode, not genuine full-screen, which causes performance problems for me. Or isn't it the case?

6. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Afaik you have to set the game to windowed, yes.
    But how is that giving you performance problems? Usually people report issues in fullscreen which then are cured by setting it to windowed.

I guess you could give it a try and see how it works, no other short term sollution at hand atm.

7. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    I personally do not like the windowed widgets I made as its not very user friendly to use them plus having to force the game to windowed is not good either as like you said some performance could be lost.

Then there are also the DirectX widgets which are much cooler but unfortunately limited to what they can do and it KILLS your FPS.

The solution here is either Sector 3 creates all these cool widgets themselves or make it possible for 3rd party devs to make these widgets that can be plugged into the game without any FPS performance or using windowed mode.

I would love to have something like the MP Spectator Web Overlay they did where instead we can make the ingame HUDS we want.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  8. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Widget can be used on a second screen not having to put the game in windowed mode.
    Works great .. but yeah, need a second screen (but any little screen will make it, even an old 15" :p )

9. Tom Shane

Tom Shane Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Windowed mode is bound to some performance loss, because it doesn't run in D3D exclusive mode. So if you are running big grids on high graphics settings the last thing you want is lesser performance.

The cases when windowed gives better performance for some people are only if there are problems with their systems (OS, drivers, etc.) On a normally running system, windowed mode never outperforms the fullscreen.

10. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well you were talking about performance problems, which sounded like there's sth going wrong, micro stutters or such. That's why I asked about the nature of the problems. Losing fps in windowed is not a performance problem, it's a simple reality. ;)

And then there's a number of AMD CPU users who report the game running smoother in windowed mode (not only in RR)...but that's a whole different discussion.

• Agree Agree x 1