Problem WTCR 2018 AI Speed around corners

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ValentinoTaylor, Jul 5, 2019.

1. ValentinoTaylor

ValentinoTaylor New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone,
    On a number of tracks, the WTCR 2018 AI is too fast around fast corners, which leads me to often lose around half a second a corner. It feels like the AI cranked to 120 in those corners and back to the regular difficulty again. I'm left in the dust thinking: "Whoa, where did they get that grip and speed?"

There is no point in giving an full list where it occurs, but here are some examples:

- Sepang, T5 and T6
    - Monza, Lesmos (T6 and T7), they even gain speed in Curva Grande despite being a flat corner o_O
    - Nürburgring: Dunlop chicane (AI can pass me in the inside or round the outside whatever I do), they even gain speed in the kinks after Bergwerk
    - Suzuka: the Esses (T2 to T7)
    - Road America: Carousel (issue also with other cars, but quite pronounced with WTCR)
    - Most: T15 to T19

In comparaison, the WTCC 2017 AI doesn't have those issue as much, if at all. In fact, the WTCC 2017 AI is really balanced and is in my opinion how the WTCR AI should be.
    This also means that the adaptive AI is seconds quicker than me, while it works well with other categories.

If you want more examples, or replays, don't hesitate to ask ;)

Thank you and have a nice day :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    It is a known issue and being worked on. Thanks for the report though.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. ValentinoTaylor

ValentinoTaylor New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Sector 3 for working on this :)

My bad if the thread is a bit redundant then :D