App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    k. I suck at this. I pasted the folder where it's supposed to go and fired up the game and didn't hear anything. any suggestions?
    also was playing multi.player today (only like my second time) and never heard my last name in the game as well. as crew chief starts it lists my name (higgs) along with other names but don't hear anything.
    I'm sure it's something I've done. there so many pages on this thread it's hard to root out a solution. my apologies if it's been addressed before.

2. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    it's working now online , although it said my first name and I was expecting my last one. I'm confused, lol.

3. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    The last names only work when telling you about other cars. It would sound weird if your engineer called you "Smith" or whatever. Also, it needs so sound less robotic - just adding a name sound to existing messages isn't good enough here, it sounds robotic and weird. So the personalisations are a separate mini-sound pack for each name, so the discontinuity is less distracting when the app uses your name along with other sounds. Each sound in this mini sound pack has your name combined with some other word / words, so it flows more naturally

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    ok, thanks . Great addition , I had a laugh last night when my chief said ,ok rich, don't f#$k this up !! I didn't listen well....;)

5. marcoscavaleiro

marcoscavaleiro New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Hello, how are you?
    Im love your app, and i see you have the source code ( im an developer too)
    I want to know if you plan to developer something like plugins for crewchief..
    im asking this, because i will develop an dashmeter based on arduino and i'm thinking to use crewchief to read the data ( if you allow)
    but everytime you update i will have to insert my code and release my version..

6. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Does he only call you by your name In races? He didn't call me Jim during practice. Does the name calling work in ams as well? Cheers

7. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Crew chief stopped working a few days ago. I would try to load it, and nothing would happen. So I tried loading it while watching it on task manager. It would appear for about one second then fail. so I uninstalled it then re-installed it from my download directory. Then it would load, respond to me, but had no information from the game. So I loaded the latest update, hoping that might fix it. And it went back to crashing during loading. So I uninstalled it again deleted my previous download, and downloaded it again. Only to get the same results as before. I'm running windows 8.1, and have been all along, I have changed nothing in my system. The only thing I did differently was try to use in AMS, and thats when it went down on me. It didnt work in ams at all. And hasn't worked since. Just kinda letting you know and hoping to find a solution.

Thanks in advance
    Gregoryleo

8. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    That's weird - it's working fine here. There should be an error message in your windows event log - go to the application event log and look for some C# or .Net errors and post the text here.

You could try deleting the [user]AppData/local/Britton IT Ltd folder, which will reset the app to default.

Another possibility is that the windows speech recognition installation has been damaged - sometimes is partially uninstalls itself for special secret Microsoft reasons

9. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    What is the latest vs at the moment? as it seems it's had no updates for quite awhile.

10. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    @mr_belowski please

11. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Latest version is 4.4.something

There's no difference between the personalisations behaviour in race seasons or practice sessions. If you're not getting personalised messages in practice sessions it's probably because the messages which have personalisations are less common in practice sessions.

Personalisations work in all games in the same way

12. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I've installed it to the letter prefix in sounds but he won't call me Jim!!

13. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    OK that fixed it. Thanks Bro.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    So you have the
    [user]/AppData/local/CrewChiefV4/sounds/prefixes_and_suffixes/
    Folder, which contains the 6 subfolders?

15. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Yes I do Jim

16. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    When you start the app it should say something like "300 sounds have personalisations", does it? There's a min_time_between_personalised_messages - this should be 30 or 60 seconds

17. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    No I don't get that message

18. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    so you don't see this in the console?

20:19:31.034 : Prepare voice message completed
    20:19:31.034 : Finished preparing sounds cache, loaded 3076 single sounds and 567 sound sets, with 359 active SoundPlayer objects
    20:19:31.034 : 130 sounds have personalisations
    20:19:31.034 : Reading driver name mappings

19. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    here's my sounds folder layout

What version of the app are you using? The latest is 4.4.3.4 i think

Attached Files:

20. jimortality

Ratings: