Compatibility question about Fanatec Elite CSR Pedals and Raceroom

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Metalogic, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I'm trying to decide which wheel/pedal combo to buy to use with R3E, I'm likely to get the Thrustmaster TX wheel base and Leather 28 GT rim, but am looking into a number of different pedal options. One set of pedals that seems to be almost universally praised are the Fanatec CSR Elite pedals, sadly now discontinued, but in theory I could buy a second hand set and you can purchase replacement loadcell if that component is worn.

One question I have, though, is if I plug the CSR Elite pedals direct into my PC via USB, will Raceroom be able to cope with both the TX wheel and CSR pedals being connected, or does it have problems with multiple controllers being connected? I guess I could get round this using the Bashboards CPX adaptorhttp://www.basherboards.com/CPX which look like they allow you to connect the CSR Elite pedals to the Thrustmaster wheelbase instead, though think that would still require a USB connection to my PC for power.

Does anyone here have experience of using the CSR Elite pedals with a Thrustmaster wheel and Raceroom and are there any issues with this? Thanks

2. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    I've used a Logitech DFGT and Fanatecs CSP v2 in combination, before I switched completely to Fanatec. There was never any kind of problem with three controllers (Dont forget the keyboard) being connected. :)
    And I know a couple of guys, who use a TM300/500 and pedals from Fanatec, and none of them reported any problem ever. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Okay great, so I guess you'd only need the Bashboards CPX adaptor if wanting to use the wheel with a console (I don't have one currently), or a game that doesn't support multiple controllers?

4. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Cant help your here, mate, I dun own a console either. :)

5. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I've just won an auction (was the only bidder, in fact) for a used set of Fanatec CSR Elite pedals on eBay :)

I paid £80 for them, hope they're worth it!

[​IMG]

6. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW if they need a new load cell, it looks like Fanatec want to charge €17.12 shipping for it, eek! There seem to be cheaper copies available on eBay, but are they going to hold up as well?

7. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Just need to get a wheel now, LOL!

8. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Yah, Fanatec is pretty expensive. Needed a new RJ12-cable and the postal rate was .... not amusing.
    According to your signature, a bigger screen would be my first investment. :D

9. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I have used (had a small issue with Fanatec V2 base and was repaired) my Fanatc V3 pedals together with a loaned G27 wheel, both connected via USB. Worked, but boy, was I glad my V2 base returned after a couple of days...:rolleyes:

10. Pfalzdriver

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Understandable. :)
    Everything else is a childs toy afterwards. :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I might buy two load cells to save on postage for when the next one fails...

LOL! You're not wrong there... A external screen was originally the first thing on my list to get, but the CSR Elites seemed too good an opportunity to miss. Am procrastinating about which screen to get, though. 24" vs 27", 1080p vs 1440p, G-sync vs non-G-sync, IPS vs TN etc.... Currently considering a BenQ XL2430T - it doesn't support G-Sync, but then neither does my laptop's video-out, despite having an Nvidia 970M GPU... Or maybe the 27" model

12. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Or the IPS Acer XB270HU... this is why I haven't been able to decide yet!

13. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Theres no issue. I'm currently using my old CSR Elite pedals with my Accuforce while I await my HPP 2P-PRX-SE to be completed. As soon as the HPPs arrive I'll be selling my Elites and my old CSR wheel as well.

• Informative Informative x 1