Need advice with Fanatec CPS v3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jazz Forsberg, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Jazz Forsberg

Jazz Forsberg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,

Im struggling myself deciding if its worth upgrading from the Elite to the CSP pedals from Fanatec.
    I wonder if I will really notice an improve in the feeeling and the feedback in general over the Elites, or if its just "subtile".
    Sure they are beautiful and looks solid, but Im not sure if its price is worth the upgrade, so ill take any advice you throw at me.
    Other things that concern me are realibility (known flaws if any etc), difficulty to set the thing up, and regular maintenance.

Thanks

2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    I don't know the elite, but coming from csp v2 I can recommend them absolutely.

3. Nockitsch is back

Nockitsch is back Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec gonna scratch theire heads what's all about the sudden spike of V3 sellings after the patch :) if i had the money i would tottally buy them :)

4. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I have had G27's followed by T500RS and now the Fanatec V3's.
    Totally worth it, another level, especially the brake pedal (I have the extra damper installed).
    The rumble motors are no gimmick either. My buttkicker is RMA for the moment and the little rumblers can be felt troughout the whole rig (probably depending on the rig, since on my previous RaceRoom I could only feel them on the pedals, while on the Simetik K2, you can feel them all over, even the shifter vibrates slightly).
    My only whish, an even stronger spring on the clutch (while I have to admit that the actual spring - I have the included stronger spring installed) - feels like in a lot of real cars, but my own car has a stiffer clutch, so... :cool:
    Higly recommended !

5. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Well in this week's patch Sector 3 have announced:
    • We now also support Vibrations for the Fanatec V3 Pedals, which will work based on engine revs, brakes/ABS & Grip levels.
    So that's at least one improvement over the Elites, and the vibrations are already supported in some other sims, e.g. AC.. BTW I've just purchased a used set of CSR Elite pedals, but haven't received them yet, hope they're in good condition, they look great from all the reviews I've seen.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jazz Forsberg

Jazz Forsberg Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Elites are ok to me. I just expected a little more from them and this is why a take them over the v2 at the time.

I can't seem to feel as comfortable as I'd like with them, specially with the brake pedal (even if it has load cell too). So now im trying to decide if its worth going with the v3. I fear similar break feeling, which will be kinda disappointing to me..

Elites are fine enough, possibly its just me being too picky with that break pedal and its feedback.

Thanks everyone for the advices ;)

7. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Vibration in the brake pedal is something i associate with an damage on them or the wheels... ^^

I only need an loadcell to be happy... Don´t need CSP V3 :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Isn't it meant to be able to simulate ABS kicking in? That's potentially useful feedback I guess.

Just received my secondhand CSR Elite's today, but not able to try them out until Friday. From a visual inspection they look in great condition, though. look fantastic!

BTW how can I tell if the loadcell needs replacing? Are there any other parts that are prone to wear and may need replacing e.g. the foam insert in the brake pedal? Can you get replacements for small parts like this from Fanatec, if needed?

9. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    I don´t need feedback from the ABS ^^ I need feedback from the tires...

You need a new loadcell when the brake gets softer and softer... You need lees power to push the pedal... Thats what i had...

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
  10. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    There is more to the V3's than just the rumble motors...

Btw:
    """""Vibration Feedback pedals
    The new vibration motor on the gas pedal can be used by games to indicate if you lose grip and should power down. The second motor on the brake could warn you if you brake too hard and lock the tyres."""""

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  12. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Agree there.
    But did you compare price tags !?
    You (mostly) get what you pay for and for the price tag of the V3, it is the best available.
    Though I was fairly happy with my T500RS pedals (with Mr.Basher brake mod and some more customization), the V3 set made me faster, mainly because of the brake performance. I'm not the feathering kind of guy, I like to push real hard on the brake (like in a race car), but if you want a very light brake pedal, that can be done too in the settings.

13. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    150€ for the CSR Elite was a good price...

14. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I paid £80 secondhand (only way to buy them now)...

15. Fanapryde

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I meant the ones where your pants got wet...:D

16. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    I know...

17. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    I didn't buy V3 because of a nice vibrating foot massage. But you can adjust startingpoint of vibrating of the break pedal at a certain degree of application
    I'd get wet pants as well, then, when missus would see them and ask HOW MUCH!!!!:mad::mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Andy Kettler

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    Cheaper and saver than a race car :D