WTCC BMW

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shardshunt, Apr 2, 2015.

1. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I have noticed when running WTCC races in mp that it is rare for the BMW to be up the front so i looked at the leader boards and on tracks were a decent number of people have completed fast laps that indeed the first bmw is normally at least a second slower than the fwd cars. eg Monza, Zolder, Hockenheim, Hungaroring.
    the outlier i found is a developer on zandvoort set the fastest lap but other than him the rule is still applicable to that track. i feel it may be a problem with the default setup as on Sonoma raceway the bmw's do well (although they outnumber the other makes 3-1).

2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Yeah it does lack a bit of power, I wish I had s good setup cause so far it's the Wtcc That I prefer to drive.

If I can't find a good setup I might have to go back to the boring civic

3. nickfox2003

nickfox2003 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Yes the BMW is slow but if you look at the WTCC for the last few year BMW have been at the back can't keep up with FWD cars and i think this is why i see NO BMW's in this years 2015 WTCC.

4. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Well by 2013 it was run by smaller teams and I would guess development wasn't nearly as good as the other works teams.
    In reality, they were only good in the reverse grid races and after the FWD's burn through their front tires on the more tire demanding tracks. I don't know if this happens in R3E because all of the MP WTCC servers have tire wear off IIRC.

5. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    The reason why there are no BMWs in WTCC this year is that since 2014 WTCC is using completely revised regulations and nobody built a BMW that suits these regulations - neither BMW nor some privateer. Last year the old cars were still allowed to drive in their own class which is the reason why there were still BMWs in the races. But due to the fact that the new cars are several seconds faster per lap compared to the old ones, the few old cars that remained were driving quite far behind the main field. This year the old cars are not allowed anymore.

But BMWs decline in WTCC was sealed already in 2011 when BMW stopped its official effort in WTCC. Development on the cars was nearly stopped so that the private teams that were still using BMWs fell more and more behind the other cars, especially Chevrolet, performance-wise.

• Informative Informative x 3