@Sector3: So what is coming next? How's the plan?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ernie, Jun 3, 2016.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    If the community would participate using this tool and give feedback here, we could go completely away from standard open server racing but that requires to act and think out of the usual box first ;)

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/justrace-alpha-is-now-online.6004/

2. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Long time we got no info from devs about news or planned things.

3. Jani1980

Jani1980 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Fuck of new Cars and Series. Fix the many fuck Bugs RR. But Money Money Money... thats all ..i.. :mad: ..i..

• Dislike Dislike x 11
  4. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE="[DS] Jani1980 [GER][/QUOTE]
    ... kannst ja bis dahin auch was Anderes fahren :cool: (iRacing, Bus, Bahn ... alles ganz preiswert!)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Jani1980

Jani1980 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    ... kannst ja bis dahin auch was Anderes fahren :cool: (iRacing, Bus, Bahn ... alles ganz preiswert!)[/QUOTE]

Nimm mal die rote Nase ab...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. William Wester

William Wester Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Hi

7. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    For my part, I look forward updating of September, we have not much information on future improvements.
    It would be interesting to have a planing with the new functions (management of car damage, penalties, flags, endurance race with 2 or 3 drivers per car) .....
    Would it be possible to do that, you serat it also possible not to answer "we're working on."
    I play a lot on this game, I enjoy myself even more with additional functions

8. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    You are quite an angry chap arent you... or this is what your post history demonstrates... :rolleyes:

Perhaps take a walk outside and get some fresh air... your psyche could probably use it.

That said, this should go without saying... When you buy a product, any product, you are buying it "as-is" without promise of improvement. You are paying money for the product as it is in its current state. Any future improvements to your own liking cannot be guaranteed or promised.

The developers here however, luckily arent like that. They do improve the game, and have done so for years now. Moving forward, there also seems to be lots of further improvements planned. Whether you will like them or not... well, Im sure you will find something to complain about, even if many other people like them ;)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. skswat

skswat Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    We would like to know some info about planned improvements :)
    For example about VR. :D

10. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    I am starting to think that Sector 3 needs a dedicated community manager.Someone to gather up users questions and pass them up to devs,give tactic behind the scenes updates ,bring back the streams etc...Maybe even some guys from the forum can do this kind of job..

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    This is precisely my argument when people get all bent out of shape about lack of brand new game engine In ATS and ETS2.

But that game is complete. In R3E we have a different scenario. The game is still in beta last I checked, and still has bugs to work out and missing some fairly standard racing features. I think a lot of us just want some core features added or completed, which I do not see as unreasonable.

It has been very quiet regarding the core game.....would love to think this means something useful is cooking up.

All that said, agree there's no need for anyone to be a dick about it!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    A new devstream could bring a lot of relaxation to this forum;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, there is lots the devs have said they want to implement... so having another dev stream would be nice. It has been quite a while hasnt it :p

I dont really think they need a community manager at all. The game and this forum is far too small for that. The devs read the forums here, where the most hardcore fans reside... They know the thoughts of the fans and what people would like to see added or changed. Trust me, they arent sitting on their hands ;)

Frankly, if there isnt much to talk about, what should the devs actually talk about then? If a feature is taking longer to implement than anticipated... what do you say? You just say you are still working on it, ya know? Same with bug fixing. Hardly glamorous, but the change logs take care of all the info that could be shared regarding that.

Also, the devs were on holiday recently, so work should be picking back up now, and there will probably be more to mention and talk about soon.

I dont disagree with you at all, and I know all of us would like to see the game improved and some useful features added... but my point was a bit unrelated to that, and perhaps more simple.

I was just trying to say that when you pay for something, especially software, you arent paying for things that might come along someday in the future... rather, you are paying for the product in its current form, as it currently is. If someone is not satisfied with what a product currently offers, then they should at least think about not parting with their money, instead of buying in and complaining that what they bought isnt what they want.

Of course, that isnt talking specifically about R3E, since it can be applied to anything you buy.

Sim racing is a bit unique though in the game world. Devs routinely support their games after launch and constantly update them for years. So, I suppose it could be expected that the game will be different in the future... Although it could be restated ad infinitum, these things take time.

Although, I know as well as anyone else... it sure is tough to wait for those improvements :D

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  14. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Look, I won't argue at all that devs have done and still are doing a good work with engaging with the community. But,its not their work to browse the forums and talk to the community.Having someone to handle the forums will allow them to concentrate more on game work.Plus, users will be happier with having someone to talk to straight.

15. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    What would you want them to talk about? If there isnt anything to say about things they are working on... there simply isnt anything to say :p

This is true... but, if you want a community manager or someone to answer questions and speak officially for Sector3, that person needs to be an employee. Meaning they will need to be paid by Sector3 to speak officially. You cannot have an unpaid position speaking officially for a company, it just does not work.

And then the question becomes... why are you paying someone to spend very little time on a forum responding to wishlists and other menial questions when you could be paying someone to do programming? The value of paying a community manager for a small game does not pay any dividends to the company.

And besides, we already have numerous beta-testers here that attempt to help users with questions in the support sub-forum, and share what we may about things being worked on... and for everything else the devs already browse the forums here offering support for those who need it, and for those that need more, the help desk is only an email away.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    If someone is hired full time he will not only work the forums.Social media managing should also be in his portfolio plus YouTube and Twitch livestreams.And not discounting live events like expos and racetrack promos.Quite a large job description in my opinion.

17. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Even so, they still have three open job-offers for programmers.
    I suspect they're the first priority. ;)

18. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    @nate I fully agree with you on the buying a product and accepting it as is. But there's a gray area, to me at least, with beta software. I mean, they could close down shop tomorrow and in theory that would be "fair", but common decency dictates that SELLING beta software implies it will be completed in a reasonable time frame. Probably a bigger discussion there, but that's the only reason I'm more apt to be a bug them a bit on here, vs say SCS (ETS) who sold a complete game, but since they have added improvements, some people now feel entitled to demand more or claim highway robbery like spoiled children. In that situation, I'm firmly in the "you knew what you were buying" camp.

19. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    I understand your point of view, however, since the launch of the beta games dating now for a while, do not you think he could implement new functions, The game did not start yesterday, I know it takes time for developers, we are free to ask, I mean asking not to require any remaining courteous in my words .a clear and precise answer on the progress of new features, for example, flags yes? no ? if so when? We are guests and are entitled to ask them, I think not be the one to wait for the new features

20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Good old Google translate!

I think I am in a position to give the official answer to what I think is your question.

Soon™ :rolleyes: