telemetry apps

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by spankthemunkey1, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Gareth Smith

Gareth Smith Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I emailed Fabrice a couple of months back too asking for the same and some other adjustments. He said the same thing then lol

2. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    The more ask for this features the better... perhaps they move up in the priority list...:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Is there something comparable to vrHive for Project Cars for Raceroom? I don't need a virtual dash, but vrHive has an excellent telemetry part that is a great help for optimizing setups and laptimes.

• Like Like x 2
  4. rbn

rbn Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    That is one thing I really miss, a real telemetry app. Like vrHive or Profiler for Pcars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Only a few topics down
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/telemetry-and-shared-memory-tools.2316

It's still a bit rough, mostly I lack time to push it further. Open-source for good reason ;)
    I don't mind doing the tech bits, but what is most needed is someone helping coding the ui/workflow...

It would not be hard for those other profilers to add support for more games. Unfortunately at least two authors wanted to be pcars exclusive, for some wicked reason they feel like they must not support others (my ask was plugin support, not them doing all the work). Have you tried asking the vrHive guy?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
  6. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I just tried to find an email address on his website, but either I am blind or there is none. In the settings options there is also a greyed out Assetto Corsa visible, so I guess he is not one of the "pCars only" guys.

What I really like about vrHive are the data plots and the possibility to import/export laps, so you can directly compare them with a friend.
    Telemetry.jpg

7. Vojvoda

Vojvoda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Telemetry plots its available with Mizzi's Dashboard plus Atlas Express.
    tapatalk_1462786218280.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the hint, I'll give it a try.

9. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    But Atlas Express is only for registered iRacing members ? Maybe its possible to use Motec i2Pro instead Atlas ?

10. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    I've tried to support Motec but then I ran into licencing issues as the file needs to be dencrypted /encrypted etc

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Hi there, I'm also looking for a telemetry tool for raceroom. I'm not looking for a app for a tablet or smartphone but or a software to analyze my lap times PC. Does someone has any news about that? Thx

12. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I just bought 3 month subscription for iRacing. Then you can not only play iRacing, but download AtlasExpress (work with R3E) and WheelCheck (you can use it to set FFB, for ex. to find value of Minimum Force for you steering wheel and use it in any sim).
    Can't remember exactly thread on the Steam, but you can find promocode and have 3 month subscription for 5$ (can use it in iRacing only once, because it only for new members) instead ~8-9$ for one month

• Like Like x 1
  13. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I must be doing something wrong. I've got it connected to our wifi like the (limited) instructions says to do. But it's not working. the program says it's a compatible device. I even tried connecting it directly to my computer. Still nothing. whatr am I missing? any help wuold be very much appreciated:cool:

14. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, but it was a really long time since I used this app.