News Update on server problems

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    To the guys having a go at me: Basically you are saying that the MP problems are exaggerated by some users. That's what stinks in my personal opinion.
    And it's also amazing that all you Beta testers read the EULA and small print of every game you buy. That is amazingly unbelievable and to be honest, I don't believe them. And why you should even bring that up in this conversation is beyond me. It is not relevant.

I know SECTOR 3 are working on a fix, well I hope they are, but a little communication would be nice. I didn't mean to upset any one here with my comments because I just want my favourite race sim up and running as it was before the update, that's all. So I apologise if any single person got really upset or anything. But you beta testers do seem to jump on any customer that dares to throw in a complaint about RRE. And I don't speak for RD, that's just the place where I prefer to do my clean and fair online racing and it is a great community.

ps, seems some disgruntled members here don't like Racedepartment or Bram for some reason but that doesn't give you the right to have a go at RD members here. And the ones having a go are current members of RD too. Disgraceful behaviour. Must have a big chip on their shoulders.:rolleyes: Absolutely no need to try and cause rifts in our sim racing community.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I don't want an answer at all. I don't care. If you like to call my post off topic blah blah, it's no different to your threat of hiring a lawyer, but certainly less disrespectful.

Anyway, I'm sure your friends can dislike this post too, but since I don't post for likes, it doesn't matter.
    I remain fed up of hearing the same few people posting the same whines over and over without posting anything that's actually helpful in solving the problem.

I'm a paying customer too. I don't get the time to play often enough to do anything useful when issues come around, but I am sure that Sector3, who have my money as well as yours, are working to fix the problems for all of us.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Tell that to the mofo who banned me from RD. You might remember me as a clean and fair driver. It didn't matter a bit.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. pargiNOS

pargiNOS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0
    You guys must not be serious, from a threat that we talked about the update and the problems we have with R3E you turned it in to a hate and anger threat for the RD club sim racers and staff.
    People who don't race at our club have issues too and they post here, but you only respond to us??? I had no idea about this, i am not a friend with Bram and definitely i don't belong to any circle, i only know the guys that racing with me, cause that is what i like to do.

And @SylverFyre the thing about the lawyer was a joke, but i guess people like you don't have a sense of humor.

Sorry that i want to race with visible cars.
    Enjoy it as it is. And don't ask questions.

Ciao

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    We did tonight an test with reverse storting grid.
    To bad that the Qualifying is direct reversed by the first race.
    We hoped that the reverse toon place at the second race.
    Maybe in the future.
    The first test was an disaster.
    One had a very big lag.
    The second test was Okay.
    That time we started in an second server with the ports 60003 to 60005
    For the reason to try because some country's have problems with the ports 60000 to 60003
    One issue we noties is that some People go direct to the menu after the first or second race and some comes in the pit.
    If you don't use the esc. function you will be disquilified

6. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    You are one sad person to be calling anyone a mofo here on this thread. To be honest, you probably weren't a fair and clean racer and won't be missed judging from your use of language and your general attitude. You must have deserved your banning.
    And no, I don't remember you at all.

Any way, lets get back on topic and discuss possible fixes and/or action that Sector 3 could be doing. We really need to get the sim working properly again.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Well you can fuck off too.

Now back on topic.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    :rolleyes:

• Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
  9. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Bad language and animosity. Absolutely no need for it at all. :( Wouldn't you agree Christian? Or are you supporting his behaviour? You do not get this type of animosity on RD.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, one can be so elaborate, or go straight to the point. I prefer the latter.

11. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    That's fine in a playground, but this is a discussion forum for us all. Just no need for your animosity. Reported.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I'd prefer if you went back to RD with your reports and whining, and let the gentlemen continue with the topic.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    There is no need for such animosity here. We are just as welcome here as any other customer looking for answers to faults within the game. That's all it's about. But I can see why you were banned from RD now. Thank goodness you don't represent the majority here or Sector 3.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Never been banned from anything else during a dozen or so active years of participation on various forums, and that says a lot of you down there, where rules don't matter if you use nice language.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Mihai

Mihai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Why don't you, fellas, go and make a separate thread to spit your love there instead of hijacking this one and fill it with this shit. You all should behave as this is a public place.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    You can keep disliking my posts all you like Jyrik, but your animosity and foul language here speak volumes.
    RD is a place where mature people/members can converse and race together clean and fairly and it is rare to see such foul language to the degree that you have shown here. Why would you want to use such language anyway? You do seem to have a really big chip on your shoulder. And finally, it does not matter what you say, we come here to look for answers. That is all.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    article-2360131-1AC3386A000005DC-33_634x423.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Sector 3 Would it be possible for an update on progression of a fix please?
    Many thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I don't have any knowledge of or interest in what's going on at RD. Heard this and that, but that doesn't allow me to pass any personal judgement.

However, I do think that profanity is not the way to go. We've seen worse here, but just very very rarely to this date and we'd like it to stay that way. That's one of the (or maybe the main) reason(s) that I unintentionally seem to have started this whole thing (with this rather innocently motivated, slightly cheeky call for patience).
    So, albeit having said the same thing 4 or more times now, one more time:
    Nobody has a problem with people reporting issues or asking questions. We're trying our best to answer all of them to the best of our knowledge.
    Nobody has a problem with people expressing disappointment about bugs or errors, within the boundaries of common sense and manners.
    All I was saying several times now is that if some people report the same thing over and over again (which is what was happening) it is of little use from my pov, to them or the cause.
    If people get enraged or frustrated about the devs not answering each and every single report/complaint that also doesn't help, neither them nor the cause.
    The only reason I brought up the EULA thing was because the "paying customer" and "expensive beta" cards were held up several times, and I personally think those are non-arguments, for the reasons I laid out (in part) earlier in here.

Everybody is welcome to disagree with me, I also don't have a problem with that. Just take my posts for what they are, the opinion of another paying customer and not personal attacks of some sort. If you disagree and think that posting the same thing over and over does help in any way, feel free to do so. Me, personally, from my pov, imho don't believe it helps fixing the problem or getting rid of the disappointment, but if anybody thinks it does, do your worst. ;)
    As before, just don't expect a reasonable answer if you're not being reasonable yourself, because...well, what goes around, comes around.

That being said, investigations are ongoing and as soon as there's a potential fix ready for public release, you will hear more from the devs.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  20. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Look guys , its a lose, lose situation , im trying my hardest not to post much at the moment because im frustrated , well annoyed ... not really im stabby...
    games banjaxed for me too , i am that flashy car or in my case not there at all until i get sprayed across a barrier into T1 being used by half of the pack as a braking zone
    and its a nightmare ; i can add the 10 or so other annoying bugs that we are discussing aswell but the issue isnt that ; to fix it you have to find it and to find it you have to test then tweak and test and coffee lots coffee.
    swapping logs and getting people in together and getting there logs ...
    So what to do , well we can rip each other apart , i can start posting queefing dogs butts , (i miss Msportdan , he would be so happy here at this moment)
    or with each post if you have an issue zip up the server log with as many of the other guys game log and post it in here with a summary , and maybe we will find whats up quicker

hate you all
    fluff and rainbows

Andi

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1