Problem Driver cuts track on last lap, Spa, but still wins.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Mike Davies, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Mike Davies

Mike Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I guess it's not a huge bug, but I always try and report what I see to help the game grow. Really it's not even a bug, but it would be nice if something was put into play to stop this from happening.

As you can see in the video @ 10:45 , C. Lungaard cuts the track the continues onward to block me and prevent me from crossing the finish line ahead of him. He would have received a slow-down penalty, but someone how managed to stay in front of me, block me and win the race. Maybe it could be changed so that if you cross the finish line and end the race with a slow-down penalty, you get DQd?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Do you remember which server, and whether cut penalties were actually enabled?
    But might be worth checking out what happens if the penalty is set to drive through. I thought that if you have an active penalty (f.e. drive through) which you don't serve (in this case due to the race being finished) you get dq'ed as you didn't serve the penalty.

3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    yeah - would be good to know which server it was and which Penalty-Set was set on it. It doesn't seem that he has got a Slow-Down, as he was still accelerating. If Drive-Through was enabled he would have got the penalty, as he wasn't able to serve it he would get a 30sec. penalty on his finish-time. Well and if penalty is disabled he can win the race after that maneuver...

4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    WOW - must be one of the most lame victories I ever saw. This guy should be heavily ashamed of himself... :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    And hey maybe he is, but with no post race time to chat or messaging, well never know.

I raced Spa yesterday, so my first thought was "uh oh I screwed up". Then I saw the poster and knew there no way I'd be in a position to pass him.

6. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I think you are right, if it's a drive through he gets DQ'd or added time at the end of the race. Im 99% sure it was slow-down penalties activated on this server, but maybe im wrong. super hard to tell.

I think maybe if sector3 adds a 5-10 second cut track penalty for that spot, it could help fix the issue.

7. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    That's a very sad victory.. I wouldn't be proud of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well with penalties enabled he would most probably have received a penalty, he gained a lot by that move. But if the penalties are turned off then that's just how it is, no penalties nowhere, everything else would defeat the whole idea. I mean without penalties there's no track where you can't steal time at some point by ignoring the limits.

9. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    he definitely did not revive a slow down u can tell by sound alone. so he should have been dq'd or penalty's just wern't on.

if they were on u would have gotten at least 2 seconds.

10. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Lame.

11. Caledonian Wolf

Caledonian Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Make him drive a McLaren.

12. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Wow thats a serious cut.

13. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    What I see:
    - A cheater cheating himself.
    - All drivers on the video running constanly 4 wheels out of the track and gaining advantatge, which should be penalised aswell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DriftMachine

DriftMachine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    I guess it's a struggle between the wrong and the wronger. Also are those rumble strips that wide in real life? If not It needs to be adjusted. I thought those were not wider than 2ft. most of the time.

Edit:
    see vid for comparisons.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  15. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I don't see how it's wrong if the game never told me a cut track penalty. Im not arguing between what's accurate to real life or not, I'm just going by the rules of the game, and I most definitely stayed within those rules. I do not believe I got a single cut-track notification during the whole race, and most "real-life" racing gives 3 strikes.

16. Xavier Eugeni

Xavier Eugeni New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @Mike
    I assume this was on a public server. Anyway the fact that the game does not warns you doesn't make right that kind of excursions, imho. I only race at race2play and this behaviour means a DQ if reported. So knowing that I'll put my effort on finding a setup that allows me to aplly full throttle keeping two wheels on track.
    BTW, you can start your carreer at r2p attending this one ;)
    http://www.race2play.com/schedule/show_event/21458

See you in track

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mike Davies

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
  18. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    VIP's dont receive penaltys by default.. ;)

Even worse he blocked after his cut to avoid the overtaking..
    What to say. Kick him out of RRRE for 4-6 weeks to give him a chance to take part in the developing of Mario Kart!

19. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    This...
    This is exactly the same, two wheels on the track at all times is typically the norm, saying the game didnt warn you or penalise you so therefore it is ok is no different from what the guy did to you, only problm with his was the blocking afterwards.
    Double standards, one rule for you and another for others, its a little hypocritical to complain of others doing the same as you do yourself whether it is to a lesser degree or not maybe open to interpretation, but four wheels off taking advantage of slack track penalties, no different.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. SumNoob

SumNoob New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I think the real problem is the game needs to adjust the track limits, and the width of the rumble strips to better reflect real life. everything appears gently widened.

• Agree Agree x 2