Released 25-01-2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Does it says the friend name like before?

2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    November 15 patch.
    "It is now impossible to disable autoclutch aid on sequential gearbox’d cars."

Dunno why.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    First and foremost I checked out aerodynamic behaviour/DRS with DTM 16 and I just wanna say thank you @Sector3 for fixing that "DRS Issue" with the latest patch - right to the start of our DTM season with VR. Now the cars behave like they should, activating DRS makes sense again and you hardly will get an advantage with low wing settings now, which also makes it much more pleasant to drive against AI as well. Unclouded fun to drive that beasts again....
    Had some time to practice at Silverstone, International Layout, feels really great with DTM and, yes, together with all other tweaks , fixes & smooth implementation(manual pitstop, Serverlobby with detailed info a.s.o) : nice job guys ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. PLM_Docteur

PLM_Docteur Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    This update is better than the last two :). Thank you for your work ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, December Patch grudges were yesterday....:)

6. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I agree colission is what makes me never race Ai anymore. But if i remeber right its not the same for all car. The colision physic is crazy bad one small tap on the rear and off you start spinning on opposite direction than the contact should have made you spun.
    Disappointed to hear its not fixed :*(

7. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    as far as im concerned it works fine , been racing Ai solid for the last week or so with this build , nothing abnormal with contacts etc in fact better than ever in tin tops , never once did i hit an Ai from behind and be sent spinning off in some weird and funky redefinition of the basic laws of physics ..;
    some cars have moved on there Ai percentage levels and some tracks too , but all in all the Ai still has one or two issues buti dont think close racing and contacts are them

Andi

8. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I made a test today at Silverstone. GT3 - Adaptive KI - the turned me 2 times around. Two times in Brooklands. 1 time in Quali and 2nd in race as i led the field.

9. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Record the video of the contact.
    @Andi Goodwin
    I have given up on it a while back. Maybe i should give it another go.

10. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't seem to be issue in NSU

11. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Of those 5-6 races twice I got spun from the slightest contact with an AI car, one of which was a car behind me touching my left rear coming out of a slow right hander. How this makes sense I've no idea.

In theory this makes sense, coming out of a right hand turn all the cars weight would be on the left side so if you got hit on the left in a rwd car it would break traction. If the car used locked difs the inside right tire would catch and most likely spin you to the right.

12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    i find a lot of people tend to believe the Ai will react calmly to you cutting there nose of , changing lines at the last moment etc , it doesnt , but they will run side by side with you if you race and give room , ive done bathurst from T1 until forest elbow at 118% with an Ai running side by side and one stuck on my bumper , slight rubbing as it got tight but no more than that
    as for posting a video , absolutely , but just one thing if you could ask my ISP to actually give me bandwidth capable of uploading something ;)

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    No no i meant to @Eisprinzessin to upload a video of the incidents.

14. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    What was the issue and what did they do?
    The DTM 2016's DRS seemed to work very well for me against the AI before the patch. I hope they didn't weaken it or something...

15. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    I am glad they did tweak it.....prior to the update it disabled over bumps, some times unstable when engaged and you could run faster with low aero than when drs was enabled :)

16. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I dont have it any more. Sorry. Next time maybe.

17. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I've only tried the NSU, but I have the impression that AI car collisions are much more realistic now. It's actually quite possible to regain control without spinning after the occasional contact. Might just be placebo because the AI is generally even better now, so it's only my undocumentable impression after the patch. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    ok....so not exactly a massive sample size but just ran a race at hockenheim against the AI and after 20 mins i had by far the least tyre wear...all cars had tyres in the yellow, i only had one the front left. is anyone else noticing this or is it just my driving ??

19. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I'll post the replay from the 1992 DTM races I did later this evening.

I tried the GTO classics and contact seemed better, although one car did squeeze me in the tire bundle at the last hairpin at Sonoma while I was completely on the inside. Will post that as well.

20. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Today i had al little struggle to train the adaptive AI with GT3 on the Mustang and Oschersleben. The fastest driver of the AI is as fast as the guy leading the leaderboard (1.26.xxx) and much faster than me. As i remember the adaptive AI was way slower when you begin train them.
    Same with my TT-Cup Championchip, in the last two races the AI seems to drive the TT RS. Top ten was not possible. In the first 5 races i was Top 3. And when they are way faster than you than the race is more like a publicserver with CoD-Kiddies.

Is this my fault or a bug or a new feature?

But after they had my speed it was fun. It was a pleasure to watching two AI battleing each other:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1