Resolved Logitech Driving Force Pro "not found" any more

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Stefan, May 31, 2016.

1. Stefan

Stefan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @ all,
    for many months I use the "Logitech Driving Force Pro" Force Feedback Wheel successfully and enjoyed R3E without experiencing any problems.
    But since the last update of R3E, that was downloaded and installed on last sunday (29th may), the Logitech wheel is not recognized by R3E any more - although I did not change anything.:(
    Under Windows 10 Pro, the wheel is installed, available and can be tested. When the game has started, a message appears, that the wheel hardware is missing. No success with configuration/setup menu (see screenshot).
    My machine is a Core i7-3770@3.4 GHz with Windows 10 64 Bit Pro
    Latest Logitech Drivers and Logitech profiler are installed (lgs510_64.exe)
    Did anybody else experience such a mess ?
    Please HELP !
    Regards
    Stefan

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Windows 10 did an auto-update on my logitech-software last week which causes the same trouble on my system. I had to uninstall the logitech-software and reinstalled it with the software i've installed previously. Maybe you can check your windows-Update-history if something similar happens to you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Had the same issue. What m.bohlken says - it's damn Windows Update's fault.

4. kendoslow

kendoslow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    I'm on W7 but S3 says to update to latest Logitech drivers, but they are not good for older Logitech wheels. So you are best advised to use the previous ones.
    I would imagine the problem with W10 is it's ability to automatically update them again.

5. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    There are two versions of "lates Logitech drivers". The one that logitech shows you on Top in the software-sectionis only for the new Wheels.
    For older wheels you must scroll Down to the 5.10.-Version which is for the older Wheels or you search for the Product in the support-section. For example: http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g27-racing-wheel

6. JakkeFin

JakkeFin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I had problem with g25 reconizing as driving force. This fixed it:

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logit...-detected-as-Driving-Force/td-p/750120/page/2

USB 2.0 usually detects the HWID correctly here, but in my case I had a driver upgrade on the Logitech software even screw that up.

I downloaded the latest driver(lgs510x64 at the time I'm writing this), launched the setup, waited for the extract... then opened %temp% from command line and watched for the add. Once the directory is there (usually some randomized name) I moved the extracted setup somewhere that I could reference and cancelled the install.

From the referenced directory, I went to the following path:\2b-LGS-x64\Common64\Logitech\WMDrivers

Right click-> install on the wmjoyhid INF file

Launch the WMWizard.exe file and wait for it to finish.

Unplugged my G27, and re-inserted into USB 2.0 port.

Fixed.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  7. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Same as the other guys, my wheel hadnt felt right for a week or two and always started up 200 dor, I had to manually change it to 450 using the button combo, then a couple of days ago w10 informed me of installed updates one being the wheel, a quick uninstall and reinstall of drivers fixed it.

8. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Dumb down windows driver install a little
    Control panel, system, advanced system settings, hardware, device installation settings, sel;ect no, stop windows from automatically downloading manufacturer drivers and software.

9. Stefan

Stefan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    MY PROBLEM IS SOLVED
    Gents, the first hint that I got on my initial post here was helpful. Sorry for coming back lately with this information.
    Root cause:
    Windows 10 installed an update "Logitech - Other hardware - Logitech Download Assistant" on 25.05.2016
    See screenshot (sorry for the german language ;))
    Solution:
    1. I uninstalled "Logitch Gaming Software 5.10"
    2. Reinstalled "lgs510.exe", same software but a Version from 2013 (found in my download archive...)

PROBEM SOLVED - Let's got racing :)

Since I noticed the discussion about USB: I use always the same USB 2 Port to avoid any mix-up with USB..

Regards Stefan

Attached Files:

10. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Glad that it helped... but you should download the new Version of that Software from the logitech Support-page. The software is still 5.10 and has the same revision-number, but they did an update in March for that which uses R3E for the Auto Wheel-Match for example.

Have a look here: http://support.logitech.com/de_ch/product/driving-force-pro#imagegallery

And in addition - to avoid the reinstall of the Logitech Software via Windows Auto-Update, follow the instructions from @Not Lifting Off

• Like Like x 1
  11. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Hope this info can help if your wheel can't auto setup rotation degree in the R3E

wheel rotation degree in R3E
    F 4 - 450
    FR Jr - 360
    ADAC ’15/GT3 - 540
    GT 2 - 540
    Group 5 - 720
    M1 Pro - 720
    GTO - 540
    Audi TT Cup - 650
    NSU TTS - 720
    DTM ’92 - 900
    DTM ’15 - 450
    WTCC ’15 - 765
    WTCC ’14 - 540

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stefan

Stefan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the information on the newer Version. I installed the Logitech Drivers Version 5.10 that I downloaded and archived in April 2016. Auto Update is now inhibited. Everything works fine :).

Cheers!
    Stefan

13. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    After many, many times to try resolve my problem with Lgs 5.10, Win 10 and wheels (DFPro and G25 connected via USB 3.0) i'm find solution.

Problem:
    Logitech profiler wan't installed on my Win 10 pro 64x. Installer don't ask me to connect my wheel during installation. Profiler won't run after installation. Wheel dosn't appear in device manager, or can be recognised as Driving Force GT (without clutch)

How i solve this
    1) Install old Lgs 5.8
    2) Next install old Lgs 5.9

after this steps Logitech Profiler and the wheels is worked fine, but i still have old drivers

3) Download latest Lgs 5.10, don't install it, or my Logitech Profiler stop working (if i try to launch it, nothing happened)
    4) Open lgs510_x64.exe (in my case, i have Win x64) as archive with free 7-zip. In archive you find $_32_ folder and inside it lgs510_x64.exe (yes, exactly the same file name) and put this file to your desktop
    5) Open this file as archive with 7-zip. Go inside folder (with no name, but only one folder in the root of archive) and the unarichve 2b-LGS-x64 folder to your desktop
    6) Go to the device manager and update driver for your wheel with 2b-LGS-x64 folder (include subfolders) as a target for drivers. In my case its
    Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB
    Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB (HID)
    need to update drivers for both

Latest driver version is 5.9.129.0 (don't be wrong, 5.10 is the version of Logitech Gaming Software, not a driver version)

Now everything works fine and R3E can automaticaly ajust degree of rotation for the wheel

• Like Like x 2
  14. Debilon

Debilon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thx it is working for me with DFGT, but this way i don't have the properties page like i n the picture, i mean FFB strenght, rotation degree, combined/separated pedal set and any other things.. any idea for this?

[​IMG]

15. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you can find this settings in Windows Control Panel - Devices and Printers

16. Debilon

Debilon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    only this appear there (only driver installed):
    Clipboard02.jpg

note: LGS not installed yet, because i afraid all going wrong again after installed that

17. Debilon

Debilon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i install the latest LGS, and now all working fine

18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Good Morning :)

19. Debilon

Debilon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    before this, i only use the latest LGS, and i have some trouble.. (same time i set the automatic driver update OFF in W10, when i use this solution, bacause the real problem for me that was)