Wheel + Hands animation update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skswat, May 23, 2016.

1. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    I quite miss animation in cockpit when I have wheel and hands enabled, to be synchronized with my real wheel.
    Now in cockpit there is only 90° rotation when hands are ON. Its a bit confusing.
    Any fix in future?

2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    there is already for some cars. The newer cars like the Audi TT-Cup or the Forumla-Cars have 180° rotation to each side.

3. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Wheel synchronization I consider to be a construction site still. We should only need to tell the game what rotation our hardware is capable of (900, 1080), and the rest should be done by the game itself. I still cannot figure or keep memory of how to set what values in the pit menu to get what kind of wheel animation or synchronization. I have stopped fiddling around with those values, I was left too confused whenever I tried something there.

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, even this is already done...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    Set the Wheel & Driver Setting to "match setup" in Vehicle Options, so it matches your steering input.

The latest cars include the new driver model, which has a 360 degree steering animation, as where the old model only turns 180 degrees, but still matches your input if setup like mentioned above.

6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, simply turn of that virtual wheel (except for cars who have the dash integrated), makes no sense anyway if you use your own. For gamepad users I can understand they like to have a virtual one (gives a realistic impression at least) but with a good wheel I really don't see the point.
    With AC I find the hands & wheel mumbojumbo almost ridiculous...:)

7. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I keep switching back and forth as I can't decide whether to have virtual wheel or not. I think it helps in single screen to have it, what do you think?

8. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Maybe its not very important today, but I think when game will support VR, then you could miss this as you will not see your real wheel infront of you.
    And also without hand animation, it doesnt seem to me very "real" (from visual point of view).
    Now if you want match animation with your wheel, you are limited by specific car. If you set more degrees, wheel in cockpit will just stop at his maximum point. Even if you turn your wheel more. (I am talking just about animation. I know car will steer more.)

9. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    When i was using a single screen I still preferred having the wheel off. I think at the end of the day it depends on the view you are going for. For those that are trying to make it feel like their real seat and real wheel are part of the virtual world on the screen, it makes sense to me to turn off the wheel so that's what I do. If you have the camera further back in the car so the dash is further away I can see why folks would want it on.

Good point about VR

10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I have singlescreen and like I said I only turn the virtual wheel (only) on when the dash is part of the virtual wheel...(and for watching replays of course). Anyway my POV is the way I almost don't see it...I got used by it accidentally btw. cause back with GTR 2 it helped to increase FPS....liked it a lot and never returned to animated stuff back again ;)

VR, well never got into it, so yes, good point like Nino said...