Released 25-01-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    25-01-2017

What’s New (Summary)

• First pass of VR support

• Leaderboard divisions.

• Multiplayer Browser Revamp.

• Manual Pitstops in Get Real.

• AI Stress factor.

• All DTM seasons updated to latest physics.

• Silverstone and Stowe.

Game:

• Added a first pass of support for OpenVR. Read more about it HERE.

• Fixed an issue where turning the virtual wheel in vehicle settings on/off would not apply in game until session restart.

• Tweaks to Memory usage of Instant Replays and changed so instant replays always request 300 seconds length. Memfiles are now written to disk when becoming too large.

• Player is now allowed to pit in non race sessions (to practice pitstops, change tires, refuel…). Before, the player would automatically be brought to garage menu after entering pitlane.

• Fixed issue with timing on single lap layouts (ie Nordschleife Tourist) when starting from garage in non race sessions.

• Fixed issue with best individual sector times being calculated incorrectly.

• Fixed a case where enabling Manual Depth of Field mode wouldn’t always lock the focus plane on the currently selected car

• Fixed AI pitting in last lap on certain occasions by adding precision to calculations for refuelling.

• Fixed incorrect stance for certain cars, fixed this for replays as well now.

• Updated the Fanatec SDK to version 2.2

• Added support for Fanatec CSL and added a default profile.

• Moved the message area used for displaying current camera, chat messages etc. down a bit so they don't overlap with the text field that displays which leaderboard division the player is in.

• Fixed issue with mouse steering resetting to zero position when looking left/right in cockpit & hood cams.

• Fixed an issue with race position overlay sometimes missing entries if they get processed in the wrong order.

• Fixed an issue where player would see pit lane speed window when off track on certain areas.

• Fixed an issue in timing screen where multiple entries of the same driver would appear.

• Minor tweaks and fixes to protocol that communicates to backend and web to support the additional data in the MP browser.

• Fixed DQ on late penalties being treated as it was ON when it was OFF.

• The Pit menu and Pit In Now overlays should now be hidden when restarting a non race session.

• Fixed an issue where cars could remain ghosted after receiving a slow-down penalty

• Fixed a crash occuring when game attempted to save pit presets on certain occasions.

• Fixed a rendering issue with cars that would occur when changing visual preset from low to custom and changing shadows from off to lowest.

Multiplayer:

• Fixed issue with the dedicated server writing a backend log file in the wrong folder when too many liveries were allowed on the server.

• Fixed an issue in timing screen where multiple entries of the same driver would appear.

Sounds, Cameras, Physics & AI:

• Introduced “Stress factor” for AI. AI’s can now be pushed into making mistakes when under pressure. Likelihood of those mistakes increases from being chased and from collisions.

• Improved AI awareness of opponents on their sides.

• When two AI’s are side by side reaching a braking point, one will brake 3% earlier and the other 2% later, depending on longitudinal position and relative speeds

• Increased awareness for AI when under blue flag and upon leaving pitlane for incoming traffic

• Punctures : occurrence of tire punctures are now tied to wheel rotation speed rather than vehicle speed.

• Reduced the bouncing of certain cars upon spawning in their garage location.

• Fixed a case that would cause 4WD cars to run with differentials wide open

• Fixed a case where DRS could disengage when driving over bumps

• Audi TT Cup and TT RS VLN : Added rear downforce to AI cars to keep them more stable in high speed weight transfers where they are often caught losing control. Tweaked AI versus players collisions to be more fair to the player

• DTM : Ported 2016 physics and sounds to all past seasons of the DTM.

• GTR 3 : AI update, Improved standing starts for all cars, AI versus player collisions tweak to be more fair to the player

• Mercedes C63 DTM 2016 : Fixed the noisy suspensions and increased engine volume

• Raceroom FR3 : updated sounds

• RedBull Ring GP : Cut rules update for more strict rules

Art:

• Chang: Adjusted IBL to match the new light setting

• Zandvoort : fixed missing terrain, fixed missing generics, fixed terrain normals, redone sets for generics/audience, swapped 2d audience with latest models, fixed underpass shadow on track

• Alpina B6 : Fixed incorrect windscreen banners in certain liveries.

Portal & Backend:

• Revamped Multiplayer Browser.

• Implemented Leaderboard Divisions. Leaderboards with over 100 entries will now divide into divisions.

• Added thumbnail support to MP Browser. Dedi admins can now upload their custom image to represent their servers (PS: Servers with offensive images will be removed.)

• Fixed some scrolling issues in certain sections of portal.

• Fixed an issue where clicking the race button in MP browser while it is greyed out would lock the game.

• Like Like x 28
    • Love it! Love it! x 13
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Woaw, that patch was unexcpeted

HOLY SHIT FREE CONTENT!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  3. Jani1980

Jani1980 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    E Games on dedi Server not working!

4. wozdecky

wozdecky Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    nice job guys
    keep goin'
    r3e #1

5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Indy C... I mean Formula US is also included in files.

No signs of Volvo, new GT3s or Swedish tracks for now.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Oh yes!
    Good work :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Still no planed xinput support for Xbox One Controllers? Thanks.

Edit: Great, can't wait to try the fixed Audi GTO if the open differential fix is related to it.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  8. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Is P2P in multiplayer still disabled?

9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Probably explained somewhere, but what's Stowe? Is that a split off version of Silverstone for free users or something?

10. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    It is a test track in the infield of Silverstone and free for everyone.

11. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
  12. Oliver Augst

Oliver Augst Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    great great job guys. with VR is a perfect experience

13. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    with the update to fanatec sdk 2.2 will we see any changes to the clubsport feedback/usage ?

14. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Bought the whole shabang yesterday. Did some rounds on Zandvoort yesterday. And just did some laps on Zandvoort. Much more crowded and looks great! Further I'm a bit of a noob rediscovering the joys of sim racing, but the immersive aspect of R3E over other titles which I played last few weeks is just... wow! And after the patch today, again a little more wow! Keep up the great work!

• Like Like x 9
  15. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    AI Stress factor sounds very interesting. Interested to hear from users if they are noticing it in work.

16. Mtze_h3h3

Mtze_h3h3 Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    does this stress-factor thing also impact adaptive ai in already running championships?

17. Bergaufbremser

Bergaufbremser Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    So far I like the update but I miss one thing: I can not see the game mode (get real / amateur) of a server in the server browser without clicking on it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  18. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic, great job, really looking forward to giving this update a try :)

One step closer to buying a rift

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Dunno if it's the new AI changes or the combos I've been running but the FR3 at Silverstone followed by Zandvoort turned out to be some of the best offline racing I've had in a long time. Job well done I'd say.

20. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Compliments on the Silverstone track, I must say I think it is a superb recreation. A work of visual art again, and drives very well, and depicts the place very detailed. Excellent job done there! The last Chang track (or where it was) did not catch my attention with its layout, honestly said, but this one surely does.

One word on the manual boxing, I missed my box when trying it first and so endd up on the track doing another lap again. I realised that on this lap I had no mirrors, no gauges, and could not look left and right. This should be changed.

Too early to comment on AI, I just have not had enough time. Just had to get off my praise for Silverstone. Really well done!

• Agree Agree x 1