Suggestion: fix the webshop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skybird, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I took the freedom to beat the advertising drum a bit for R3E in other forums (amongst them AC forum :D ), and repeatedly got mail or saw reference to the misfunctioning shop module accessible from within the game (not externally via your ordinary browser).

It took myself quite some time to google and learn how I could buy stuff in the game. That i need to use Steam wallet (another unknown to me so far). That I should not use the ingame module, but enter the shop externally via my manually launched browser. That vRP have been abandoned as a currency.

Let me tell you, sector-.3, that there are quite some people out there who are scared away by this. Not only is your sim more costly than others after just some transactions, but you send new players into a labyrinth instead of making them feel welcomed, appreciated customers.

That is no clever business policy. Draw your conclusions. And consider to reset your priorities slightly. This issue should be adressed immediately, in your very own financial interest. Because it makes you constantly loose potentially interested customers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    It's still a convoluted and often confusing process.

4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Can you explain further please? You should be able to purchase from inside the game. Maybe you have "Community overlays" disabled in your steam client?

There's no reason you should have to exit the game in order to perform a purchase.

If you see something you fancy inside the game menus, clicking it should start a transaction process and you should see a Steam overlay where Steam takes care of the transaction.

If you don't see that overlay, maybe it's disabled in your steam client preferences?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I first tried to buy Mid-Ohio, from the webshop that I entered via the ingame menu.

I could choose the item, and advance as far as to the final transaction got described, so the item was in the shopping chart, and I waited to have the transaction completed. But I waited forever, in vein.

I then started to search ion the forum of Steam. There I learned that I was not alone with this issue, and that the vRP currency did not work for quite some people, and that something had been changed in that system early this year, so it was said. The advise was to enter the webshop not via the game, but by manual adr4ess entry in separately launched browser.

I did that. I entered the game account, I had to verify my steam account twice, I got the transaction done - and I had to manually enter the track into my basket again.

After the transaction got completed, I checked the ingame access to the webshop once again. The track was marked as being owned, however, later experiments showed that there is a difference between entering the webshop from within the game, and from the browser (externally, manually): items added or deleted to the buying list in the one access method, were not carried over when accessing via the other method and checking the list. I added items in the one access method: and did not find them on the list when accessing my game account via the othr access method, and vice versa.

Steam forums said that the proper way is to always enter via the web browser, manually, after having loaded up Steam Wallet. Never to use the ingame shop access.

I just tested it, it still does not work for me from ingame. I can manipulate the buying list, but get no transaction completed. The items added from within the game, are not present when I access the account from externally using the manually launched web browser of mine (FF).

That is as much as I can say on that. And it seems that quite some people make the same experience. And it keeps /drives people away. ;)

I have now bought stuff worth short of 90 Euros. All those transaction were done via manually entering my game account from the separately launched browser, not by using the ingame webshop access. Both sites look identical, but the one works, the other does not. The Steam overlay you mention in the last paragraph of yours, shows up only via browser access, never via ingame access.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Thats really weird cause I spontaneously decided to buy a new livery just recently (ingame) when entering an MP -Session : It worked without any delay/issue....??
    Surely something to be investigated....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm the problem @Skybird has, I had to do exactly the same as he did when I bought the ADAC GT Masters 2013 Experience in late February.
    All Steam overlays are enabled just confirmation never happened.

Can provide more details if specified.