International Justrace is now Online

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Stefan Mizzi, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Thank you!!! Yes, that would be great for us to do. However, many of these main news sites have their own leagues and they do not seem to like our system since we are seen as competitors.

In fact I have seen many posts mentioning www.justrace.net being deleted immediately......

Cheers
    Stefan

2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I know, it's just I'm a little occupied with preparation for VR League Races myself, so for the moment I just look what's up to jump in on occasion ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    yeah that can be seen as the biggest risk to the project, to win those folks you more or less would have to allow embedding things on their website (which I guess you would have accounted for). In the end community builders like to add their own "value", which is why they probably don't like a unified system... kinda opposite what players prefer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    So it seems that it is a very close tie for the first 6 combos! Voting on https://www.justrace.net/WeeklyEvent ends today at midnight :)

upload_2016-8-28_20-34-58.png

And for next week, we have a new update coming!...you can also vote for races on any day of the week and not just Thursday ;)

All you need to do is choose your favorite Day, the Car/Class, Track and vote! :)

upload_2016-8-28_22-39-4.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    ive finally got around to make a pledge for this great platform ( why on earth is kickstarter not accepting paypal)
    There is still hope that the project might be funder if we get a big push of pledge.

Come on people !! this is a great project for our hobby. Kick in a small ammount.

6. tobias.schlottbohm

tobias.schlottbohm Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thx for your support, MeMotS!

But obviously, our campaign will fail - it will end in about two hours and 600€ are missing to reach the goal. But well - it won't prevent us from continuing the work on justrace :p
    Yeah, that's a very good question. Quite a big obstacle for many guys, I think...:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  7. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Keep on going guys. Keeping a close eye and will keep using it

8. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    It probably failed due to lack of news and being perceived as hostile to existing leagues/communities. Whoever would control the website could have a big market reach.

Too bad, it would be nice to have the technology stack like this. Maybe you can sell your work to Reiza doing something similar, or raceroom AG... to incorporate your toolkit.

If you try funding by another platform would focus on making an open source technology stack, that can be leveraged by multiple sites somehow.

9. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I agree and disagree.
    they already mentioned that private league would be able to post their own server there. And that is the main reason I support it. I do not perceive hostility.

Next I do agree that sector 3 should seriously look into this tool and integrate it in raceroom it is greatly needed.

10. tobias.schlottbohm

tobias.schlottbohm Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, unfortunately, I can confirm that - there are reservations regarding justrace being a big platform, but our time will come.
    And to repeat it (again and again) - there are really not any bad intentions at all. Stefan and me are true simracing fans and will always play nice :) We just want to fill this (huge) gap...looking at iRacing, one simply must be blind to ignore the huuuge benefit everybody will have!
    We started justrace to stop all that messing around with isolated tools, applications etc. - it simply does not make much sense to have so much (great!!!) tools which are not interconnected. Roughly 80% of JR's code has been build seperately by Stefan & me before we came together - silly! :confused:

Well, as I said already above...the failing KS campaign won't prevent us from going on :p - in fact, Stefan & me will meet on Malta again in October to develop JR further :cool:
    We're still deeply convinced about the idea, so no reason to stop :D

We discussed that already. I am not against open source at all but it is not the right moment now. We need to build a solid base first, which eventually will have support for extensions - that's how software works nowadays! Btw, if we ever stop working on JR, I expect it to become open source ;)

Yep. But believe it or not, it doesn't stop private leagues from being very sceptical.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

Just a heads up to let you know that we have added most of the Dedicated Server Options to www.justrace.net session creation screen. When you create your own session, you will be able to set most options as seen below :)

This will be released soon.

upload_2017-1-11_14-58-45.png

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  12. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Justrace Server Manager coming out soon! You will be able to hook all your game server to Justrace where

1. You can create, stop and delete your game servers from Justrace web application

2. You can schedule your servers from Justrace web app

3. Your community drivers will be able to see schedule servers and subscribe to them on our match maker

4. The race schedule you create will be tagged to your Community name

5. Results and statistics will be auto uploaded and generated

6. Ratings will be auto calculated

7. You can then also integrate your servers with the coming Advanced League Management system

I have added some images on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Justrace.net/posts/1683724778592406

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    New menu been added "My Server"

You can create, schedule, stop, delete your game dedicated server, see how many people are online, results auto uploaded, ratings....bla bla bla bla.....from your mobile while you're drinking beer at the pub ;)

Those who would like to start testing the server manager please send me a pm for the beta download link..

upload_2017-2-19_18-19-58.png

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
  14. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    The Justrace Server Manager BETA is now available for download.

https://www.justrace.net/downloads/JustraceServerManager_0.5.0.4.zip

1. Unzip it to any folder you wish

2. Make a rule in your firewall to open Port 9001 TCP. If you want to change this port, open the file JustraceServerManager\bin\Debug\JustraceServerManager.exe.config and change this. Your sever IP and port have to be accessible from the outside word, so you might need to configure port forwarding.

upload_2017-2-27_9-15-53.png

3. Change the JustraceServerManager\bin\Debug\Capabilities.json file as you wish. This instructs the app how many servers of game the server can start. For example, the below tells the server that you can have a max of 5 raceroom dedicated servers that can be started. If you also use it for other games, you need to specify the ports to be used.

upload_2017-2-27_9-18-27.png

4. Run JustraceServerManager\bin\Debug\JustraceServerManager.exe

5. If you don't have a login yet, create one. In the Community Name, enter your server name, for example, Raceroom Server 1
    upload_2017-2-27_9-8-21.png

6. You can install this app on as many servers as you wish, but just choose a different Community name, like Raceroom Server 2 etc

7. Once started, choose the raceroom dedicated server folder and start the raceroom server. The app will tell you if it found any issues like shown below. For example, my laptop cannot be accessed from the outside word and thus it wont work.

upload_2017-2-27_9-13-23.png

That's it really, now your server is connected to the justrace system.

Let me know if you need help.

Cheers
    Stefan

15. lifeofbrian

lifeofbrian Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Just found out about this on the Assetto Corsa forum, what a great idea. I will be checking it out for both games later. I can't believe I missed it all the time, it needs promoting.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Thanks mate :)

We did not promote it yet since we want to finish the League Management System first but unfortunately we are too busy with life and its moving slowly.