ravey1981's Recent Activity

1. ravey1981 rated [RWB] FxUK's post Agree in the thread FOV (Field of View) if you don't have triples, ONE computer screen is just fine.

I think this video does a great job at explaining it: [MEDIA]

Jan 22, 2019 at 6:53 PM
  2. ravey1981 rated milewski.lukasz's post Agree in the thread Ideas And Suggestions! (features and game mechanics).

That and a cool down lap at the end. I hate the way races end now, just bang! Thats it over, i really like to just cruise round the...

Jan 22, 2019 at 6:21 PM
  3. ravey1981 rated fufsgfen's post Agree in the thread FOV (Field of View) if you don't have triples, ONE computer screen is just fine.

Oh, I'm awfully late for wonderfully heated discussion, but anyways I'm person that likes to draw things out, so here are stuff you have...

upload_2019-1-22_19-5-57.png Jan 22, 2019 at 6:11 PM
  4. ravey1981 replied to the thread FOV (Field of View) if you don't have triples, ONE computer screen is just fine.

As a rule when setting up any screen of any size. Your eyes should be horizontal to the exact centre of the screen (or centre screen if...

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:50 PM
  5. ravey1981 rated RWB Charger's post Agree in the thread FOV (Field of View) if you don't have triples, ONE computer screen is just fine.

That's probably as a lot of console players kick back and chill on a couch while playing on a 60" screen 6 feet away so they increase...

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:47 PM
  6. ravey1981 replied to the thread FOV (Field of View) if you don't have triples, ONE computer screen is just fine.

If it's in the 45 Deg region it's still using vertical, the game knows the resolution of your 3 screens combined and works out what to...

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:45 PM
  7. ravey1981 replied to the thread FOV (Field of View) if you don't have triples, ONE computer screen is just fine.

Totally, regarding sense of speed, I find that those that come from a console/gaming background expect the world to fly by but those who...

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:42 PM
  8. ravey1981 replied to the thread FOV (Field of View) if you don't have triples, ONE computer screen is just fine.

I apologise. Difficult to debate over a forum. The point is you can get proper FOV on a big screen, yes you don't have the width of...

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:33 PM
  9. ravey1981 replied to the thread FOV (Field of View) if you don't have triples, ONE computer screen is just fine.

[MEDIA] There you go, proper FOV on a 42" screen at around 600mm. You can argue the toss all you want but you're still wrong

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:28 PM
  10. ravey1981 replied to the thread FOV (Field of View) if you don't have triples, ONE computer screen is just fine.

FOV has nothing, NADA, sod all to do with aspect ratio. How many times???

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:20 PM
  11. ravey1981 replied to the thread FOV (Field of View) if you don't have triples, ONE computer screen is just fine.

It's no different to having a triple setup other than you get to see more of the top and bottom of the cockpit with the 60". The...

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:19 PM
  12. ravey1981 rated RWB Charger's post Disagree in the thread FOV (Field of View) if you don't have triples, ONE computer screen is just fine.

What I am saying is aspect ratio is fixed, yes you can bring things closer but it's relative, if you bring a smaller screen closer and a...

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:07 PM
  13. ravey1981 rated [RWB] FxUK's post Agree in the thread FOV (Field of View) if you don't have triples, ONE computer screen is just fine.

It's true that two screens of different sizes (24" vs say 60") at the same distance from the eye allow for different fov's, the larger...

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:07 PM
  14. ravey1981 replied to the thread FOV (Field of View) if you don't have triples, ONE computer screen is just fine.

Of course it's the same FOV if you move the screen away. What's the point of that? The FOV adjustment is there to change the Field of...

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:06 PM
  15. ravey1981 rated RWB Charger's post Disagree in the thread FOV (Field of View) if you don't have triples, ONE computer screen is just fine.

Not larger FOV though this is what I am trying to say. I used the calculator for these results, 24" screen 16:9, lowest I could get was...

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:02 PM