EDTracker - Anyone using this?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Not Lifting Off, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Sorry bud, did see this but forgot to reply, iirc it should be Documents\opentrack-2.3
    basically wherever your documents folder is there will be an opentrack folder, it goes in there.

2. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    thank you

3. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Now the next Question: :D
    All the stuff is running fine now, the only problem that's left is the "sticky" center of the cockpit view.
    Is there a way ingame to make it leave center with less headmovement?
    I would rather not mess with "Mapping" in opentrack, because this was the case when using Edtrackers own software, too, which makes me think it's an ingame problem.

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    editing the mapping in open track is your only option. but you just could use a new profile for it and always can switch back to your previous one if you mess up too bad. but after some adjusting here and there it worked fine for me after some testing. Just be patient

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Seems to be unavoidable :( for R3E.
    In every other racesim it just works nicely, that's what makes me think it's an ingame problem.

6. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Copy the profile and call it raceroom, its as easy as selecting the dropdown to change profile for a game.
    Off the top of my head, havnt used one for ages, for the delay, can only think the start of the slope is too long, you can drag the slope from the bottom where it starts closer to 0 which will make it more responsive, you can also lower the slope height for the amount of movement or vice versa but it is pretty much 100% configurable for raceroom, always worked really well for me. Another thing, the profile uploaded on previous pages was one i did when i first built a tracker it may not be that great, i cant remember to tell you the truth.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Agree with everything above. Open track is your only option. Even the makers of of Ed tracker recommend it.
    I had the same issue. I fixed it by placing the first marker right on the very edge of the map on each side. Seriously, spend some time with it. It's worth the effort. I found creating a curved slope worked best for me.
    Good luck.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    @ Not Lifting Off Your profile makes my Opentrack hang, sorry, I can't use it

@ GregoryLeo Could you upload you profile, please? 'Cause I have no Idea what the graphs are about, seems unconclusive to me and I couldn't find a guide that shows how all that remapping stuff relates to the graphs, nor can I get it to move in all 3 dimensions

Thank you, guys

9. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I'm not in front of my computer right now. Using my mobile. I don't use pitch (up and down).
    It was just irritating to me.
    I'll post them tonight (my time in Hawaii) when I am at home.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  10. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE="I'll post them tonight (my time in Hawaii) when I am at home.[/QUOTE]
    That'll be perfect, my timezone is middle europe, so I'll have it to try out in the morning :)
    thanx

11. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    image.jpeg

Set your first pin at zero and your second pin at 178 or 179.
    Then set the third pin some where between 30 and 40, and pull it into a slight curve. The steeper the curve the fast/more your view will turn. I went stronger on the left and slower on the right to make it easier and more realistic to look at the mirrors.
    Oh and I also disabled the roll. You won't be able to look around the cockpit. But I don't care about that anyway. Makes the thing a lot better in my mind. Not all that bouncing around when I find myself leaning into the corners.

12. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    If you do the above with the headtracker connected and on you can see the movement curves by moving your head, you will be able to adjust them to suit your movement.
    That was one thing i really did like. Maybe you had it a little too sensitive in edtracker software?
    Gonna have to build one and try again now :(

13. GregoryLeo

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    That and that I have a pretty slow video card that couldn't keep up with that much info. :oops:

14. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Gents, I have a problem. Hardly had any time for testing, but here's the problem:

EDtracker works as it should.
    Opentrack works as it should.
    The game detects the device -> new profile.
    -> there's absolutely no head tracking in the game.

Any help would be appreciated.

15. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jyrik
    Try this:
    In EDtracker UI set yaw scaling to about 10, map look left/right in R3E by moving your head.
    don't start Opentrack.
    This is just a test if Edtracker works in R3E

• Like Like x 1
  16. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Thanks! Will test it tomorrow.

17. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    It seems that I am not able to map "look right", but "look left" can be mapped and it works ok.

18. Not Lifting Off

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Recallibrate or reinstall the firmware, easy to do both in edtracker software, but if it works in everything else it should work as it comes in Raceroom, is there a controller profile loaded for it, iirc just leave it at default and use it, should work properly. Mine did, do! Unless something has changed recently in RR, havnt used one for ages.

• Like Like x 1
  19. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Ok, after recalibration EDtracker works OK.

Now, let's see what the problem with Opentrack is...

20. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    According to the Opentrack test, pitch and roll work fine, but not at with the game. I'm clueless again, lol.

FYI, I'm all new to this, and yesterday was my first try.