Bug RRRE_Crash

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Yevgeny Lazorenko, Nov 22, 2015.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    And @Hannes Wallstedt

I guess I have something similar. On the second-last weekend I've made 2 MP-Races on the [RR] Nordschleife 24H-Server. As both races were really entertaining, I want to watch the replay. So after the first race I was loading the replay without any problem. After the second race I was loading the replay and got the crash.
    I restarted the game and then loaded the Replay without any problem.

Well OK - one problem I have still in the Replays: Not all cars are loaded in the beginning and so I need to forward and rewind the video a few times to get the full grid...

2. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Nordschleife is a very heavy track. If you're not already running with low graphical settings I would advise you to try lowering the following settings in the Custom section of the Video Settings:

• Track Texture Quality
      • Lowers the quality of the textures used on the track, for a big track like Nords this should lead to pretty big gains.
    • Track Level of Detail
      • Reduces amount of track side objects, lower detail versions of certain objects
    As you're using the Bentley, I am assuming the class that was being used on the server was the GTR3 class? Since this is the class with the highest number of cars this could also be heavy (Since each car model needs to be loaded into memory). For this I would recommend also lowering the following setting:

• Car Texture Quality
      • Lowers the quality of the textures used on cars.

3. KoshaPashkin

KoshaPashkin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0 / -0
    Yeap, only on Nords I use all low settings ;) It's not common problem, it crash first or second time, about 2 months. Maybe I not closed chrome with over9999 tabs :D

4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    1st crash in a while.

Attached Files:

5. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Looks like running out of memory. Nordschleife?

6. Marc Copa

Marc Copa Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    next crash, i pushed ESC in MP, after that the game crashed

Attached Files:

7. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Hi Hannes, not sure if your answer was directed at me or not, assuming it was, i can run 100 cars at Nords (yes it was Nords) with 23 visible @60fps apart from the start and first couple of turns which tend to be anywhere from 35 & 55fps but settles down quickly, this was loading an MP game which im sure, if memory serves me correctly, had a low number connected at the time. Was surprised as it was like i said the first crash ive had in a while that i remember.
    Specs, in sig, doubt it will help.
    0 background programs apart from Logi profiler and sound card control software (which is running but unused, depending on speaker config), im fairly competant with windows and disable most unused or uneeded services. May of had Firefox running in the background, I do like to minimise and browse.

Edit - Pointing out the 100 cars bit as you mentioned memory, they can load and run fine but loading a server with few cars on crashed.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  8. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    @Not Lifting Off What class are you typically using when you're doing your 100 car runs? Do you remember which class was on the multiplayer server you were trying to join?

@Marc Copa It looks like this crash originated in the Thrustmaster drivers/software. I'll send it on to one of our developers to see whether he can spot exactly what happened.

Edit: We can't really tell exactly what went wrong inside the Thrustmaster drivers unfortunately. It just fails when we're trying to reset the FFB. Check your drivers.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  9. Marc Copa

Marc Copa Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    ok, thx hannes, i will check my drivers for TM, maybe its an older version, i will see

10. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    GT3, did a few runs for the novelty factor when it was first released also do it occasionally to test system tweaks or oc settings.
    Adac 14+15+GT3

11. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I got two freezes. Each time when I was arriving at the menu of a MP race in Nordschleife, after the loading.
    One the last week (RaceDepartment server 29-05-16), the other today. First times I experimented this bug in the menu instead the loading.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  12. Charge

Charge New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Crash Dump.
    Got error with crash dump. Here is what was happening:
    • Rided few laps on Tatuus F4 Competition
    • Returned to Leaderboards, watched
    • Tryed select specific Country, it got long time to wait. Skipped with ESC.
    • Got back to Leaderboards with all Countries
    • Tryed to get back to Main menu, but got instead RaceRoom skin (background and button back) but with no info inside. Button Back, is as usual at bottom left
    • Pressed button Back, got freeze. CTRL+ALT+DEL got me to desktop, where i saw Red Error (didnt writed Code) and info where to get Crash Dump file from.
    Thanks for your time.

Attached Files:

13. Jos van den Broek

Jos van den Broek New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This overcame me today every time I tried to start up the game, it's by the way the first time I play this game.

Attached Files:

14. Ulrich Max

Ulrich Max New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Game crashes on Multiplayer Sessions 3 times today. Sessions wont change, sound is still on. Only way out is starting the comp again.

Attached Files:

15. Renato Santos - ASR

Renato Santos - ASR New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My game crash too, on the racing and change qualy to race.

16. Ulrich Max

Ulrich Max New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another one. Game crashes while loading.

Attached Files:

17. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    It looks like your graphics card does not support some hardware acceleration techniques that we use in our menus.
    There is an easy workaround for this problem. Just follow these steps:

• Right Click on the game in the steam library.
    • Click "properties."
    • Click "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..."
    • Enter -cefNoGPU -cefNoBlacklist in the text field. Make sure you type it exactly like this, including the dashes "-".
    • Click Ok.
    • Start the game.
    This will have disabled the hardware acceleration and should allow you to start the game without issue.

You're running out of memory while loading into a session.
    Please try the following:

• Track Texture Quality
      • Lowers the quality of the textures used on the track, for a big track like Nords this should lead to pretty big gains.
    • Track Level of Detail
      • Reduces amount of track side objects, lower detail versions of certain objects
    • Car Texture Quality
      • Lowers the quality of the textures used on cars.
    This will reduce the amount of memory the game is trying to use while loading.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hannes Wallstedt

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    @Tygor06 @jaydensimon22

Hello gents,

We have finally managed to find a possible fix for this issue. It has worked for all of the players who have tested it so far.
    The issue seems to be related to faulty compatibility settings being applied to the game after the upgrade to Windows 10.
    To solve this, please try the following:
    • Go to the game's installation folder. By default it should be the following: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game
    • Find the RRRE.exe file
    • Right-Click on it
    • In the menu that appears, click on "Troubleshoot compatibility"
    • A new window with a progress bar appears. When it is finished, click "Try recommended settings"
    • Click the "Test program" button
    • If the game works, click the "Next" button
    • On the final page, click "Save these settings for the program" and close the window once the changes are saved.
    The game should now hopefully work for you. Please let us know if it does, so we can get additional confirmation that this is the solution.

19. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I got a crash while watching a replay from a race against the AI.

DTM 2015 Experience Championship, Zandvoort... while cycling through the track cameras (with the "End" Key on the keyboard) the game crashes after the Helicam.

It's also strange that I cannot switch TV cameras with the on-screen button. It's only 1 and it doesn't change every lap. I always had the impression that Zandvoort has more than 1 TV camera set.

However, with the "End"-Key I can switch from TV to the Action camera (which looks like a second set of TV cameras) and Heli-Cam.. when I press "End" one more time the game crashes.

Attached Files:

20. Jazz Forsberg

Jazz Forsberg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Got several crashes since june 17th, mostly while loading. Error shown its 0xc00005 I think.

Attached Files: