Released 28/02/2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Feb 28, 2017.

1. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Still the same.

2. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    I will record and post the scenes where I feel killed by AI the next times it happens.

It makes it so much easier to talk about a scene in a video compared to long texts which contain the words 'always' and 'never' ;)
    Guess the team would also get better feedback from concrete scenes.

'Killed by AI' would be an appropriate thread title I guess. You're welcome to join...

3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Good approach to take otherwise it's a case of proof or it never happened! :D

4. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    ... or a chance for getting bashed for my own driving skills :oops:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. HewitAMG

HewitAMG New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    DTM cars : added data display -> Don´t like it so much. Old one looked way more like the ones in real.
    If the colors of the gears are for example green ,then you can´t see anything at all.
    Please make them black again.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  6. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    No clue if this was already reported, I'm still not completely awake, but ...
    Nope!
    211500_20170305091845_1.jpg
    Cars are still flying or diving. Screenshot was taken at the Norisring last Friday.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed this too in replay.. But as soon as the lights went on, the cars got on the ground :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  8. metaboli176

metaboli176 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    So slowly it gets really boring at raceroom / sector3.
    Many months they promise the new cars come, but what comes? Nothing, other garbage is not announced.
    What shoud that?
    I am waiting for months for the mercedes amg gt3, the bmw m6 gt3, the audi r8 ultra gt3, on mclaren 650s, on the vorvette c7r gt3, but it seems yes to be mode at raceroom / sector3 which one is far behind.
    At assetto corsa, at project cars and at various other races you can drive the new boliden, raceroom / sector3 promises better and brings other garbage.
    Is probably cool in the year 2017 still still with cars to drive from 2014.
    I am excited, irony.
    I'm curious if they get this year still baked the new cars to bring and please, makes also the opponents smarter, the lawn with stupidity in a purely if one is on the track badly is not fun

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    That is your first post on the forums lol?

Sometimes release dates are dependent on the manufacturer approving it. You've already downloaded the new bmw and 650s in the last update. People have seen ai driving them. They're probably just waiting on an approval of sorts. All I know is Iracing is my main sim and they haven't even gotten deals on the bentley, mclaren 650s or the bmw m6. Not to mention all the other gt3 cars they are missing from their line up compared to RaceRoom.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. 1blasius04

1blasius04 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic! :)

...but I have a problem with championship mode after the update.
    The menu where I can create paralell championships is missing and if I start a championship the autosave doesn't work so if you finish a session (or a full event) and quit, the all game is lost.
    Is this only my problem or seen someone else?

And I have another question too (but maybe is my ignorant): Can I schedule the updates? Very unpleasent when I have a half hour to play and the update say hello and install running for a long time.

11. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Championship works fine for me

12. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I posted already some 'issues' with the new update regarding VR...

But wait.... I haven't wrote a single word about how much I appreciate the implementation of VR. All these months I wrote how important VR is to have in Raceroom and how disappointed I was to get no news... I guess people (that includes me) write some posts and complain if they are not happy with something, but there is no/less positive feedback on the things S3 brings to the sim. The point is, that my favorite sim got even better... better? No, with VR it's nearly perfect for me. Raceroom, Rift, Crew Chief, my beloved WTCC with all the official drivers and cars... no, I need nothing more. Thank you S3S!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    my championship works well

14. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Btw, there's something wrong with the store as it isn't applying certain discounts. As an example, I have the Ruf GT3 and the Z4 GT3 from the Nürb Legends Steam pack, and the Ruf GT2 doesn't appear discounted anymore, and both the ADAC GT Masters Z4 GT3 from 2013 and 2014 (which I don't own) appear as full price cars (2.98€) instead of the price of a single skin (0,29€, as when I bought the 2015 Z4).
    Also, I have 3 tracks from the American tracks pack, missing only Indy. Before, its price was ~1,27€, now it shows 1,70€ instead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Two issues I noticed with new displays:
    - Tatuus F4 doesn't show amount of fuel, it's always 999
    - In FR US, backgrounds are swapped. It's not visible on wheel, but when you switch to full HUD, you can see it.

16. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean exactly, i have not understood ... sorry

17. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

I know that quality is a bit bad, but you can see that in first one you have remaining time captioned as RPM, and current position without caption while on second you have Time Remaining that shows engine RPM and empty Best Lap Time as well as Position In Class.

Also, Gear Indicator is a bit to the left instead in center on first one, it's more noticable while you switch those in game.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. 1blasius04

1blasius04 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank You, and Cristoph too.

I looking for the solution at my profile...

19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't really help, but what you got there isn't an AI issue but a contact issue, the infamous magnetic contact (which isn't reserved to contacts vs AI).
    They're still on the lookout for a sollution for those I think. Doesn't really help that there are people (like myself) who do not encounter these. I can go rounds rubbing shoulders in the '92 cars trying to provoke this and it just won't happen. No idea why...

20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well at least we know Yoda uses Raceroom now, if maybe just a little impatient, quality over quantity over here pal! ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1