International One Off Event - [CFEG] 90m Of Monza Grand Prix - LMP2 + GTR3 (28.05.17)

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by OverTheLine, Nov 29, 2016.

1. mikemark

mikemark New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How do I get the password for the "practice R3e Studios server"?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  2. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
    The server you are refering to is the official server for tomorrow. It has been closed until 1900 H tomorrow...and we shall give the password to participants tomorrow :) before the server opens. If you wish to practice...i recommend doing a 120m session of qualy on single player to get to grips of how the race will feel

Thank you

3. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Very good and useful tip.

There is a golden rule that it's the one doing the overtaking who is responsible to do it in a good place so as long as you GT3 drivers keep your racing line the LMP drivers will find a good spot and are responsible for their own race.

Of course, if the LMP driver is on your outside then you can keep the car in and not take the exit of the racing line. Let's not take the rules too literally or I will be "hung by me balls" as our UK friends would call it. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rirdeg

Rirdeg Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    The server password will be posted in the relevant thread on our Steam community forum tomorrow. If for some reason you have an extreme allergic reaction to the steam community please PM me before Qualifying is due to start. Or add me on steam: Rirdeg.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Hello you are going to make transmission, the password on this thank you has all then good luck has all e fair play.

PASSWORD EMAIL THANKS - team-amg@hotmail.fr

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Suppose I should confirm the livery I'm using tonight.

SEBASTIAN LOEB RACING - #19

7. Rirdeg

Rirdeg Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Sent, I recommend you remove your email from display on a public forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Goodluck to all tonight! :) And have fun..

• Like Like x 2
  9. mikemark

mikemark New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    which thread :Do_O
    [​IMG]

10. Rirdeg

Rirdeg Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mikemark

mikemark New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ^ finally figured it out thank you =)

12. OverTheLine

OverTheLine Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +210 / 0 / -0
  13. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for leaving the game so early but i hate those bugs in the game.
    I was entering the pit en the distance give me more than 300 mtr.
    After the turn right in the pits there was already the stop
    If i was drive backwards i will be disqualifed but when i drove another round i will be out of fuel.
    I know that normaly you must stay in the room but i was a little bit frustrated about this issue that i quit directly.
    Those little bugs are irritated.

30 minutes later i've bin cooled down a little and want to thank the organisation for this race.
    I'ts to bad after some houres of practice to quit because such a bug, but you can do nothing about it.
    Apoligise for stepping out.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  14. mikemark

mikemark New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for organizing the event. I was late to practice and qualifying because my internet cut out at the perfect time..... When I eventually had internet come back on I only had few minutes to set up befor the race. About 15 minutes into the race I made the biggest noob mistake.. Gas lol!!!!! I did not load my car... I kept ignoring the warnings for fuel consumption thinking I had more gas in my car... :rolleyes:

15. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    The stop signs are somewhat hard to spot. Maybe some fictional Lollipop man to wave you in (arrows or something?).

16. Krystian Sulkiewicz

Krystian Sulkiewicz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for organizing this race :) . Unfortunately, I had such a drop in FPS, that further travel was impossible, and I did not want to disturb other racers.

17. Rirdeg

Rirdeg Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for a fun event all, unfortunate that some had a few problems. There was good clean racing by all.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Congrats to all podium winners!
    We'll catch you all next time.

18. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for another great event. This race was very nerve-racking due to the amount of fuel added in the last pit stop wasn't enough to finish the race (needed to save around one laps worth of fuel).

Qualifying went well. The Mistral M531 is very fast over one lap with little fuel but I felt that I could've done a high 1.49 which was my personal goal. Fun to qualify with other classes due to one having to time a perfect lap where the track is clear.

In the Race i got away good in the start but as I expected the Chevy DP was VERY fast down the straights and J. Mook almost overtook me in to Brooklands. I covered the inside line and his attempted switch back. After that he trailed me for some laps before falling off a bit before the first pit stop.

The lapping of GT3 cars went well, although I had some pretty close calls, especially in to Becketts mid race where I was about to take the inside line when a Ford GT turned in. It's so fun to try to find a good rhythm during lapping and the GT3 drivers made it fairly easy for me at least, don't know about the other LMP drivers though.

After the final planned pit stop I damned myself for not doing one more lap before pitting since that would've been enough to go to the end after the stop but what can you do. It was fun to keep up the pace simultaneously to Eco-driving like a granny. After some constant calculations I saw that there was no way I could finish the race but I was worried that J.Mook had been saving his fuel so I tried to push one lap and do a quick splash 'n dash. Fortunately he had to do the same so in the end I could finish in front.

I almost lost it though when I collected @Squidboy in to The Loop where I thought he was letting me by on the outside. Hope that it didn't spoil your race mate.

Overall a nice race, although it would've been fun to have a closer battle with J.Mook since our cars were so different over one lap.

One small tip to GT3 class drivers. If you see a faster car approaching down a straight it can be wise to pull off the racing line in good time before the turn so that we don't have to "meet" in the apex of a corner- in good time so your intentions are clear.

T1 (Abbey), T6 (Brooklands), T9 (Copse), T10-12 (Maggots, Becketts) and T15 (Stowe) are corners which you can try to position yourself off the line if possible since the speed differences are so big. I know it's hard, especially when fighting for position but at least when driving for yourself it might be wiser to go off the line and let the car go past on the racing line BEFORE the turn. :) But thank you all GT3 for being aware all race and respecting everybody!

See you next week!

19. RedBreast

RedBreast Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for organising guys. I had a great race. Fighting with Arella for position for most of the race. Not sure what happened towards the end (2nd stop), but all of a sudden, with about 20 minutes to go I was then 30 seconds ahead. Then, with about 10 minutes to go, I had 5-6 laps of fuel, and wasn't sure if it would be enough to finish the race. So I bottled it, and came in for a splash and dash. This took me from 3rd to 5th. Gutted in a way, but in another, I didn't really make any big mistakes. One spin when I was calculating and trying to save fuel, but apart from that, I enjoyed myself. Well done to the class winners.

Edit: I meant to mention, on my (what could have been) last stop, if I'd stayed out another 2 laps which I think I could have done, I wouldn't have needed the drama of needing fuel again!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  20. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    A big thank you to @OverTheLine and @Rirdeg for organising this event and to @Sector3 for hosting us on an official server.

For me, it was a race that promised so much but ended with nothing thanks to an incident turning into Brooklands and a very costly mis-click in the pitlane which canceled the stop with 0 fuel in the tank..
    It was good fun trying to come back through the field until then though.

Thank you to everyone involved, some quality and very respectful driving, cheers guys.