Preview BMW M6 GT3 - licensed

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Max

Max Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141 / 0 / -0
    Yes but i dont think the Mercedes is ready in the version. Its like dtm summer cup last year. Total Differenz in the end. Sounds Physiks and tyres.
    They make not the one only. Its the main content

2. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    thougt the C63 dtm was free to try outside the online competition so i took it for a ride on the green hell but then it was gone.
    Yeah probably a bug that was patched...

Anyways, i hope the bmw m6 gt3 will be released this year (it will be on Assetto corsa in 2017!)

3. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    All dem BMW's tickle my interest.. Comeon guys! Start releasing them ;)

4. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Now we need the new R8.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I wonder in what way the M6 will feel different to the Alpina B6 we already have.

The Alpina and the Corvette are my preferred choices in GT3, in RR.

6. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    But i think the Sound of the Corvette is not really unrealistic. Try to hear inboards of GT-Master races. Absolutely amazing american big block V8 sound. R3E is way to high and to screaming. Porsche/RUF same. Originally in the Porsche you hear breaking squeal very loud (in real).

7. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    The Corvette sound is realistic for the model that is ingame. Just listen to the real car here:

You can hear that the pitch note is very similar to the sound in the game ;)

Of course, it shouldn't be compared to the new C7 GT3-R which is a totally different animal.

About the RUF, the car was initially developed around a 997 "RSR" concept, and the GTE (GT2) version even but I based my work on the GT3 RSR version anyway.
    Again a very different car from the 911 GT3 R that is competing irl in ADAC GT Masters nowadays.
    Not saying that I'll never replace the RUF sound in GT3 class but you'll reckon that it already sounds quite close to the real one.
    Please have a look here for a comparison ;):
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_KUE9pau1klZfoCyJBF81D1pkn7IyMRJ

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  8. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I have no clue how the real cars sound, I cannot recognize them, but I appreciate the sounds in RR for what they are. Often quite bombastic maximo forte. Outside RR community, people sometimes question or criticise RR's use of onboard clutter sounds, saying it is generic, not linked to the situation around the car or the to the track, and so forth - it is artificial. It maybe is, but I would not care if it is. I don'T want to miss it because it adds to atmosphere and immersion. It all sounds great.

How did we come to this discussion of Corvette sounds in a thread about RR's new BMW addition? :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    pretty simple - because you wrote that you prefer the Alpina and Corvette ^^ But as @Anthony Monteil already stated. The old Corvette Z.06 GT3 sounds totally different in comparison to the Corvette C7 GT3. As both cars shares the same Engine (read an info from Callaway about it) it is another example, how much influence the exhaust has on the sound.

Very strange... I can't understand that opinion when I compare it with other Sims. Maybe the clutter sounds are the weakest point in the whole Sound-Arragement so they focus on that. IMO the whole Sound in R3E and how it reacts on Inputs is the best of all sims. In my holiday I tried AC again and the sound was something I really started to hate in it... Especially hearing other cars reving up in start (Multiplayer-Races) sounds soooo terrible... In general it was very syntetic but the samples seems to be good...
    But yeah some of the clutter-sounds in R3E could sound a bit more natural - especially those that simulates back- or misfire sounds sometimes like clapping coconut-shell

10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I can only agree. The "new" C7 GT3 sounds like you would expect a Corvette to sound - it's quite loud for a GT3 car and has a deep rumbling sound . The "old" C6 GT3 had a sound I couldn't believe the first time I saw it. Very damped and kind of high pitched for a Corvette. It also had a strange hissing sound to it when passing by you. The first C6 GT3 I saw in Oschersleben I thought must be damaged. But then the second one blasted by and had the same sound and so on. So the sound of the C6 GT3 is really not what you expect from a Corvette, but it's spot on in RRRE.

Of course I'm only talking about outside sounds since I never had the opportuinity to ride one of those beasts. And I don't trust YT-videos too much since the microphones used often are sub-standard and can't carry over what you really hear when sitting in the car.

11. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    In my humble opinion, there are a couple of cars that sound more synthetic than the other cars in the game.

Corvette (the audio just bugs me, so I don't drive it)
    Listen to 1:04 of this video you posted. The in-game car seems to lack something under acceleration. It just doesn't sound right. Maybe mix alittle of the v8 deeper throaty audio to the existing audio?

Cadillac CTSV (what can I say, our family has owned Cadillacs since the 70s). But again, I feel the in-game car lacks a proper V8 tone.

DTME 2013. Loved it. Sounded Awesome. That's why I choose to play DTME 2013 more than the others.
    When I compared the youtubes of the the 2015 DTM cars, they sounds more like DTME 2013 or maybe somewhere inbetween. But thats just my opinion.

Regardless, there is a reason why R3E is mentioned or used as a benchmark for other sims.
    Still, the best in the business.

12. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    problem is you cannot judge a cars sound by a youtube video.. listening live to the car is a whole different story.
    So it's likely that youtube onboard (and exterior) sounds (crappy mics, compression etc) are not exact like the cars sound in real life, sometimes they even sound not very alike. Really depends on the audio-source.

When I attended some races from the GT Masters last year I can confirm that the C6 GT3 is spot on with the sound, like every GT3 car in R3E. Even the RUF sounds much like the last years GT3 Porsche in real. They made a very amazing job with the sounds and they are very very accurate. Don't let youtube videos fool you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

And can you garante that your audio system will be able to perfectly reproduce the sound if this one was a perfect match of the real one ?
    And does the acoustic of the room where you play match the accoustic of the real car ?

By one way or another you'll never be able to have the exact sound you'll feel into a real car, because... because it way more complexe than putting some good mics and send the sample back to any sound system.

So, it's obviously a matter of comprise, and the one we have in R3E is one of the greatest, by far ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    No but I can be sure that my audio system / headphones are producing a more accurate sound with R3E as the audio source than a youtube video with a mic from a .. gopro etc as a source. And since I know how the cars sound in real life I can say it's accurate. But I only speak from exterior sound, but since it's the same procedure for interior and exterior I guess, I'm sure on board car sound matches as well.

But what a game never can reproduce is the sensation of the car sound going through your stomach and bones when they fly by. Of course you don't need earplugs in R3E, when in reality standing 20m from a high revving Z4 GT3 will almost burst your eardrums :-D

15. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    OK acceptet with the different models in game, than this one which race nowadays.

But in game we need more piping from the diff inboard.

16. Timo Heyden

Timo Heyden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Has someone more information, when it is the release from the BMW M6 GT3?

17. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I have no new infos:( but I hope soon we will get the first new car :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    They didn't release shit for like 6-8 months or so. I only swing by to check if something is new in this game. But they do nothing for months. I am doing iRacing for a long time now, they at least have real 3-monitor support.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Makes no sense to me to post so many new content announcements on the forum when all of them are going to be so far away from releasing, or at least when you do announce some new content put some sort of time scale in the post so we at least know how long it will be before release.
    Hopefully when we do get a new release it will be most of what has been announced in the last 6 months.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I hope for the best.
    To lose RaceRoomRacing would be bad
    for us.