BAN for Aline Senna on multiplayer race !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deni Kremer, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deni Kremer

Deni Kremer Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 2
  2. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I second that....a real nuisance. No intention of racing.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    same old story... :(

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    A deranged menace who acts with the sole intention of spoiling other people's fun. To the uninitiated she surely creates a negative impression of multiplayer racing in R3E.

More than worthy of official action. May I suggest a month-long perma ghost?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Deni Kremer

Deni Kremer Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    I wish I could see her in action... no footage of her "driving skills" around the net?
    Maybe she should just turn her attention to Next Car Game. There I think she would be at home...
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    At least in getrealmodus.. There's enough options to train in a fun way according to her/his skills.. I dont mind slow drivers but antisocial drivers like the one mentioned are the worst!

• Like Like x 1
  8. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Not the first thread that mentions that name.

All i can say is there is plenty of people that have video of online racing out there where you can clearly see the trolling/grieving/destruction (or whatever this is) in action.
    Peoples have started taking action into their own hands but this only escalate this further.

Someone at S3 need to serve a simple but fair warning to the player and maybe they will stop.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I have a few videos in the Media Hub where this person has specifically targeted me, among other drivers on track.

It's quite atrocious really. Having a good race with a few guys in a tight pack, and you slow down for a low speed chicane, and this A. Senna just comes in full speed targeting you and smashing you way off track.

It's public servers, and trolling just happens. I never get too disheartened by it. There have really only been a handful of people similar to that user, and the overwhelming majority is far better and respectful. I would even go as far to say that this online community may be the best besides iRacing.

I suppose it has to do more with the business model. How you need to buy the content you want to use. Trolls arent going to waste a lot of money buying every track and a bunch of cars. They stick to the free content to troll.

Although I played with that A. Senna yesterday on GTR2 servers at Monza where they caused slight chaos. :p

Im not sure from a developers perspective that much can be done without some serious work and major feature redesign. Although, since all the users have their name in game, and linked to Steam. I am curious if there is a way to ban specific accounts from accessing MP. That way, they wouldnt interfere with others online that actually want to have a good time, but can still access all the content they rightly bought in all the vast single player modes. Sort of like a temporary blacklist, or "bad sport" pool where they are temp banned for a week.

Of course, implementing something like that would be hard. And the objectivity would be difficult with no official mods in races spectating and ruling. However, with the small handful of people that are known to do this... it wouldnt be impossible I think.

*pinches myself lightly* Oh whoops... was I dreaming of things that were on my wishlist to make this game even better than it already is... :cool::D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I am against full Ban ..
    These are paying customers we are talking about. Yes he/she is ruining it for everyone else right now. But i believe in giving someone a chance to change their behavior. Like i said first s warning. Then if it continues they just have to build a case and warn of incoming ban. then if there is still no care then they can do temp ban. And then longer ect..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Precisely why I said to do something like a temp ban from MP only. They will still have access to everything they paid for in Single Player mode. Racing against AI, practice, etc. This seems to me like it would be one of the best ways to still keep your customer, while preventing them from ruining the days of others.

And to the part of giving them 2nd chances and so on... this person the thread is made for, and Im sure a few others that are nearly as notorious... are just straight up trolls. They do not care about changing. I recall A. Senna from over 6 months ago when I had only been playing R3E for about a month or so. The same exact garbage was happening then. There are lots of people in the MP lobbies that put it nicely that wrecking people is rude. Others say it more bluntly.

Yes they are a paying customer as their profile demonstrates, logging 40,000+ KM :O during their time in game... but that also demonstrates just how little they have changed, and chances are a warning wont do much. Especially for the worst trolls out there.

Im sure this is a touchy subject and even more difficult from a dev's perspective, trying to keep that customer and the income from them, while maintaining competitive and fair MP, so the whole player base is happy...

There really arent many great options to make everyone happy... As much is expected though in public lobbies of any racing game, especially one that offers a lot of free content. Just my take. :p

12. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    She's a witch.......burn........burn

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    There a guys running races online Swordi on youtube. He has multiple races with friends. They speak German, While i dont understand german. They are always worried and talking about Senna this and Senna that. There is plenty of example where you see Senna cutting the track trying to take out people. On one occasion he/she was waiting on the straight to take Swordi out and barely missed him and of course that sent him laughing.
    But this is common. I have seen it multiple time.

Here at start watching at 23:22 . Senna sitting on the straight with +1 lap just trying to crash him.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
  14. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    most mmo games have a report feature
    wow, lol, wot ect...

we should have something similar in r3e
    eg. 5 strikes = warning, 10 strikes 1 hour ban, 15 strikes and the mods get alerted ect...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    RBR is a prime hunting ground....Obviously the Dedi Servers will solve it for communities , but it's still a massive shame to have people like this playing this sim at all.

16. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    You are good hearted people. I have zero tolerance with this kind of behaviour.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0

From 2 nights ago.

18. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I was in that race too @machwebb

My car was the third placed blue Cruze and I saw her fly up the inside like an exocet and wipeout the guy in the Honda. She does the same thing over and over. I don't know what pleasure can be derived from this. It's quite sad really.

Sure, Ms Senna is a paying customer and has rights, but so does everyone else who puts hard-earned money and often limited free time into this game. I really think an in-server report/vote-to-kick feature is needed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  19. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I was the Cow Print Cruze...You were going pretty nicely upfront for ages until something happened ?? I just drove past a group of you??....LOL you nearly had fastest lap dude! but I pinched it off you on the last lap..evil!!

20. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I already wrote this in another thread about this person. There actually is a report feature. Just go to the game site, search for the player you want to report and klick on the little yellow triangular sign underneath the users profile photo (see screenshot attached).

But again, I have no idea what will be the consequences - if there are any at all. So far I never reported anybody.

And to be honest the profile page of the forementioned person doesn't look like the one of a notorious troll. Although this might be the intention to keep people from reporting her. Or it is her little brother who abuses her Steam/RaceRoom account. I don't know. As far as I can remember I only once had the opportunity of experiencing this "account" online and I can tell you that it was not a particularly pleasant experience. ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.