Resolved "Ping 0" issue in multiplayer, invisible cars

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Nov 3, 2015.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what a CPL box is but sounds like you are on to something to me.....eliminating variables (like wifi and this box) can only get you closer to the problem (even if purely software issue).

2. chrisnj

chrisnj Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    We run a league (ESR) and had this issue recently. Caused us to have to re run 2 races of the season. We successfully ran last Saturday the two races at Zolder and Bathurst respectively. I had the exact 0 ping issue in the race at zolder and had to drop out. Only one other guy had the issue, everyone else fine. Race two went great for all as far as we could tell.

Hope you get this resolved for yourself and S3 for everyone else.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    With me only some servers have a 0-Ping - so of course I'm going to the other ... But often then comes a 12007 error and I have to restart R3E, but then also these servers have a 0-Ping. :(
    Hopefully you guys still working on the problem ... :cool:

4. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    S3 ... don't forget to fix the ping 0

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you should create a seperate thread for that amazing video, I don't think posting it four times is enough.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    sure ? that's video promotion !

7. Andrew Waring

Andrew Waring Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    THIS IS STILL A ISSUE IF anyone cares

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Waring, Carter and I had this problem today in the preparation for the TCOne event. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible, it is 100% a game issue because none of us have problems on other games. And I think it will not look good on the broadcast for the official race...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Yes. This should have been top priority since the first reports, but incredibly it's getting worse and worse.

Yes and from what I can tell it's totally random.
    We've now decided to run a short Cup (4 events only) before the summer break cause I (we) had seriously enough of:
    • random disconnections,
    • "earthquake" bugs,
    • magnetic glitches,
    • warping cars,
    • invisible cars,
    • teleporting cars (you're ahead and no, you're not anymore! you're now 5th cause I'm the dedi server and I decide where you should be),
    • crazy engines blowing up all of a sudden,
    • totally wrong "best lap times" during the race and .json files full of nonsense data
    • [insert other crazy bugs here]
    Yes. It won't look good at all. I had to remove the videos where the broadcast failed cause of that reason and I do seriously hope that you won't get any of this in your OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP

What other car(s) are you planning to release now S3?
    Don't you think that maybe it's about time you stop that and focus instead on these SERIOUS problems?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  10. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Maybe a fifth is needed

11. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0

12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    So the honey badger supports cross posting?
    ...and thinks that car artists can do anything about network problems?

13. Andrew Waring

Andrew Waring Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    wouldnt have to post it this many times if someone could actually fix, what seems to be the biggest issue in RR.

14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Posting the same message in four different threads at the same time won't speed up anything and is generally undesirable behaviour.

15. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Is S3 made only of car artists? Are they taking all the decisions?
    Releasing a car doesn't mean getting licensing/modeling/creating the liveries/creating physic/creating AI paths on different tracks/balancing with other cars/testing?
    Isn't this time and effort impacting the progression in other areas? Following your reasoning it shouldn't but weirdly it does cause the same bugs keep repeating over and over again and new ones are introduced and the overall MP experience is getting worse.
    So what's the point of releasing new material if you can't use it cause of a bugged system?

16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Idk, annoying people deliberately maybe? :p

I'm not trying to stir up anybodys anger, I know it's annoying and I agree it has been for too long.
    Yes it does, but all this is not done by the people working on the mp code.
    All I can tell you is that mp and those issues are being worked on and the reason new issues arise is (partly) connected to new stuff being introduced in mp. Other things cropped back up after they seemingly had been fixed already.

Just saying it's not like there's no improvements in that department, join lag was a huge nuisance and has finally been dealt with f.e.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Thank Christian for the update
    I'm sure that TCOne Champ coming up will spur them quite a bit and that would really be the right kick in the right direction.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yea, it's not ideal that things have to be handled like they are, things being postponed cause more urgent demands arise.
    And I have total understanding for your guys feeling that what's vital to you isn't treated as immediately as it should/could.
    And I encourage everyone to report their findings, giving as many details as possible to help tracking things down.
    It's just a little useless to spam the forum with a post/vid that doesn't really aid the cause. The devs have been made aware of the issues, also thanks to you guys and your patient support by submitting useful bug reports.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: May 18, 2016
  19. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    so be it !

20. AriBo

AriBo Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    right, but as no one answers, i supposed that no one handle this ... silence is a bad answer i mean.