Are you sure prompt before ending session

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mike Davies, Jun 10, 2016.

?

Would you like an "Are you sure?" prompt before ending the session?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Hello all, I was just wondering if any one else had this problem: while in single player I'll hit End Session instead of Car Setup and it puts me into race mode, so if I want to keep practicing/qualifying I have to exit out and re-enter into the race. Vote if you would like a prompt asking "Are you sure?" before actually switching to the next session. The devs are pretty good with this stuff, so if enough people want it they may implement it. If it's just me, I guess I have to be more careful :p

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    The worst thing is when this happens when in race session in a championship, you then get sent to the next track! Have happened to me more times than I want to admit.. :oops::D

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Its caught me out a few times too

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Can't say I've accidentally exited many events in R3E, though it has happened, but an 'are you sure' prompt for exiting a session is usually a nice little thing. There have been so many times I've accidentally exited in other titles, mainly that one that puts the exit button on the bottom left where I expect 'race' to be, so it never hurts to have confirmation :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Have the same issue when I am trying to test AI races in single player. Sometimes I'll try to go to the car setup to make sure it is default and WHOOPS! Accidentally click the "end session" button and it spits me back out to the main menu.

So, as you can imagine, that was a bit annoying for me, and I reported it to the devs a while back. So be assured it is on the wish list to improve ;)

Probably not high on the priority list, but it is at least reported.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Minor irritation compared to some issues.
    It may not be high on the prority list but is also something that could be completed in no time then removed from the list completely, its hardly a gamebreaker and almost impossible to introduce an issue for the end user. Already there for different screens adding a confirm to the most important part of the game, go on!

Theres lots you could say that about, like a pause after qually, a simple screen with a server set countdown timer, gives everyone a few seconds, im terrible for forgetting things pre start, fuel being an important one. It also gives a players system a little time to settle\calm down, sorry going off topic.

7. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely not funny. Had this 2 times in CS Mode. Grrrrrr

8. The Angry Hamster

The Angry Hamster Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    A pause after qualification is not an easy or quick implementation. They had it in for a short time period during one patch and it caused quite a few issues including lots of incorrect false starts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    No it's not, equally frustrating every time! :eek::mad:o_O:rolleyes: But that I keep skipping race sessions from time to time and never learn is.. :D
    Will have to blame the late hours, I assure you it's always on those bloody hours! ;)