Released Tatuus F.4

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Cheers Christian, and no worries, was getting late and I was in a grumpy mood. Enjoy your new ride lads.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Why don't you open a seperate thread for the topic? The request you have is legit and with a dedicated thread maybe more users will join in.
    I for one would love to see correct shiftlights (generally speaking). Some cars, like the Corvette C7 have pretty unique layouts and I would like to see stuff like that replicated correctly. I have too little knowledge when it comes to LCD displays as such though.

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Because the wheels sit so close to the body and there's that bottom panel to fill the gap between the wheels, which results in the contact shadow covering the wheels too.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. T@X

T@X Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
  5. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0
    • Like x 9
    • Wonderful x 6
    • Love it! x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  6. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Oh, very interesting music in the trailer. This style of music is not really my thing, but in this case it's great.

7. SZELLJR

SZELLJR New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    UGHH ,i try this new car ,very ,very like" not have vrp now ,but 100% i will buy this car (mod heheheh)i like very much....

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Just did 20 laps in it at Nürburgring, and then another 15 at Monza.

I liked the Formula Raceroom very much and said that it met what I always wanted a simulated Formula-High :) car to feel like, and I still like it very much. And the Formula Junior I liked even more, I am still enthusiastic about it. But I admit the Tatuus now - well, imo it does not catch up with these two. It is too easy, too stable, and the driving experience offers nothing special that sets it apart. Yes, it snaps back a bit into grip when you lost grip and manage to catch the car before it spins, yes it is vulnerable to spinning if kicking the gas pedal too much in a rush while at slow speed and turning, but keeping control is quite easily done and feels lifeless, somehow. I do not know how to exactly describe it, but the car left me with a "well, its okay"-kind of feeling, but nothing more, so I was left relatively unimpressed. So: a car with no obvious weak sides or yelling weaknesses, no, it is solid - but there also is nothing i see that sets it apart or would enable it to overtake the Junior/Ford or Raceroom/Renault formula cars. I will drive the latter two a lot, but if wanting to drive a Tatuus, I go to Assetto Corsa, which imo has the far better driving feeling provided by its FA01 Tatuus, it is more alive and more challenging to drive, easier to lose grip and spinning, and generally more challenging and thus more rewarding to drive.

However, the Tatuus in Raceroom provided me with a loud Aha!-experience in the very beginning: and that were once again the sounds (what else...:D ) When still sitting in the box and the AI cars started to woosh by and went out on track, the sound and noise was AWESOME. Beats other sims once again hands down. Own car was fine and not that stunning anymore, but exterior sounds are once again exceptional. I'm really wondering what does Sector3's sound guru know that his colleagues in other studios do not know...? His accustic mojo simply has plenty of hot spice. Chapeau to you, sir!

An okay car that is very easy to control, but offers no speciality that puts it apart. No loss if buying it, but definitely no must-have, imo. If you want a formula car in Raceroom and it is your first formula car to get, the Junior or FR maybe serve the task better. The other two formula cars and especially the Junior car could hold their ground against AC, I like the Junior class even better than most of AC's formula cars on offer - but AC's Tatuus imo is offering clearly more than Raceroom's Tatuus.

(I directly drove a few laps in the Tatuus of AC at Nürburgring and Monza after trying the Raceroom release, to compare more directly and refresh memory.)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    I still have to wait a few hours till I can try it, so just one short question - did you test the Tatuus with the default setup or with a custom setup? Reason I ask are the Group5 physics. I was equally disappointed by the easy driveability at first. But when pushing the cars to the limit with new setups, they turned into real beasts again. Maybe that's the case here as well?

10. Bottroper

Bottroper Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    had to google this one .. damn you, internet!

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    When comparing ,I always use the distributors' equipped default setups which are usually optimised to suit the needs of a majority of ordinary players. At best i then just vary the tyres/tyre pressure. I know what you mean, however.

I blitzed by all the AI cars at skill setting 120, however, especially at Nürburgring and on the straights at Monza. In SP at least , there would be no point to make the player's car even faster! Only to overtake the AI even faster?

But take the first chicane at Monza after the pitlanes, the right-left. Its easy to take it quite fast in Raceroom, and even easier in its Tatuus - in AC, it is a serious threat, and very easy to mess it up cmpletely. Or the Mercedes turns at Nürburgring early after the pitlane - a tricky and treacherous twist-and-turn that can easily be underestimated and lures the driver into believing that he can take it faster than possible - in AC, it is a trap, you really need to be on your guard there, else you spin out all too easily. In Raceroom it is a highspeed event to race through, almost, and even easier to do in the Tatuus. We really hit the differences in the physics models of both sims here, seeing that Raceroom's physics are somewhat simplier, less complex, than Assetto's. Nothing wrong in that, I like both ways, else I would not be here. But if the cars in Raceroom become to easy - or better - too forgiving - to drive, it all becomes too simplistic. And that is the case with the Tatuus, imo. The Formula Junior cars offer more challenge in Raceroom, for example, although they too face the simplier track physics.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
  12. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Skybird comparing against AC: check

• Funny Funny x 6
  13. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for clarifying, @Skybird - can't wait to try them myself now :)

14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    When tracks and cars are shared, comparing is only natural. ;) And often the comparison ended to the advantage of RR. Sometimes you catch the bear - and sometimes the bear catches you. :) This time I think its the bear grinning.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    IMO the biggest strength of this car will be the close racing, off- and online.

With quick cars such as the Formula RR 2, gaps between cars build up rather quickly,
    but in slower classes like the F4, the racing usually provides much closer fights between cars.

I'm really looking forward to race the F4 online :)

• Agree Agree x 13
  16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Yes, thats what I think, too. I see that happening with the Audi TT cars used by the AI, on twisted, slower tracks. Also the FR cars. Nice dogfighting.

17. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    AC's Tatuus has more powerful engine (198hp vs 160hp) and wieghts less (450kg vs 570kg)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I'm so sorry dude. =)

• Like Like x 1
  19. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0 / -0