Question VR, is bloom or light shafts possible?

Dieses Thema im Forum "Community Support" wurde erstellt von ndwthx1138, 26. Dezember 2017.

1. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to access this for VR? Especially the bloom so that brake lights (and the sun) actually light up brightly? Is there a config file hidden somewhere we can access this? Obviously in VR it simply turns off if you select it in the video options

NathanW

2. sixspeed

sixspeed New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just adding to this. Surprised there aren't more threads about it, and can't find any other mention.

I've been trying to setup R3E with my Vive Pro, and noticed that I cannot set the Bloom or Lightshafts settings to 'On' when I'm playing in VR. Is there any reason for this? They're not unrealistic effects to be adding in a VR situation, and don't have much of an FPS hit.

3. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I'm going to assume it's due to the elderly engine, and those things don't play nicely with the dual rendering needed.

I not too fussed overall, but brake lights (or lack there of) are certainly a pain in RRE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0

Most people have a hard enough time trying to get Raceroom working at 90fps. Even with very strong machines. I’m on a 2080ti and it’s a chore, shadows on lowest, reflections low, and a slew of hoops to jump through. I can’t imagine trying to add any post processing effects.