Question Force Feedback

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by higsy, Feb 7, 2017.

1. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    Hi was just thinking about the force feedback multiplier for each car. Is there anyway it can be incorporated into the game where that feature can be tied to a button box.

I've got rotary dials I think would make it useful...
    thanks

• Like Like x 3
  2. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I can check this with the devs since it sounds like a good use for rotary dials. Will report back.

3. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    So do you want to change the FFB multiplier on track while driving? Otherwise you just do it before you go out from the garage.

I have TC steps mapped on buttons so I can work with that during a race as well as brake bias.

I misread your first post. I see no real value in changing FFB while driving but if it it's a big issue for you then I can suggest it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I guess if someone does a 2 hr race... their wheel might be getting hot and it would be nice to lower the FFB a small amount. Or if their arms get tired.

I dont really see any reason for this either since it is already in the garage menu. FFB should always be set up before doing an event, especially a lengthy one. The suggestion never hurts though.

5. DirtyriceTX

DirtyriceTX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    I imagine it would be quicker to have buttons set to adjust it while on track so in a practice session while driving you could figure out the exact level you want it at. VS now you have to keep exiting to the garage to change it. Considering how many options we have for key bindings in raceroom, why not :)

6. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    I'm not familiar with the how-to behind a game but maybe having an "open setting" where you can map every possible setting on a key, which you can change in the settings menu under each tab today, could be a thing. Why not let the end user choose?

But there might be more work behind this than just "apply" so yeah, I don't kno. Like Nate said, suggestions never hurt.

7. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Assetto Corsa has in game FFB adjustments and there's a very useful FFB Clip App which adjusts FFB during your lap based on clipping. So it dynamically finds the sweet spot for the track and sets FFB. This would be a nice addition to any sim. So it would probably require real-time FFB adjustments as suggested in the first post.

8. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    I think it's very easy to change your ffb, just press pause and go to options menu and change your ffb and press resume. It's almost as easy as Assetto Corsa.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    r3e has a clipping meter too

Andi

10. Ranger

Ranger New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Andi, I'm referring to an app that adjusts FFB based on real-time clipping. So as I'm driving it changes FFB for me to keep me below the clipping point.