GTR3 Announced

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Rodger Davies, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I think GTR3 will concentrate on GT3 racing. A Blancpain GT Series 2017 license would be great.

9 Cars:
    Audi R8 LMS, BMW M6 GT3, Porsche 911 GT3 R, Mercedes AMG GT3, Ferrari 488 GT3, Lamborghini Huracan GT3, Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3, Bentley Continental GT3, McLaren 650S GT3,

10 Tracks:
    Paul Ricard, Misano, Monza, Brands Hatch, Silverstone, Zolder, Spa Franchorchamps, Budapest, Nürburgring, Barcelona

Maybe later there'll be an endurance racing addon with:
    24h Nürburgring, 24h Spa Franchorchamps, 12h Bathurst, 24h Dubai, 24h Le Mans, 24h Daytona

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Quite an... interesting statement to make. Given that this game isnt out yet... wont be out for a very long time... and there has been 1 single piece of information published about it that isnt even directly from the developer... o_O:eek::confused:

I doubt SimBin would have the resurgence it apparently is having without support from KW. So, I would imagine, yes. If that is what you want to call someone funding development. Whom, without it, the games wouldnt exist or exist as they do with continued development (in RR's case).

3. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Yes, i didnt word it too well, but i only really race two kinds of cars, GT and G5, so to me GT in one game v GT in another when i know from previous what i can or would expect from either then i will take the newer.
    Well, there a quite a few times when developement of RR has been questioned and the reply has been its out of our hands, is that going to be the case with GTR3, it`ll get so far down the line, be almost but not quite finished and the reason comes back to........guess we`ll have to wait and see.

4. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    It will divide us. Because I don't belive, that the GTR3 and R3R multiplayer server / races will be same, so at the end we get 50% of players who are racing in GTR3 and 50% of players who are racing in Raceroom. A very good decision by Sector 3 / Simbin :confused: … and that's real horse manure, unfortunately :(.

Is iRacing publishing a new game title like: NASCAR Racing 2017 Season or IndyCar Racing 3? No, because they have a large customer base and they don't want to lose them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  5. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Great news. All the best to dev teams, hiring etc.

As others I see no issue with two games and separate business models. R3E will focus on MP, similar to iRacing, and provide AI as essentially a sparing partner.
    Whilst GTR 3 will be SP foremost, career mode, much more "off race" polish, a championship that is more than just a result table. That is imo what the codemasters reference was about, more atmosphere, more "game". I welcome that investment.
    A traditional atmospheric game and an online platform. As for money, people buy different games etc already, fail to see the problem given the different focus/offerings.

6. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Imo i think its great. Im hoping that R3E and Gtr3 are similar to drive.
    IF thats the case i could imagine driving R3E for my rank and league and when im exausted after work, but want to drive more chilled, without having consequenses when im chrashing. Then i would choose the "career mode" of Gtr3, if there is one.

Choosing between both? No having both is better. GTR3 for SP and R3E for MP. Simple as that.
    If the GTR3 - MP is like pCars or AC. Im Not even curious about it, when R3E has a System like iRacing.

I only hope they are similar to drive, so the switching is easier.

And second thing. I read the comments of the RD-interview and Paul Jeffrey was teasing with an interview about the Future of R3E in the pipeline. And we will get it soon. He was very positive impressed what he heard. I hope we will have more good things to discuss in a few days :)

+ If you find some weird words in the Text blame my stupid german autokorrect :D

7. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    All conjecture @nate :p
    Got to face facts, apart from it's going to be called GTR3, we know practically nothing about it or where the funding is coming from, for all we know SimBin is looking for more than just funding from KW.
    Hell, for all we know about the game, the GTR title could be as read and the game is nothing more than a Nissan advertisement :D

It's nice to speculate and good fun to read all the speculation but it is just that at the moment, some of the details they've suggested will be in the game does sound pretty impressive though, particularly the weather and "organically pooling water".

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    But isn't that what the "real pros" have been asking for anyway, so they don't have to race against all those noobs? ;)

Seriously, I'd say what your concerned about is one potential scenario, not arguing that, but it's only one out of a number. It all depends on how they set up the games - especially their mp features.
    And there are more ways imaginable than just having the same thing under two different flags. In their last interview S3 talked about steering RR into a serious-mp-racing-platform direction. This can mean many things but it sounds like there will be many more competitions and official leagues and alike.
    Bearing that in mind I can imagine scenarios that could actually be quite fun, like RRs and GTR3s mp rating systems being interlinked and GTR3 acting like the entry level to the more serious leagues in RR.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    iRacing is publishing a new game title : it's called Dirt.
    Sure, you can play it with your existing subscription (well, #soon:)), but it is a whole new level of purchases to be made. Apart from the Subs, iRacing Road and iRacing Oval are effectively two different games, with split user bases that rarely mingle.

And GTR3 won't halve the R3E user base - the sim community is already spread amongst 5 or 6 titles (I have 5 of them, and see no reason why I wouldn't get GTR3.)
    So although GTR3 might take some of the R3E crowd, it will also take money from many of the others. Better to have two horses in a 7 horse race, than just 1 in a six horse race........

related, but weird : I can install GTR2 on my PC, but the (trials?) won't load. Shame, as that is why I installed it after so many years (found it in the attic!) Ah well, haven't got enough time as it is......

10. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    buddy, they don't publish a new game … they confirm Dirt Track Racing as a new kind of racing experience for iRacing and they will rock the house!

source: http://www.iracing.com/dirtpaints/

[​IMG]

11. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Ummm, rocking the house by diluting the other series, most of which suffer from a lack of drivers already? You're not worried about that at all? Odd.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    WTF is this? #justmuricathing

Not my type of racing. Rally is very cool, Rallycross is ok, but this looks meh... Drifting round a circle on dirt, really?

@Sector3 dont copy that, stay on tarmac and racetracks with more than one corner (my opinion)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. icemanpolo

icemanpolo Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    A scientist with a white lab coat kneeing on the track regarding it with a loupe and tasting the clay.:eek:
    Ok, S3 have look! That's research!:p

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  15. Kollo

Kollo Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    SimBin Website with S3 eMail adress. Indeed 2 totally different companies. :rolleyes:

I am so "happy" having spent 95 Euro over the last 2 years for the eternal beta Raceroom.

Really, if those two companies are somehow connected they should focus on finishing one Sim first and then developing a new one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Tbh, that moment I asked myself if I'm looking at some kinda parody....but uhm .. no one started to laugh or to joke about....so.......:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    imo, i hope final GTR3 won't look like plastic cars as we see on the screenshots.

18. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Just maybe, perhaps sharing some resources between the two will help both progress?

19. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Doesn't look to bad IMO - for sure, a bit tweeking on the DOF-Effect would be needed. If it is a bit overdone it can produce that plastic-effect.

BTW. if you look at the following screenshot, especially at the fire truck, you might notice that there is alot of Raceroom inside.

[​IMG]

But again - a bit tweeking would be needed... I guess no visitor of that Race-Venue would walk in those tents as he would need a machete to get in there...

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I think the closer to release GTR3 comes the less development you will see happening in RR, to the point where in 12 months time 95% of available resources will be directed at the former and a little left to keep RR ticking over.
    IMNSHO
    I will be very happy to have a game that looks as good as the screenshots and drives as well as RR add to that all the bits missing in RR implemented.
    Happy days.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017