OpenVR support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RaceRoom, Jan 25, 2017.

1. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    No one the same ? Looks like wrong Convergence by Nv Stereo 3D...

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I had that when I was using the steamVR beta, but after I opted-out of the beta it worked properly

3. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ok , try it again , thx .

4. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Dont work , think have to wait for new Steam Patch...

5. Onaflyer

Onaflyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    New user to R3E and I am really liking it a lot. VR for me loaded and is working great. Very impressed, I still need to dial in my OSW but the sim seems great so far.

:D:D Thank you Sector 3 for the VR support! You have a new customer :D:D

PS Rift~OSW w/ small mige ioni~Proto Simtech PT-1 in black~Simvibe~i7-4790k stock~MSI Gaming X 1070

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  6. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    I bumped up to 1.8 (from 1.6) with no visible FPS loss or stutters with the same settings I've always used, might try 2.0 soon. I certainly had stutters/slowdowns before with 1.8 so there's definitely an improvement for me, thanks Devs for the continued work :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wesley Stokes

Wesley Stokes Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I ran RaceRoom last night after the update and other than it not running in full screen, which I only use the monitor to upload game play so no big deal and everything was smooth actually smoother than normal.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wesley Stokes

Wesley Stokes Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Well today major stability issues, game starts but not stable, lots of screen stutter, very buggy and longer than normal load times. Thought this would be a good time to check out a new car, but I guess I am grounded til a fix is implemented, just not the same without VR.

9. Wesley Stokes

Wesley Stokes Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I don't remember opt in for beta, and when I go into the settings there is nothing to indicate beta, any suggestions?

10. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    In the Vid from Gamer muskel he used the Vive Controller , how it works ? Find no Key for this .

11. Scorpean

Scorpean New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Maybe someone here is experiencing they same problem I am. When the VR update was 1st released I was able to eventually get it to load in VR. Now I can only run R3E on a single monitor or triples. It's when I try to run it in -vr mode, I see the loading screen on my monitor but nothing in my CV1 headset. After the loading screen I get a black window on my monitor screen, still nothing in the headset. I sometimes will here the menu music which tells me the game is running but nothing else. I'm running 2 GTX970's (not in SLI) an i5-6600k skylake with 16 gig of memory. Assetto Corza, Project Cars, DIRT Rally and iRacing run just fine on my setup. Any suggestions?

12. Magus

Magus Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I had the same issue this time round. I did various things but not sure what fixed it;

1. I deleted by graphics option file from MyDocs/My Games/Simbin/R3E/UserData
    2. I started the game without the VR option on my single monitor & exited
    3. Started steam VR
    4. Started the game with -vr in launch options. I had the same black screen again but when I pressed a key teh music started and the screen appeared in the headset. It has been working fine since.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Scorpean

Scorpean New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hey Magus,
    I will give that a try when I get home tonight. If only AC had the tracks and audio of R3E, I would be in VR heaven.

14. Wesley Stokes

Wesley Stokes Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Had the same issue, check Oculus home screen there was an update yesterday to Oculus. Shut down PC completely and restart, this fixed my issue.

15. Scorpean

Scorpean New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I Didnt notice that there was an update to Oculus. I did play Robo Recall after giving up on R3E. I think that if I was able to play Robo Recall then I must have gotten the update but will also check tonight. Thanks Wesley

16. SpiT

SpiT New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can only get it to start with -vr 1.5, any higher and it will crash.
    Oculus CV1.
    I attached the dmp file.

Solved:
    I had a profile in the Nvidia settings for raceroom causing the problem, removed it and used the default 3d settings.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  17. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Using Rift CV1 I get over exposure like flashing of sky and clouds at all the tracks I have tried. It is most apparent if time is set to Noon however it does occur to varying degrees at other times dependant on the sky at the track. It occurs irrespective of whether Light Shafts, Lens Flare or Specular are turned off or on.

*** UPDATED *** I have now found the cause and 99% sure it is Bloom as when it is off there does not seem to be any flashing, on the first VR build I had Bloom on without any issue - posting here so the devs are aware and can check it out.

You forgot to add AI which is terrible in AC and for me physics and FFB is better in R3E by small margin plus even now at early stage VR is implemented far better in R3E... imho :cool:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  18. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    VR menu resolution question / comment : I wanted to know if anyone else is having this same problem ? Prior to this update I was able to view the menus all in a resolution of 2880x1620 which was the res I had been using on my 4K screen.

With the update I now see the resolution in VR is fixed at 1280 x 960 with 4:3 aspect ratio and I am unable to change it, already tried deleting the user graphics config xml file and editing same file but it just resets itself to 1280 x 960 everytime. The problem with that res is that it make text and especially numbers very hard to read for me whereas at 2880 x 1620 everything was really clear and easy to read. If anyone knows of a workaround please share. cheers.

19. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Is it just me or is the scale not ok? It seems to me that everything is too big. In iracing everything feels to have the right scale for me. Can I adjust the scale somewhere in the options? It's a real immersion breaker... I always have the feeling that something is wrong...

Another "issue" is, that my view is not centered in the right position. For example in the WTCC Honda Civic it's like my head is just a milimeter below the roof liner with the wheel in my stomach. Could it be a calibration problem within steam vr? I can adjust the view to my preferences by just lean a little bit forward and moving a bit up while resetting the view, but this shouldn't be the way it is intended to work, I believe.

20. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    regarding scale, look in the controls section under 'secondary control bindings' (or something like that). There are bindings for increase / decrease / reset eye separation scale. I can't remember the exact wording but it's something like that. If the world is too big, *increase* the eye separation scale from the default 0.9 to closer to 1.0. Or play with it and you get to drive around in *massive* or *tiny* racing cars. It's awesome :)

• Like Like x 3