VR when ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by michaelc51, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Obizzz

Obizzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Nice to hear it's on it's way. The way my rig is setup these days I don't even have a monitor to race on so it's VR only for me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mustangmarauder

Mustangmarauder New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Can't wait to play this with my Rift! I generally have no problems with my VR legs, but No Limits 2 Roller Coaster Simulation is a challenge every time.

3. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    My first practice sessions (Assetto Corsa & Iracing) made me a bit dizzy and I couldn’t drive longer than 20-30min without feeling a bit sick. It took me 2 weeks to get accustomed to VR but now I don’t want to miss it anymore. Even crazy manoeuvres in space in Elite are no problem anymore. :)

4. Obizzz

Obizzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    The first day I got my rift I had to play around with lots of stuff so I probably spent 5-6 hours in the rift the first day.
    The day after i put it on for 10 minutes, felt sick and weird for the rest of the day to the point I had to lay down in bed for a couple of hours and just sleep to reset my brain.

After resting a full day without VR it was all fine again and I haven't had any issues since.

5. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    TODAY!!!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Would love to hear about how it is in R3E so far. For the first time I'm actually considering purchasing a VR headset

7. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
  8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    It's system heavy, and still needs optimization.
    But it's Awesome!!
    And running on low on most settings still looks good enough.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    It is awesome, needs some optimization for sure, but if you play a bit with the settings, it runs pretty damn good.
    Some important things:
    - before you fire up the game first time, make sure you get rid of the old graphic settings file, it should be in your documents folder under my games/simbin/raceroom/userdata, so you can start with the default settings
    - dont mess with general graphics settings (res, fov, vsync, etc.), it seems, they are not valid for vr at this point so no meaning
    - turn AA off - basic rule, no vr game should run with AA on, it will look bad, and eats performance, use supersampling instead
    - turn reflections low - you not gonna see them anyways because of the resolution and screendoor
    - particles low (or medium) same as reflections
    - track animations off - doesn't do much, but in vr you will need all the processing pwr, so don't waste it on this
    - track detail - medium should do the trick, you are driving not siteseeing
    - car detail - medium should be enough (i use it on high tho)
    - motion blur - off, it is gonna be blury enough without that
    - make sure you bind keys for VR seat reset and seat move

guess thats it, i have i5-4670k on default freq, oc 1070 gtx, Oculus cv1, vr 2.2, in steamvr performance tab all turned off, suggest to minimize steamvr before you fire up the game otherwise it will messing with the mousepointer in game. in the menus and loading screens i experience some judder, but in the car it is smooth.

oh and 1 more advice, close your eyes when you hit the finish line, it is like a kick in the stomach as it switches camera

tested on Bathurst, Laguna Seca, Silverstone

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  10. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Looking forward to try R3E in VR, as since I started using VR, non VR driving lost all appeal to me.

11. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom was my main sim for years (since they started the project) drove 10.000+ hours, but when vr came out, i just couldnt drive on flats anymore, was really waiting for this update, now im back on track.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I have not been able to use it yet, I entered -vr in launch, but have not yet found a way to set the asynchronous. Working on it.:)

Edit: ok got it to work, but even with video on low I have severe stuttering, not sure why it works very well with AC and PCars.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017