MANDATORY???? pit stops!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts), Jan 23, 2017.

1. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts) Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Man they have to fix this!
    couple of days ago , I did a 20 min zandavort 92 dtm busy online race.

After a good qualifying session and start I spent most of the race at least 6 seconds from the opposition, at the pitstop I changed only the rear tyres and no fuel so it was as quick as can be.
    After a couple of laps I was still in 2nd, gradually I cought up with him and battled for the position I already earned!, luckily he was clean and I took him on the last couple of turns!
    The race results showed him in 2nd!! I have the replay, he did not pit!

We have to have something which penalises or shames the offenders as it now makes me think twice about mandatory pit races, it's a shame as it's a great feature.

I only noticed as I was way out in front, it may be happening all the time mid pack.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Hello!

Are you positive the server you were on had rules / flag rules enabled?

Do you remember the name of that server?

If you do not perform a pitstop during a race with mandatory pitstop and flag rules enabled, then you should indeed get penalized.

3. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    I noticed this a few weeks ago. I never noticed if flag rules were enabled tho. If this is happening because the flag rules aren't enabled, there should be some indication of the settings after we enter the server. I know it shows the settings for each server before you enter, but after you get on server, there's no way to check. Flag Rules are not important to me since I drive the same way no matter what they are, so i don't pay much attention to that in the server list. So when the race starts and i see the pits are open message, i pit. I think some confusion would be avoided if the settings were listed with the length of time in Session Info.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Posted about this ages ago in the suggestions thread i think, session info should be that, server name and all settings to do with it, along with relevant time and rule information.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the responses, sorry I can't remember the server name or the rules, I never look at that to be honest, the word mandatory made me think they were mandatory regardless of the rules, I mainly look only to make sure it's a get real race and not raceroomraceway with slhorlette! Lol

6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Its the same with penalties. Slow down or drive-through will not be on if the flags are off.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. VinPetrol (Vinny Roberts)

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thanks
    In future I will make sure to check the flags and rules before joining a pit race :)