FFB Guide

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KW Studios, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    @Georg Ortner any modifications in the ffb file?
    I'm pretty happy with my current G27 settings, but will definitely try yours ASAP :)
    Thanks!

2. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Sector3..., can give explanations on how to adjust the parameters of the rotating wheel, some members of settling on 540 °, but with the wheel that supports 900 ° why not settle on that value ??
    that advise you ??
    I do not understand too !!!
    thank you in advance :)

3. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    The wheel rotation depends on the car you´re driving. Just like in real life ;)

Most GT & Touring Cars are set to use 540 degrees with a Steering lock of 23.
    The DTM 92 & Touring Classics for example use 900 degrees with 30 lock.

The game is changing that automatically for you, so in theory you never have to deal with it.
    But you can of course change it if you have a preferred setting.

4. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After much length of trying to find the spot where im happy with the FFB across all drives of car. Ive come up with this. This may go against the recommended settings of S3 above, but for me on a t300 GTE it works best (well best I can get anyway)

The RRE FFB settings.
    My wheels set to 100% in TM profiler.

[​IMG]

as always s3 keep up the great work!

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  5. Seb S15

Seb S15 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Hi Georg,
    thank you for the quick response and explanation :)
    I understand that the game automatically takes care to manage this, but it is possible for me to change it to my preference, super

see you soon and thank you for this great work all team Sector3 !!! ;)

6. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    im set to 900 in both the profiler & game (g27) but the ingame wheel looks like it turns at exactly 2x real life...what am i missing?

edit -- adac gt3 2014, have not tried other classes yet

edit2 -- saw someone earlier mention lock set @ 13 & deg of rotation being "n/a", i didnt see options for lock at all & rotation was smth like 90 to 1080

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  7. Georg Ortner

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    You can adjust how much the in-game wheel turns by going to vehicle settings.
    More on that in the FAQ´s

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jo Ré Ta Po

Jo Ré Ta Po Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    What's your Steering Sensitivity (Options > Control Settings > Advanced Settings) ?

Depending on cars, 50-70% matches the virtual wheel, while 100% is too much (at least for me). Besides, Georg's G27 profile uses 50% Steering Sensitivity.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Georg Ortner

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Steering Sensitivity is set to be linear by default (50%).
    I would not recommend changing it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Hi

Anyone with a Fanatec CSW V2 to share some settings ?

This is the best I get after many tries:

On-wheel settings
    SEN XX (see below) / FF 100 / SH 100 / ABS 95 / LIN OFF / DEA OFF / DRI OFF or 1 / FF 100 / SPR OFF / DRP OFF

In game settings
    FFB Intensity : 60
    Smoothing: 0
    Steering Force Intensity: 100
    Understeer: 100
    Vertical Load: 100
    Lateral Force: 100
    Steering Rack: 0
    Engine Vibrations: 15
    Brake Vibrations: 20
    Kerb Vibrations: 20
    Shift Effect: 20

The wheel feel very good, but I have many wheel movement on the road bumps. I have to hang hard the wheel on the more bumpy tracks (Zandvoort etc)
    I can't use a high Vertical load settings, the wheel start to go left to right by itself on the straight with a vertical load >200

As the game doesn't recognize the wheel we have an issue with automatic wheel range. We need to set the SEN settings in regard of the car to drive (540 for GT, etc), and manually set the wheel Steering lock in car settings.
    I hope the next update/hotfixe will provide a full support for the CSW V2 base

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    thanks, iirc i turned all the sliders to 0 (poss. 100 for sensitivty) thinking they were for gamepads or something. im sure this is the issue :)

12. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    my wheel is still off...its not exactly 50% of what the ingame wheel is doing, but its significant, for example i turn the ingame wheel 360 deg so its properly aligned again, but my wheel is not even at 3/4s turned...are there other settings that effect this? i put the sens @ 50...everything else steering related is zero.

13. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Did you have a look in the vehicle settings?

14. faro06

faro06 Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the feedback Sector3, really appreciated

15. MrBiscotte

MrBiscotte Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    I tested your settings and I find them very good. Thanks.
    You have managed to set the lateral forces without bad vibrations of the engine. I had not succeeded.
    Perhaps it lacks a bit of information in the steering wheel when there is a loss of grip.

16. Jo Ré Ta Po

Jo Ré Ta Po Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    As Georg said, 50% Steering Sensitivity is not "360° on real wheel = 180° on ingame wheel (or vice-versa :p)". It should be "linear", and both wheels should have approximately the same angle.

BUT at 50% there's still a slight difference between the two steering wheels, which I believe only has a psychological impact and you should be fine with that setting (I admit, I tried 60% on some cars because it matched wheel rotations better and found I did better, but I highly suspect it's in my head ...) :p

17. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    What's your speed sensitivity setting? (Advanced settings menu)
    Try to set "Speed Sensitive Steering" to 0 and then check if your your wheel matches with the virtual one.

18. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    You can only match with 50% sensitivity and the same rotation in the vehicle settings/car setup

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    It should be nice to have a FFB topic per wheel where to put FFB profile or settings, no?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    im a little confused by this, in game & out of game i set rotation @ 900 & am under the impression the game auto-sets steering lock & degrees of rotation.

so my settings should essentially be, 900 - 900- 50% (out of game - in game - steering sens), correct? i believe the other steering sliders are at zero.

it wasnt a matter of it being slightly off, its very noticeably off in a way i havent seen before unless somethings gone wrong for me...i cant check again rn but will this afternoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.