Resolved Increasing and stabilizing FPS in all the games (Windows 10 users)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Yevgeny Lazorenko, Jun 20, 2016.

1. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    If it is not installed, than just do nothing in that direction.
    That command is just helpful for those that have HPET installed and some problems with lagging that might be caused by that. They can try disabling HPET with that command and check if that lagging is gone.

BTW @Yevgeny Lazorenko is your problem with Nordschleife gone now? If I remember right, you had some problems with stuttering there?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    Completely smooth when I am solo there. My graphics settings "HIGH" MSAAx4, no FXAA.
    But when I am racing online some optimization still required for 24h layout only.
    All other layouts are perfect! When solo and when online.

I hope next patch will optimize 24h layout.

But still, with this command, I can get smooth experience when I am solo there and this is a huge improvement for me.
    Before it was stuttering all over the place.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I did some testing on nordscheilfe with ai. Initially my bios was showing it on but in windows it wasn't on. So I turned it on in the bios, and had to turn it on in windows because turning it on in the bios does not make it happen in windows ( I'm in windows 7 for this test ).
    So with it on everything seems pretty normal in running the steam fps counter on and it's all good.

Then I enter the command to turn it off and went to bios and turned it off and loaded the same race settings.
    Fps are pretty much identical but the overall feel was a bit smoother. Nothing major but worth making sure you have it off.
    After reading about it a bit more last night, it's clear that experience may vary depending on your hardware. If you go in there expecting something major like the two video I posted above you might be disappointed in the results.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2016