FFB problems. FFB goes when reloading a race

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mikeyinstant, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Mikeyinstant

Mikeyinstant New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi and thanks for your time. This problem happens on my Logitech g920 and my Leo Bodnar system so I know it's not either steering system that is at fault. And this only happens to me in Race Room and no other sim. So its something to do with race room or I'm I doing something wrong.

What happens is that when I load up the sim and go into either practice or race session in which ever car or track for the first time all seem good. No FFB problems. However, when I exit that session and then enter another session, be it the same exact combination of car and track or totally different, the FFB is gone from the car only leaving the FFB from curbs, crashes etc. there is no FFB from the wheels of the car, nothing. So what I do is go into FFB setting and change any type of setting by 1 or greater and then resume the session and all is good again, until I exit that session and enter another one having to do the same thing again to regain FFB. Some what annoying.

Anyone have any thoughts on why this happens and if I can correct this?

Many thanks
    mike

2. Mikeyinstant

Mikeyinstant New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm using the demo version by the way from steam. Not sure if this has something to do with it. I'm wanting to purchase some content but not wanting to as this annoyance is putting me off.

3. Gerhard Rautenbach

Gerhard Rautenbach Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I had an instance yesterday as well, but slightly different.
    FFB works fine, but for about 4 seconds (DTM 2016 @ Hungary) all FFB just went dead, and then came back on. Very strange. Didn't experience it again though

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    There is a Key-Combo to reset the FFB while driving in a Session. If I remember right it was Ctrl + F.
    Maybe try this and check if makes a difference...
    Is there any Tool running in the Background that emulates a Controller or any other Controller plugged in your PC?
    Please Check in the Controller-Settings - Maybe when starting the game where FFB is still fine and than again after switching to the second race and check if something has changed inbetween.
    Also check if your Wheel is on ID1 - maybe you can give us a Screenshot of that screen.

5. Mikeyinstant

Mikeyinstant New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    "tool running in the background". By this you mean in windows background? Or in the game?
    The controllers I have plugged in are sequential shifter, handbrake, keyboard, mouse and Leo Bodnar wheel. All these controllers I have put into one profile on Controller settings.

Many thanks

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  6. Mikeyinstant

Mikeyinstant New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    didnt manage to do a screen shot so took a photo. and my wheel is in ID2. how would i change this to ID1_

Attached Files:

7. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I've meant with running in the background of the game - something that might controll your wheel or overwrite the Controller-Settings.

Hm, maybe you can disconnect the Sequential-Shifter while you are in the game. It should disappear in the Controllersettings. After that, check if the Wheel is on ID1. If yes, delete your active Controler-Profile and replug the Shifter. Hopefully the shifter will get a different ID than before. If yes, save the Controler-Profile and configure it again.

8. Mikeyinstant

Mikeyinstant New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    thanks mate. i have done what you suggest and now i have the wheel in ID1 but it has made no difference. i dont have anything running in the background of the game, but i cant see how i could have that anyway. what could possible run in the background?

its the same. i quit the session and then reload and all FFB is there without the FFB from the wheels. all i do is go to feedback settings and adjust some setting by 1 or greater then resume.

9. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Sad to hear that it makes no difference :(
    It's a while back now, but some users had trouble with FFB in comibnation with using the Logitech-Gaming-Software running in the background, which automatically starts with the booting of windows. Something like that would be an example of a program running in the background while playing the game.

hm, have you tried the thing with pressing ctrl + f while you are driving after your FFB from the wheel has gone?

10. Mikeyinstant

Mikeyinstant New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It was about 5 months ago that I was using the logitech wheel. Since then I have done I fresh install of windows 10 coming from windows 7 so there is no trace of Logitech stuff. I have checked thatbtherenis nothing else running apart from steam and Race Room by checking with control, alt and delete. Even quit all anti virus things explorer windows the lot. I've removed controller devices except the Leo bodnar and the HE pro pedals to see if the shifter or handbrake were doing something and its the same.

I tried the control and F to reset FFB but that did nothing and found it is control, alt and F and that brings it back to how it should be. So now I'm don't have to enter into the controls to change something but still it's not right.

I'm wondering if it is the demo version or it's because I'm using steam.

To have come from Logitech wheel and pedals, windows7 with the problem and arriving at Leo Bodnar and HE pedals and windows 10 makes me think it's something in the software of the demo download version or steam.

And help from the devs on this one would be great as im wanting to open my wallet and by a load of race room credits. I didn't really enjoy the sim with the Logitech hardware but can appreciate it now with better equipment.

Thanks for the help mate.

Do you know if I can buy the game outside of steam and download it from sector3 or something to see if it's the demo version or not?

11. m.bohlken

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately there is no way to download or buy the game outside of Steam.
    The version you've downloaded is the full game - not only a Demo-Version. What you have now is the Free-2-Play game, which can be expanded with additional content that you need to buy. In the beginning a bit irritating stuff, but after a few purchases it works like charm and you'll get used to it... and for sure - feel free to ask for some advise here in the forum.

Hm, one thing you might can try (if you haven't done already) - starting the game with admin rights...

12. Mikeyinstant

Mikeyinstant New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How do I start the game with admin rights? Something I've never done before.

13. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    You go to the folder where the executable resides (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game), right click RRRE, and select "Run as administrator".

14. pascal.lafata

pascal.lafata New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Mickeyinstant, I have somewhat the same problem as you. However I just hit "ESC" and press "RESTART" and FFB is back again. I do not have to change any of the FFB settings to get it back. But still somewhat annoying.

15. Mikeyinstant

Mikeyinstant New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Ranger.

Pascal.lafata do you own paid for content or just the free stuff? What devices are you using? Have you tried assigning a shortcut key for "restart"? Maybe you could see if you can regain FFB without having to press ESC. Im going to see if I can change the "reset FFB" from ctrl,alt & F to a single key so that there would be no need to enter into the menu and it would be just a single bottom.

Could be some what less annoying.

16. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    you wont be able ingame to remap that key as its not rebindable; you could do it though by mapping a macro on your keyboard software etc (if you have that option)
    has this always been the case or is this a recent thing , ie last month or so

other things you can try , is moving the usb cables to other ports; just in case one is bugging occasionally

Andi

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  17. maulbongo

maulbongo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
  18. MacaRonny

MacaRonny New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Have the same problem with my Fanatec V2, when I come out of the garage, sometimes I lose the strength of my FFB. Tried everything different kinds off drivers with the firmware and different kind off usb ports, power off and on the wheel make the problem go away, but it comes back after going back in pits for a Copple of times?