BAN for Aline Senna on multiplayer race !!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deni Kremer, Apr 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Well written, I think this has merit but still may be hard to do based on not everyone having the ability to provide proof, the idea, in my mind, warrants further discussion though to figure out if we as a community can figure out a way to make it work.
    #InPowellWeTrust lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    It has the kind of mainstream appeal that the other PC sims don't and that's for no other reason than it's graphical strength. Therefore it's naturally going to attract the Forza/Gran Turismo fan - dare I say the more casual racer (my background too).

I don't want to comment too much on pCARS. I've not played it and won't be buying it until a demo or trial is available.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I won't be buying it period.... My PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements lol :(

4. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure you're in good company there. R3E looks great to me anyway so who needs pCARS.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly what I meant to say lol

• Like Like x 1
  6. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Please don't forget that S3S is the developer, not the publisher. Stuff like baning players might be out of their reach.

Maybe all of this solves itself as soon as the dedicated servers are out for the community to use them. One can hope that there will be a possibility of a ban-/blacklist. Accounts like the one everybody is talking about here will be on most blacklists rightaway. ;)

7. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    What Richard Powell said might be a good way to go about it.
    Having a committee assist in reviewing complaints might ease the process for Sector3.
    As mentioned earlier Votekick function has downsides. Dedicated servers with ban/blacklist will solve this problem for us who race on them sure, but the problem will still remain in the public MP servers.

Lets say (in theory) I decide to wreak havoc on the public MP servers, I persistently join all the F2P content and crash everyone.
    Lets say someone new tries out the game and they get this experience, some idiot just constantly crashing every car he sees.
    I alone could be responsible for turning customers away from this game, or atleast giving them a very negative first impression, making them more inclined to say "fuck this game" rather than "id like to purchase more content"

As mentioned before yes the R3E community is quite small atm, we only have a handful of people behaving this way (so far) but the damage that even 1 of these players can have on MP/Community first impressions is enormous.
    It seems there is no easy solution to this, an objective mature committee sounds reasonable and might work/help, but this also adds other complications.
    "Hoping" that these types of players instead turn to other games in this genre isnt a solution at all, its just hope ^^

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Well we`re living in times where the packaging and the PR around the packaging is more important than the actual content ("Give me some new colorful sensations, I`m already bored from the last one !!")...that might explain a lot too....;)

9. GearGrinder

GearGrinder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Another possible solution to this problem could be instead of having a kick/vote feature, the first player who joins the server is given Admin status and has the ability to kick other players without a vote. Thoughts?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Sure, I'm not blaming Sector3 in any way. I appreciate the difficulty of the situation and the potential grey areas around issuing bans and such like, something that may be out of their jurisdiction.

11. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    hi,I never had a problem with him/her(can't even remember to saw that Driver on a Race track where I was).Of course I am against Driver's that are destroying Races from other People.Talking and understanding the motivation of such People would take too long.I was driving yesterday at Nürburgring with the ADAC 2014 and there was another terrible crasher.I've made a short Video but I'm not sure if I should post it here or open a new thread.

Btw I was testing Iracing shortly one Year ago or so(didn't like it somehow).They took my Realname and Adress out of the Bank-account/Paypal.As far as I understand you can not have a Nickname for Iracing.Together with the Racing classes that you have to get makes it really hard for crasher's.And you are paying for it.If they Ban you 3 months that you Paid for,that hurts.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  12. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I like the idea of admins..

Like 10 regular MP-users (maybe betatesters or well-know members) who get the possibility to warn/kick players immediately if they are causing chaos.. As mentioned those who wreck on purpose in raceroom are very little in number (A. Senna and maybe one or two more).. So the task wont be that huge..

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. nickfox2003

nickfox2003 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

I think you have this wrong this place needs more people to race on MP. I would also say the comment about Forza/GT being casual racers this is very untrue. i have come from gt where we have very serious leagues and the most clean races so this is unfair to say that. all games have a share of casual players or who have less time even on here.
    In my opinion i have come across these wrecker in many games and they tend to only do what done to them! but some just for the hell of it. you aren't going to stop this sort of thing! until you have room where you can host and kick. also a live feed so you can watch what people are doing in practice and qualify.

look this is still being worked on and the guys I'm sure will come up with a solution!

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  14. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    It wasn't a slur on casual racers as that's my background too and I still consider myself a casual racer due to lack of time. I both organised and took part in organised racing in GT and Forza and had great experiences. The point I tried to make (badly) is the casual audience is much bigger than the sim community therefore you are more likely to find wreckers/griefers/trollers in games that appeal to a more mainstream user base.

Sorry, not trying to be snobby or anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. nickfox2003

nickfox2003 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Ah okay i get you. :)
    but no matter what system you are on this will happen, yes more so on consoles but you have function to deal with that and to fair this game also look for the casual gamer! do they not have a controller you can buy for this game so surly they are asking for this sort of player.
    As for me I'm a casual gamer but when it comes to racing there is no casual about it. I like clean hard racing but fair and not to forget the enjoyment side of close racing and getting the most out of oneself!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  16. 5wordfish

5wordfish New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that was pretty... erm... funny. Although I feel a little ashamed for ramming her off the track in the same race after she rammed some of our community and nearly hit me.

Another very nice example:

(starting at 17:10)
    She came out of nowhere, from 2 seconds behind. But man, what a crash. I didn't understand why she did it in that situation as she really raced fair the whole race.

Oh, btw: glad that you like our vids :D

Really looking forward to Dedi servers although it won't solve the actual problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    OFF TOPIC @5wordfish I speak about 2 words in German and barely understand you in your films, but I find myself laughing and being very entertained every time. Great Stuff!

Back On Topic...Prime example right there

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    No attempt to brake, in fact looks like he/she/it was on the gas all the way......the fuck indeed! I too also enjoy your videos mate, keep them coming.

19. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
    She is fast, and she is very good in defense. Very aggressive and in some way it’s very cool.
    Racing spirit!

BUT when she LOSES her position to Vis-à-vis.

She starts consciously killing you in the 1st gear chicane @ Suzuka and after on finish line.

Observing such behavior all the time.
    By the way, Djordjevic unfair too.

Contacts during the race it is normal situation.
    But when it’s harassment – it’s totally annoying and destroys the joy!

However, I have finished at higher position which was obtained in justice! :D

2015-04-22_00004.jpg 2015-04-22_00026.jpg
    2015-04-22_00022.jpg 2015-04-22_00020.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  20. skeno

skeno Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    she just joined a group 5 race at brands hatch and chatted "beware of blast" when she joined, later when she crashed into one of her victims she wrote "surprise", at the end she was 7 laps behind me ...

this was the results of the race:
    2015-04-22_00001.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.