What about IRL?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jsood 2, May 10, 2016.

1. Jsood 2

Jsood 2 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I like the European based content but I think it's time for some more American racing content. What about a leauge like IRL Verizon IndyCar series 2016 or 2017. No developer have made that leauge justice.

• Like Like x 2
  2. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Would love to see Indycars, but really I'd mostly want the new bodykits (They debuted in 2014) and it seems, considering the massive number of titles that have the DW12 but not further, that it's likely difficult to get the newer ones. However, with the increased number of open wheel cars you never know :)

3. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    That'd call for an "Experience pack" including rule set and tracks :)

4. Jsood 2

Jsood 2 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    That's what I ment. :)

5. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    That'd certainly attract a bunch of new players from North America, which is good for the game and thus good for all of us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    You know what?I would prefer some NASCAR content and then Indycar ...

7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    So if we (UK) vote out of Europe next month then that will mean the UK has only 20% of one track and the Radical, Mclaren with a questionable Bentley marques, yet there is what 4 US tracks and a bunch of US cars, fancy we'll be taking the next quota, Jeez even the outback has a fair few miles of Tarmac, so come on S3, don't do a Tony Blair and kiss ass just to line one's pockets, go to the home of motorsport and lay on us Brits some Donnington Park, Full Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Oulten Park.............................. Could go on and on, there is also the Caterham, Mini, Lotus, Brabham, UK Fords............... again, list is endless!
    So S3 don't forget us Island Monkeys!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. SickwititHD

SickwititHD Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Cars are great needs more North American tracks (all countries could say the same)... Road Atlanta, Daytona Road, Road America, and Circuit of the Americas....
    Id also like Donnington Park, Full Brans Hatch, Silverston... and you got to have Sarthe!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    So here lays the question.What happened to the planned Silverstone? It's nearly two years since it was previewed and we haven't got any news.It's a Silverstonexit...

10. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I love Oulton Park, but what racing series would you suggest for that track? And pleeeease don't flood R3E with all that trackday cr.. err stuff like pCars. This shall stay a racing sim :)
    I see it this way - while I don't like IRL (the ugliest open wheelers, only beaten by Formula E), such a pack would generate sales and thus funds to enable S3 to develop some more European marvels for us (like my beloved Pulton Park).

11. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    UK they should start with giving us the rest of Brands, but yes please Oulton. :)

Really dig the new GTO's some more tracks to race them on like the ones mentioned above ( lacking Watkins though I just noticed ) would be nice.

12. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    There's hundreds of racing series held every weekend in Blighty but off the top of my head BTCC would be a start but as a personal preference I would like to see more historical cars to run round these historical tracks, G5, GTO, DTM92 and Classics are imho the best fun to drive, whoops and the NSU, small and nearly forgotten but yet another gem. Being historical then surely licensing is easier (and cheaper) a quick squirt of WD40 all over the place to add to the immersion, happy days! :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Silverstone has just been sold so don't know if there are licensing issues or maybe since the laser scanned Nords was released it's been decided all new tracks need to be up to the same standard, definitely have the feeling that whenever the Silverstone question is asked JF side steps an answer so beginning to think it's a non starter!

14. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't agree more on your choice of cars. But so far the nice thing in Raceroom is, that they offer a realistic track/car combo and not just random cars and random tracks like other devs. And from the cars we have right now, I do not see a realistic option for Oulton Parc. Except maybe the FJR and upcoming FR4?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I would love to see more brit tracks, and of course some form of Ginetta series in R3E.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
  17. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Although S3 seem to be dropping Experiences now :-(

18. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Here's hoping that means rulesets etc. are being baked into the standard R3E and not dropped. The custom championship feature is already pretty awesome, and could probably be expanded further upon to cater to different series etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. nasportscar

nasportscar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    An INDYCAR/CART pack from the late 90s or early 2000s would be ideal IMO

• Like Like x 1
  20. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Topic starts about the potential to add Indycars to Raceroom, quickly devolves into "Here's a completely unrelated complaint that's been stated in tons of other topics but I'll re-iterate it here even though it has nothing to do with the thread."

No, I'm not tired of reading that crap everywhere, why would you possibly think that? :rolleyes: