Released Group 5 Class update

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Same here, (Group 5) AI piles up at the first chicane at Salzburg. Sometimes funny to see when it is just one car and it bumps into the tyres again and again and again instead of goeing backwards :)

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I know this may be late, but this is reported. Hopefully the devs can take a look at this soon and fix/improve it.

From my testing there, and from what I recall previously... T1/T2 at Salzburgring is a very tricky place for the AI. It is a pretty narrow path through there and sometimes the AI likes to go 2 wide or even 3 wide through that section, which causes problems.

Other tracks have this same sort of issue in specific spots... so it is always something the devs can try to improve on to make the AI more competent and provide better races.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Would be great to give the AI ability to use reverse gear, when they get stuck to long, now they don't.... Tested that by simply standing in the way for a AI car forcing it to stop all it did was pushing the throttle to the floor over and over until it timed out and got auto respawned to the pit again...
    That is something to I want to se go away in the game, the forced back to pit just because a car is stuck or broke it shuld be the users choice to go in to the pit not the game.. :D happy racing :D

4. Klaus-Peter Köthke

Klaus-Peter Köthke New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello everyone
    I drive really liked the Gr.5 cars but somehow lacking as yet which, for example the BMW 3.0 CSL Gr.5
    see links.

I hope that there's something coming

5. soul_talk

soul_talk New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    One thing is certain: months ago, I bought a number of cars that I liked.
    Today these cars are significantly different.
    I appreciate the various improvements, but I also find completely unfair to change the character of the car, which I bought because I tryied and liked it.
    Not only they made technical improvements (more accurate ffb feeling), it was significantly changed the character of the cars, which now no longer have for me the same charm.
    Again, this way of acting, is commercially unfair.
    I'll keep account for future purchases, this is certain.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I understand your logic, but to follow it would halt all progress in improving the game.

Because the fact is, every change will be disliked by someone, somewhere. The universal rule of "you can't please everyone" is not something that should prevent the devs from updating the game.

Sometimes things are just tough luck, not always someone trying to pull the rug out.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    One thing to keep in mind with those cars after the update, is that you have to take the fuel weight into account.
    For a more lively car lower the amount of fuel in the tank.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. soul_talk

soul_talk New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Remove the turbo kick is not an improvement, it is completely transform the car.
    it is inconceivable that such cars are struggling to skid even in first gear.
    Imagine buying your pretty little white house.
    After a few months, the workers arrive and repaint your beloved house in purple, because they consider this an improvement.
    You would take it well?
    Not me, for sure.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  9. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I hear you. However I think what most people get wrong from driving simulators is that all cars should feel like they are on plastic tires and oversteer/understeer like crazy. The harder to drive the more realistic.

With no initial boost and massive slick tires I would like to think that Gr.5 cars don't spin their tires too much from stand still. In game when you hit boost the car wants to kill you. I feel like this is somewhat spot on and having driven past DRM mods the cars in R3E are much more enjoyable.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  10. soul_talk

soul_talk New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I never been a fun of this theory, but also the opposite thought is totally unrealistic.
    The fact that a monster equipped with 600 / 800cv struggling to let slip two big slick, is not physically credible, sorry.
    The DRM mod was excessive, but even these Gr.5 are excessive, in the opposite direction.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    The turbo boost is not removed, just altered. It's still very possible to kick out the rear end if you're not careful when it kicks in.

You're comparing a house to software. You purchased a license to use the software. The makers of the software have right to change it in this agreement. I'm sure if we actually read it (I didn't, don't expect you to either) there is something about "stuff might change". And this ignores the fact that the game has been in beta forever, further justifying extensive changes. But lets cast that aside, because no software should be in beta this long. Assuming it's a proper 1.0 release, under the license agreement, you own the right to use the software, not any particular version of the software in a specific state.

Again it's unfortunate for those that don't like the changes, but far from anything that should be reprimanded. Fair use.

• Like Like x 1
  12. soul_talk

soul_talk New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No problem guys, I will avoid other future disappointments, not buying new DLC for this game.
    Pretty simple!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Oh you will miss a lot of fun :)
    IndyCars and Volvo S60 Polestar TC1 here I come :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I'm with you, when I bought this pack these cars had a soul, now they are normal cars, but this is a good deal for pad users, it's a little bit difficult to control a real turbo kick with a little mushroom forward/back. And what about the Chevy with 900 CV? a kick down in 1st gear should leave rubber on the tarmac for 30 meters

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Well I say as I done multiple times about the Gr.5 cars change the gearbox ratio and you get back your spinning start if that is what you want.. I have no problem spinning them from 1 thrugh to 3 gear from a stand still and then going of track for I spun too much... So maybe start going through the car setting before having a issue about how they work is a good thing.. First thing I do after a update is to max out setting one way then the other way to see what change and then find somewhere in between that suit my driving... simple as that.
    Don't make it harder than it have to be and don't expect every thing to suit your driving in default setup. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I dont see the sense for IndyCars, without the matching tracks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    We don't exactly have the American circuits but, Indy Cars do race on road and street circuits too, we have plenty of them. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    gr5(except chevys) were sterilised to appeal to more buyers.Unexplained/unnatural behaviour is gone but so is some of the drama u would except from a 70s 800 kilo 600hp turbo beast .A very controversial update for me but still having fun with them.Maybe adjustable diffs would help bring more of the fun back

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    From what they said, default setups are made, so the car is as stable as possible. I didn't mess with it too much with setup on Group5s, but i was trying lots of things with Mustang GTO in which i managed to finish in Top20 in competition on Mid Ohio, which is waaay higher than where i usually end up. Recently i loaded this setup for current competition on Laguna Seca and after running couple of laps on default, it was barely driveable for me at first, due to massive oversteering and low traction on exits. So yeah, you can lots of thing just by dialing setup.

Yes, we have but driving Ind... Formula RaceRoom US on German circuits won't be feeling right, just as driving Mustang GTO on Hockenheim feels wrong. Imagine if we would have plenty of American tracks and S3S decides to release DTM Pack.

20. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    sorry but there is not so much to do with setup in this context, this is a video with a 1st gear shortened, the reality is that there is any turbokick anymore, the engine goes up progressively
    I remember quite well how much fun I had with Ford Capri exiting the corners fighting against the turbokick, under some circustances the tires were skidding in 3rd gear... far sweat memories. Now I take more fun with DTM cars.
    Real...not real...I don't know for sure, in my opinion the first version was more close to the real, but it's only a my opinion of course...anyway for sure at this condition I woudn't still buy the GR5 pack