News Update on server problems

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Popo28

Popo28 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Oh Shit, why then? :p
    Telekom was only on Sunday, and not the long long time before. :(
    Nice riddles guess here in this forum! :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Marc Copa

Marc Copa Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Dear developer

Maybe it would be possible for you to briefly share how it goes now.
    How long could it be about to play again without problems in the Multiplaer.

Or are there no problems so you do not speak here?

I am a little impatient, because I finally want to play online without problems.

Thanks for your opinion here!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, @S3, I really like R3E but seriously guys... it's been like that at every single update since I've known this sim. At some point this problem will have to be tackled, if the servers aren't stable enough, at least provide a temporary offline solution.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    That's impossible for me to say. Speculating, it might be an incompatibility with older server config files, maybe a clean install and reconfigure might help? Maybe the server application now has higher resource requirements and it isn't living as happily on a shared box? Maybe the OS installation has a different set up than the ones on official servers that is affecting the latest build? Maybe some network traffic has changed and a router at the hosting company isn't handling it as well as it used to?

Anyway, my point is that there are a million things that might be the problem and the logic of "it used to work and now not so much" isn't always as easy to apply as that. It's equally logical to say that if the same program works better on other systems, than the fault must be with yours. Of course I'm not suggesting that, but you can see why things aren't always as black and white as they might appear.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Also wanted to say that huge companies like Ubisoft can't launch watchdogs2 without problems. Sector3 are not alone in encountering issues when a seemingly goos software build goes live and is released to the public.

6. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Maybe a stupid question but can Windows 10 have something to do with a problem like this? RaceRoom isn't officially supported on Win 10 if I remember correctly.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    hm, I don't think that Win10 has something to do with that. Haven't tried R3E since the patch very much but ATM I don't notice any problems with it - and I'm using Win10 x64.

Has anybody with connection-problems tried to delete the content of the cache-Folder? You'll normally find it in: Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData\Cache

• Like Like x 2
  8. Redglyph

Redglyph Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    They have issues at launch, but it's another scale, the difference in number of clients connecting is several orders of magnitude for such a mass product. Besides, Ubi ARE looking for problems, using trash software like Denuvo to protect their DRM ;)

Everyone has the same problem, I don't think the OS has anything to do with it, it's on the server side (their server doesn't seem to be able to handle the load when more people log in to check new updates or products).

9. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    OK, thanks!

Edit: just tried deleting all cache files in BrowserData and verifying integrity of game cache in Steam.

Nothing.

Online is still a complete mess.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  10. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Yes I read EULA and the terms..........a little bit, just like every one in the whole world does. But this stinks. It's an always online game and is sold as an always on line game. Give us the chance to play it online or at least allow offline mode. MP is unusable at this present time and while it's fine as a company to say "you agreed to the EULA" we also never really expected more errors than is reasonable for a consumer purchase. It goes both ways Sector 3. You have a captive paid fan base but it will dwindle away pretty soon if things don't improve.
    There you go, I have had my rant. And I'm only ranting because the last 4 MP club races at RD have been ruined completely. I needed to vent.:confused::confused::)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    At least there's a 2 in 3 chance you won't end up in the middle...

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
  12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, I recall playing just fine last night against a number of people and had some fantastic races with @Ronin_GTDave the previous handful of days.

I imagine if MP was unusable like the hyperbole many people here use would have us believe, I wouldnt find a single person doing MP races...

Saying it doesnt work as well as it could would be the correct expression to use. Saying it is unusable literally means you cannot use it. And that is not the case.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I've just had great fun racing a gent by the name of Johannes FLop (hope I got that right) at Brands in the KTM, not an issue at all apart from my driving in the final 6 or so laps :D

14. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    You are wrong. I am right. End of the matter. It's not hyperbole. I only race in RD's club servers, no public servers with kids ramming each other. We are respectable, seasoned racers and we don't lie. :rolleyes: Is it against your Beta tester status to have a winge about the sim? Seems like it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I guess you are one of the one in a million that always reads the small print eh? :rolleyes: Yeah real funny and very frustrating for us paying customers.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, what a loser I am, eh? Reading contracts before I sign 'em... :rolleyes:
    Best Regards
    A fellow paying customer

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I had a DTM2016 race on Hungaroring two hours ago.
    Seemed that I was the invisible person now. Cars just bumped my back and crashed me as if I was air. The replay looked really funny with my car being a pinball.

18. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I am going to take this at face value and believe that you are being serious here, since that is what I am inferring from the specific wording and the final 2 sentences in that paragraph....

So, since you are saying I am completely wrong, and you are right... You are saying that I am brazenly lying about being able to enjoy some fantastic MP racing with other people the past handful of days without issue. Further saying I am completely wrong in my clarification that the MP servers are not "unusuable" but rather 'dont fully work as they should'.

That isnt a very respectable statement to make, is it? I will end the reply here.

Just because you dont read the license agreement you voluntarily agreed to, does not mean you are somehow not bound by it. It still exists, and is clearly worded.

This is also signed from a fellow paying customer ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    We are talking about a game that worked ok before the November patch and now it don't.
    So why are you talking about EULA and terms like we are talking about some loan from a bank or a contract.
    We have 20+ racers grid at the RD club and everyone of them have problem with invisible cars, crashes etc etc.
    What we want is to enjoy what we paid for. Nobody force us to buy it, but someone broke it.
    It worked, now it dont. So something is wrong. We need a fix.
    Is it wrong to ask for a fix and some announcement that someone is working on it?
    Do i have to hire a lawyer? :p

We just want to race with our pretty well paid... beta game.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Because some people keep emphasizing the fact that they are paying customers and/or that RR is very expensive for a game in beta phase and somehow feel that that is a justification for being rude or making exaggerations ("unplayable") or going on about the same thing. Yes, there's an issue in MP, it has been acknowledged and they said they're working on fixing it. What else do you expect? You rather the devs spending their time here commenting every post saying that the game doesn't work or that they spend their time fixing the issues at hand?

All I was originally saying (here and here) was that from my pov it is of little use to keep going on or even raging about the same thing here. If some feel that that somehow helps them or that it has any influence on the working speed of the team then by all means keep going on, just don't expect a reasonable answer if you're not being reasonable yourself. It's not like anybody's offended by those comments, I just don't get how people think they improve anything. That's all this was about, yet some people chose to feel offended by me, a paying customer, voicing my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016