News Update on server problems

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Monty

Monty Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    So the whole problem does not seem to be fixed yet (503 resp. general connection problems) I had many online races where many cars are missing at the start or disappear sometimes I have the feeling I am also invisible the way you are shot.
    My internet connection is good well VDSL50 Telekom Router Fritz box 7490 the game runs also liquid in the average 90fps.
    But by disappearing it is often not nice to drive.:(

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Timo Heyden

Timo Heyden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    There are some problems with the erroer 12002.

3. almkicker

almkicker Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I am missing a new statement from Sector3?!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Popo28

Popo28 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I am totally upset about the update!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    @Bozza NZ#72 : I've just received word from one of our programmers that the issue that caused the crashes you have experienced will be fixed in our next update.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Popo28

Popo28 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    And when will the "next update" be there?

7. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Whenever some more bugs are fixed and it goes through testing...

These things dont materialize over night. Especially issues that are hard to reproduce and find solutions for.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ian-C

Ian-C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi All

Can someone tell me if this is related to the server not responding issue or the one i see on occasions when starting the game. I have been trying to get a dedicated server up for nearly 3 days now so my league can start practising for a season of events we have coming up but no one can connect to the server.

If this is not the issue they are looking into then we will have to reschedule the season in rFactor 2 and that will be the end of RR for our club which would be a shame as some of our members are quite exited with some of the content available on RR.

If they are looking into the server not responding issue, do they have any time scale on a fix as the season of events is due to start at the beginning of December or at least that's the latest we can push it back otherwise it will over run into next years summer season of events.

It would be nice if the devs could actually explain what issues they are looking into and provide regular updates in locked threads so we don't have to trawl through threads with hundreds of posts to get the latest information.

• Like Like x 1
  9. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I would recommend going over your server config once or twice more. Make sure firewall, port forwarding, and everything is all squared off like it should be when you are setting it up.

There are quite a lot of other users dedicated servers that are running perfectly fine, so this is not a universal issue, and is much more likely something on your end that is amiss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Sorry @nate , but this has a bad taste.

Right after the update before the last one, the community reported a bunch of bugs, e.g. missing replay of the start. This was pre summer holidays, and last week those bugs were fixed with an update, around four months later!

The major problem atm is the impossibility of multiplayer races, because of the server problems, and imho this requires an immediate hotfix!

Yesterday would have been our practice evening for the next SIR-race. We started practice and a couple of minutes later cars started jumping around, ping times jumped from 20ms to 1k ms. Impossible to continue. So we closed R3E and went all to another sim, R3E is on our side a dead end right now.

And just to make this clear, I'm not trying to offend anyone, just giving feedback of the actual situation on our side.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ian-C

Ian-C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As i have dedicated servers setup for rFactor, Assetto Corsa and a miriad of other games and RR is the only one that wont work i kind of think the problem is with RR. Also seeing the number of posts going back over a year reporting the same issue along with the number of servers i see in the server lobby with no ping (most of which i can't join) i tend to think there are some major issues with the online code in RR.

About the only thing i have not tried with regard setting up the server is changing my isp so at the moment it's looking like our club will not be using RR as a platform to host events.

12. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    While it's really frustrating and I certainly understand the anger here, the point Nate was making is that the dev and test teams are really struggling to reproduce some of these issues, and until they can be reproduced they can't be tracked down and fixed. If the studio knew there were lots of serious bugs it would have been silly to release in this state and they simply wouldn't have done it. You have a small(ish) team working as hard as they can to find the root causes of these issues, which are issues they weren't expecting. They will be fixed when they're fixed, which is as soon as possible and with much grafting and sleepless nights from a team of able and hard working people. I know this doesn't help end users, but there's simply no other way to do it and there really is no way to make it happen faster

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As there are a number of other people perfectly able to host a server you might at least consider the possibility of that not being the case. That's all nate was saying.
    I'm not saying that you're not capable of hosting a dedicated server, because you appear to be, but when there's sth not working the way it should only for a minority of people then it can't be a general problem, otherwise everybody would encouter those issues and nobody would be able to host a server, right?

Which ISP are you using and what are the connection details (particularly, does it still support IPv4 or is it one of those IPv6 only (DS-LITE) connections)?

EDIT: And I'm also not trying to say that everything (esp. server/portal-side) is in perfect working order. Everyone is aware of the issues that arose with the last big patch and the team is busy working on those rather than reading/commenting the forums.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  14. Ian-C

Ian-C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm with Virgin Media on a 200Mb connection using the IPv4 protocol.

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And the server goes live but no client can join through an external line?
    Can you join yourself?
    If so, were you on the server while the other clients tried to join?

EDIT: And what router(s) are connected?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  16. Ian-C

Ian-C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes the server goes live and shows on the server lobby but has no ping and NO One has been able to join it. without the ability to direct connect or search LAN for servers i don't even know if the server is working.especially as i cant even read the log files.

Its connected from the internet via a Virgin Superhub 3 and a Netgear WNR3500L acting as a switch.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Quick question: When people disconnect from races they're not visible in the post race replay. I can't recall this being a problem before the update but I might be wrong?

Disregard this post if it has already been reported.

18. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    How is the port forwarding configured in the Superhub, meaning which method did you chose (port forwarding or port trigger)? There are some routers on which (for whatever reason ;) ) RR only seems to work with either method.

Is the server a seperate physical machine or on your gaming PC?
    If it's seperate and your gaming PC is connected to the same switch, did you make sure that your switch forwards the inbound traffic to the server and not your gaming machine?

Was like this before the update.

19. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    You are wrong. Happens occasionally but many times it helps to just load the replay again. Didnt check this after the latest update though, coz no racing was possible. :rolleyes:

20. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Tried it twice but I will give it a go again tonight.